- Joined
- Mar 30, 2025
- Messages
- 994
- Reaction score
- 2,073
- Cars
- 26 Gravity GT Black, EV9
So last night was the first deep freeze for us (as far as the south calls deep Anyway) where temps were in the low 20s overnight and my Gravity sat out in the driveway in it. The dynamic range is indicatin, on the cold battery, that it thinks the car will get about 300 miles or so range off a full charge (I'm at about 50% charge currently) after driving around a bit this morning. The dynamic range has been pretty spot on so far, so I'm not doubting it. The efficiency dropped (due to the cold I gather) from about 2.9 to 2.5 in the cold. I have the 386 mile EPA for my Gravity and this is about what I was hoping for with cold driving range. I'd be perfectly happy with 300 miles in the cold frosty winter as our other EVS,like the EV9, would drop to about 200 miles (down from about 270) about this time on a full charge. So we can still do better in the Gravity on winter trips than the other could even at best. I'm very happy with my range, even if I'm not seeing that 386 miles at about any point. I've been averaging 340-360 in the summer. We shall see how it continues to handle the cold, and how even colder temps can affect it as the season goes on.