Gravity Driver's Seat

Pacernow

Member

Joined
Aug 22, 2024
Messages
91
Reaction score
46
Cars
Rivian R1T
I have owned a 21 Tesla Model Y and currently own a Rivian R1T. I have been a member of this forum for about 2 years. Looked at the 3 Air models in late 24, but decided not to buy/lease. I did not like how driver's seat. To me it seemed to sit lower then the driver's seat in the Model Y. I have an appointment on Monday to test drive the Gravity. Is the driver's seat higher in the Gravity as compared to the 3 Air's driver seat? Thank you in advance.
 
I have owned a 21 Tesla Model Y and currently own a Rivian R1T. I have been a member of this forum for about 2 years. Looked at the 3 Air models in late 24, but decided not to buy/lease. I did not like how driver's seat. To me it seemed to sit lower then the driver's seat in the Model Y. I have an appointment on Monday to test drive the Gravity. Is the driver's seat higher in the Gravity as compared to the 3 Air's driver seat? Thank you in advance.
It is. I recently switched my front seat to have it raised all the way up (I’m 5’10”), but even when I had it lower, it was still much higher than air.
 
It is. I recently switched my front seat to have it raised all the way up (I’m 5’10”), but even when I had it lower, it was still much higher than air.
Yes, my experience as well. This is all about personal preference, but I found the seat and squircle position to be very comfortable and adjustable.
 
chrisbworth and prgarg,
Thank you very much for your replies. How do you like your Gravity?
 
[…]
Thank you very much for your replies. How do you like your Gravity?
Great car - best in class. I love that it drives like a sports sedan with amazing driving characteristics, plus that it can carry 7 adults and has an incredible amount of cargo space. I’m hoping that we’ll get a revamped DDPro with Nvidia self-driving within a year. Even without it, DDPro in its current form is good enough to take the fatigue out of commutes and road trips. The hardware beats Tesla (lidar, radar, and sonar in addition to camera.)

The Air sits low, similar to a lot of sports cars. I think the Rivian sits too high - I have to climb up and jump down in order to get in and out of the Rivian. The Gravity is just right 😉.

Let us know what you think after your test drive. Rivian has a loyal following and I’m wondering if you’ll switch.
 
saksak,
Thank you very much for your reply and your review of your Gravity. I traded in my Y for the Rivian because I had a specific need and that situation has ended. I like to drive the Rivian, but I do not like to park it. Looking forward to the test drive.
 
With the Dynamic Handling package you get to choose from 4 heights in the suspension when driving, and you can also set how the car sits when you stop / park: High or Low. My wife & I prefer low as there's no "climb up" -- the seat is right there at a nice comfortable altitude. BUT -- the doors wrap pretty far down on the car. So parallel parking next to even a normal curb can be tricky & tight, even grinding -- so for that we'll temporarily switch it to "High" park setting. Voila, solved.

BTW we LOVE our GGT. With all the capacious space it is simply remarkable that it drives as nimbly & quietly as it does -- we call it our "terrestrial spaceship."
 
chrisbworth and prgarg,
Thank you very much for your replies. How do you like your Gravity?
That's a loaded question 🙂
It's an amazing car when performing as intended. Very comfortable, powerful, handles really well, spacious, good sound system. The design is beautiful in my opinion.
... but it can also drive you crazy and make you wanna return it when the issues arise, as you can deduct from the multiple posts by other owners here in the forum.
I'm unfortunately more on the second camp, but I can understand the enthusiastic recommendation from owners with no issues.
 
nelslens,
Thank you for your review of your GGT. This information is very helpful. The tip on Dynamic Handling is wonderful. Thanks again.
 
prgarg,
Thank you for the balanced review. My hesitation is the service center for Lucid is 120 miles from me. Does Lucid provide mobile service?
 
prgarg,
Thank you for the balanced review. My hesitation is the service center for Lucid is 120 miles from me. Does Lucid provide mobile service?
They do but I would definitely check with them for availability in your specific area.
 
prgarg,
Thank you for the balanced review. My hesitation is the service center for Lucid is 120 miles from me. Does Lucid provide mobile service?

I assume you know all about the software problems and the focus by Lucid to stamp out bugs with the last few software updates. There are also plenty of posts about the time it takes to schedule service and time in service. The service centers do their best but seem to be overloaded. You do get a free loaner or rental, though.

The Gravity is a great car, but tolerance and patience is required while they work out the kinks.
 
Saksak,
I read numerous threads on this forum About Gravity's issue after its launch. I reduced my time on this forum with all of the issues with the Gravity. I watched the recent videos by Kyle on OOS discussing the OTAs successes in solving some of the more troubling bugs. I am sure that there are bugs to be corrected.
That you for mentioning the threads regarding getting and scheduling service. I will take a look at these threads.
 
Random Design,
Thank you for your comments regarding mobile service on a Gravity.

As I say to everyone who asks me about the Gravity "in the wild" - we absolutely love it and it's easily the best car we've ever owned but you just have to be aware of the company's growing pains and go into it knowing there could be some frustrations dealing with them sometimes.


If you do end up buying make sure to use someone's referral code too as you'll get some credits you can use on accessories later. Many of us have it in our profiles on the left side here if you don't already have one.
 
Last edited:
RandomDesign,
Thank you for your comments regarding discussions about your Gravity. Appreciate the heads up on the growing pains at Lucid. On some of the competitive forums there are discussions about Lucid's financial situation. How solid is Lucid's financial situation? I do not pay any attention to comments about EV companies financial status.
 
...On some of the competitive forums there are discussions about Lucid's financial situation. How solid is Lucid's financial situation?...
Lucid has a very committed partner in the PIF. I'm comfortable with it, though everyone has their own level of risk tolerance.
 
All,
I did the test drive of the Gravity Touring today. Very pleased with the drive and the discussion with the sales rep. The test drive was in the smooth mode, one pedal driving, standard height, and hold at stop. The performance was good and I liked the High regen setting. I use this setting in my Model Y and now the R1T. Showed me the GPS. I put in our address and it showed 24% SOC at arrival. The departure SOC was 80%. Created some concern on my part. On some of my round trips with my contracting job I would need to charge before I got home.
All of the service in the Dallas, TX. area is by mobile. Need to decide on Getting the GGT with the larger battery or the Touring with the 89kWh battery.
It was a good experience at Lucid .
 
All,
I did the test drive of the Gravity Touring today. […] I put in our address and it showed 24% SOC at arrival. The departure SOC was 80%. Created some concern on my part. […] Need to decide on Getting the GGT with the larger battery or the Touring with the 89kWh battery.
It was a good experience at Lucid .
Personally, I would go with the GGT just for the extra range. It still can’t match the Lucid Air in range, although it will easily beat the Model Y and R1T (even with the Max Pack if you choose the smallest wheels.)

Back of the envelope calculation is that you can make that round trip with 85% charge with the GGT. Worst case, you can do a quick splash & dash charging session to top off enough to get you home, given the Gravity’s fantastic charging rate.

What wheels did the touring have? Wheels make a big difference. Go for the smallest wheels. Smallest is the best in every category (range, noise, comfort, potholes, replacement cost) except for looks and track performance.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top