Gravity Loaners

KLusinyan

Member

Joined
Oct 14, 2025
Messages
41
Reaction score
83
Cars
Lucid Gravity Grand Tour
So I went to take my lucid gravity that I have for 45 or so days to the Torrance SC to repair a build quality issue that I flagged on delivery day as well as key cards that do not start the car. I obviously needed a loaner and was provided an Air that does not have NACS. When I asked for an adapter to charge at my tesla charger at home, I was told that they do not make any and finding an electrify America stall to charge. Is this common practice? How do they not provide adapters for gravity customers who clearly will have NACS setups at home. Beyond ridiculous! Genuinely want to return my car as it has been this nonsense and dealing with daily popups of errors. Had my car alarm go off yesterday and walked to see my frunk open for some reason.
 
Do they at least provide the mobile charging cable so you can plug in to 120V for slow charge over night?
 
Do they at least provide the mobile charging cable so you can plug in to 120V for slow charge over night?
Nope. I decided not to leave the gravity and after some back and forth with customer support I am going to be provided a Tesla loaner once scheduling is complete. 🤣
 
Nope. I decided not to leave the gravity and after some back and forth with customer support I am going to be provided a Tesla loaner once scheduling is complete. 🤣
Which service center is this? I have never received an Air loaner without a mobile charging cable before.
 
So I went to take my lucid gravity that I have for 45 or so days to the Torrance SC to repair a build quality issue that I flagged on delivery day as well as key cards that do not start the car. I obviously needed a loaner and was provided an Air that does not have NACS. When I asked for an adapter to charge at my tesla charger at home, I was told that they do not make any and finding an electrify America stall to charge. Is this common practice? How do they not provide adapters for gravity customers who clearly will have NACS setups at home. Beyond ridiculous! Genuinely want to return my car as it has been this nonsense and dealing with daily popups of errors. Had my car alarm go off yesterday and walked to see my frunk open for some reason.
You could buy an adapter for less than $200 and just always have one available. It's a minor annoyance in the scheme of things. Why choose to dwell on that?
 
Being frustrated about not having cable is understandable, but returning the car for that reason won’t resolve the issue. No one or anything can guarantee absolute happiness.
 
When I left my Gravity at my local sc, I was provided an Air and the NACS-to-CCS adapter that Lucid makes and sells in the Lucid store.

The car was fully charged and they didn't keep my GGT long, so I didn't need to charge.

The SA you dealt with was clearly wrong about an adapter not being made, by the company he works for no less.

I had a fill-in SA (my assigned SA was in a last minute meeting) tell me my GGT with 21"/22" wheels didn't come with aero covers. Wrong. Had to show him the Lucid web page.
 
Last edited:
You could buy an adapter for less than $200 and just always have one available. It's a minor annoyance in the scheme of things. Why choose to dwell on that?
It’s not just this, it’s this on top of everything else I’ve had to deal with. This just happened to be the first annoyance with a lucid employee directly in front of me, allowing me to vent my frustrations.
 
Being frustrated about not having cable is understandable, but returning the car for that reason won’t resolve the issue. No one or anything can guarantee absolute happiness.
It’s not about guaranteed happiness, it’s about understanding gravity customers coming into SCs with lots of frustrations because of software bugs and build quality issues with the hope that staff will go above and beyond to make these appointments a pleasant experience. Don’t get me wrong, the car is great when it works, but I’m barely hanging onto that “when it works.”
 
It’s not about guaranteed happiness, it’s about understanding gravity customers coming into SCs with lots of frustrations because of software bugs and build quality issues with the hope that staff will go above and beyond to make these appointments a pleasant experience.
I agree.
 
Lucid stopped providing chargers in the Air's starting in 25. I bought an Amazon special Nema plug for 130 bucks or so. Also have a NACS to J1776 which has proven very useful at destination chargers.
 
fortunately we have a NAC to J1772 adapter since my wife's car is '24 Ioniq 5 and needs it to charge at home
 
Lucid stopped providing chargers in the Air's starting in 25. I bought an Amazon special Nema plug for 130 bucks or so. Also have a NACS to J1776 which has proven very useful at destination chargers.
Yes, but that's not true for loaners, to my knowledge.
 
Yes, but that's not true for loaners, to my knowledge.
They definitely do not provide them for loaners. After speaking with them, I agreed to purchase my own adapter for the air loaner if they agreed to pick up the gravity from my house and drop off the loaner. I had to fight for a draw.
 
They definitely do not provide them for loaners. After speaking with them, I agreed to purchase my own adapter for the air loaner if they agreed to pick up the gravity from my house and drop off the loaner. I had to fight for a draw.
Fascinating. That's new then, or perhaps limited to that service center. I'll check with San Jose out of curiosity, too.
 
They definitely do not provide them for loaners. After speaking with them, I agreed to purchase my own adapter for the air loaner if they agreed to pick up the gravity from my house and drop off the loaner. I had to fight for a draw.
Providing adapters has to be a specific service center decision, not a overall Lucid decision.

When I mentioned that I would need an adapter to charge the Air loaner with my NACS Lucid charger, the service center had not problem providing it.

Maybe the decision is based on the number of Gravities in the service area. There were only 4 in my area three months ago.
 
Providing adapters has to be a specific service center decision, not a overall Lucid decision.

When I mentioned that I would need an adapter to charge the Air loaner with my NACS Lucid charger, the service center had not problem providing it.

Maybe the decision is based on the number of Gravities in the service area. There were only 4 in my area three months ago.
Disregard my post.
Too late to delete.

I see that the accessory in question is the mobile charger, not an adapter which I was provided and would negate the need for mobile charger at home.
 
In what world does selling an EV without a charging cable make sense? I think Tesla has started doing this too - such a dumb move for a very high dollar purchase. I know this is about being loaned a charger or adapter when needing a loaner car but the whole thing is stupid on the part of Lucid - its like they are going out of their way to make decisions to piss off their customers over literal peanuts.
 
Back
Top