Gravity Bugs / Issues

The bright spot for me with my Gravity DE has been the charging. Seems to work on all the networks relatively seamlessly until this morning. I used the same EA DC Fast Chargers I use every week because it's right next to my office. This time instead of just plugging and charging, it asked me to use the app to identify which EA charger I was using. This is new to me and requires app use, which didn't use to be the case. I'm not sure if this is an EA change or a Lucid change or perhaps just a one-off authentication issue. Anyone else experiencing charging issues since the 3.3.1 OTA update?
 
I guess I should post beforehand about anything I plan to order based on release notes in order to be sure I understand all the unsaid things the release is saying to those who aren't well-informed on such things.
Either a USB2 or USB3 stick would work, so it wouldn’t make a difference what you ordered. You literally cannot screw it up, as long as it meets the minimum requirements as described in the release notes. There’s nothing more to understand. If you had ordered a USB2 stick that met the requirements, that would be fine too.

Mine also says “too slow” occasionally when I get in the car and I have to eject and reinsert.

It’s a new feature in beta, and is a little buggy.
 
The bright spot for me with my Gravity DE has been the charging. Seems to work on all the networks relatively seamlessly until this morning. I used the same EA DC Fast Chargers I use every week because it's right next to my office. This time instead of just plugging and charging, it asked me to use the app to identify which EA charger I was using. This is new to me and requires app use, which didn't use to be the case. I'm not sure if this is an EA change or a Lucid change or perhaps just a one-off authentication issue. Anyone else experiencing charging issues since the 3.3.1 OTA update?
This happens with some EA stations and, more rarely, some Tesla stations. Whenever PnC fails, it falls back to asking you to select the particular station you’re at, through the app. Not new; just the first time you ran into it.

Can be a challenge with loaners, as you can’t access the mobile app, so your only options are to pay or move; not much of an issue anymore, as the free charging on loaners is expiring or expired, but nevertheless.
 
Mine also says “too slow” occasionally when I get in the car and I have to eject and reinsert.

How much of a pain is that? While we still had the Gravity here I looked for that usb port in the glovebox and found it with a flashlight. Not easy to get to. That's why I also ordered 6" extension cables for both cars. Same thing I use in the Air, because its USB ports in the console will only fit certain stick configurations and then only with some tricky maneuvering.

FWIW, I still don't understand why the release notes wouldn't have said something like "use a 2.0 or later generation USB stick with X specs". I wasn't the only poster here who thought it meant that only a 2.0 stick could be used. I have long noticed that people who deal with software take their level of knowledge regarding everything associated with the field so much for granted that they don't realize how confusing some of this is for people who aren't steeped in it.
 
How much of a pain is that? While we still had the Gravity here I looked for that usb port in the glovebox and found it with a flashlight. Not easy to get to. That's why I also ordered 6" extension cables for both cars. Same thing I use in the Air, because its USB ports in the console will only fit certain stick configurations and then only with some tricky maneuvering.

It’s mildly annoying. I find it easier than Annie does.

FWIW, I still don't understand why the release notes wouldn't have said something like "use a 2.0 or later generation USB stick with X specs". I wasn't the only poster here who thought it meant that only a 2.0 stick could be used.
To be clear: I agree with you it should have been clearer written.

However, in this case “misreading it” still left you in a working state, as USB2 would work fine; that’s all I’m saying.

I agree it was unclear.

I have long noticed that people who deal with software take their level of knowledge regarding everything associated with the field so much for granted that they don't realize how confusing some of this is for people who aren't steeped in it.
You’re not wrong; I try very hard not to do that, and I worry I was unclear here. My point wasn’t that you’re incorrect and the release notes were perfect; it was simply that making the “wrong choice” and following them literally (getting a USB2 stick), while extra work and unnecessary, would still make the feature work.
 
How much of a pain is that? While we still had the Gravity here I looked for that usb port in the glovebox and found it with a flashlight. Not easy to get to. That's why I also ordered 6" extension cables for both cars. Same thing I use in the Air, because its USB ports in the console will only fit certain stick configurations and then only with some tricky maneuvering.

FWIW, I still don't understand why the release notes wouldn't have said something like "use a 2.0 or later generation USB stick with X specs". I wasn't the only poster here who thought it meant that only a 2.0 stick could be used. I have long noticed that people who deal with software take their level of knowledge regarding everything associated with the field so much for granted that they don't realize how confusing some of this is for people who aren't steeped in it.
It's true, when writing documentation it can be hard to make sure it's clear to people without a background in the technology. Hard to even recognize what is and isn't obvious to potential readers. To be fair to the tech writers, being excessively verbose with every possible detail can make documentation so wordy that it's hard to consume.

In this instance, it might have been better to just say that a USB stick is needed, as you'd really have to work to buy a stick that doesn't support at least USB 2 these days. But then some owner would pull an ancient stick out of a drawer and be puzzled why it doesn't work, so its hard to win 100% of the time.
 
How much of a pain is that? While we still had the Gravity here I looked for that usb port in the glovebox and found it with a flashlight. Not easy to get to. That's why I also ordered 6" extension cables for both cars. Same thing I use in the Air, because its USB ports in the console will only fit certain stick configurations and then only with some tricky maneuvering.

FWIW, I still don't understand why the release notes wouldn't have said something like "use a 2.0 or later generation USB stick with X specs". I wasn't the only poster here who thought it meant that only a 2.0 stick could be used. I have long noticed that people who deal with software take their level of knowledge regarding everything associated with the field so much for granted that they don't realize how confusing some of this is for people who aren't steeped in it.
Thank you for your feedback. The specs provided in the release notes are intended to be minimum. We will be updating our documentation to reflect this.
 
How much of a pain is that? While we still had the Gravity here I looked for that usb port in the glovebox and found it with a flashlight. Not easy to get to. That's why I also ordered 6" extension cables for both cars. Same thing I use in the Air, because its USB ports in the console will only fit certain stick configurations and then only with some tricky maneuvering.

FWIW, I still don't understand why the release notes wouldn't have said something like "use a 2.0 or later generation USB stick with X specs". I wasn't the only poster here who thought it meant that only a 2.0 stick could be used. I have long noticed that people who deal with software take their level of knowledge regarding everything associated with the field so much for granted that they don't realize how confusing some of this is for people who aren't steeped in it.

Oh I 100% agree. Lucid's documentation and marketing leave a bit to be desired.
 
Happen to find a 3.0 drive in my desk. Tried it just for fun after the 2.0 failed again today. Lo and behold, it worked. I would recommend anyone who has not yet purchased a flash drive, do yourself a favor and buy a 3.0. At least that has been my experience. Take it for what it's worth.🤪
 
It’s been 5 days since I took delivery of my Gravity. These are the bugs and issues I’ve encountered so far.
  1. Profile Switching – Takes ~30 seconds; screen shuts down, music/navigation resets.
  2. Phone as Key – Not available yet; must use the key fob or card.
  3. App Climate Control – Remote A/C often fails, says “windows open” even when they’re closed.
  4. App Version Mismatch – Car shows 3.3.1, but the Lucid app still shows 3.2.2 and says it’s up to date.
  5. App UI Confusion – “Charge Limit” is displayed too prominently, looks like state of charge.
  6. Microphone Issue – Other party can’t hear you; voice sounds muffled, distant, and quiet.
  7. Screens Freezing – Right-side screens froze twice; required soft reset.
  8. No Automatic Screen Dimming – Manual dimming works, but no auto-dim at night.
  9. Navigation System – Poor routing; Google Maps is much more reliable.
  10. Too Many Alerts – Excessive pop-ups like “WATCH THE ROAD” even when looking forward.
  11. False Door Alerts – Car sometimes says rear door is open when it’s not.
  12. Passenger Airbag – Turns on/off randomly when passenger leans back.
  13. Frunk Close Button – Doesn’t always respond; sometimes needs multiple presses.
  14. Trunk Close Button (2nd row) – Frequently unresponsive, requires repeated presses.
  15. Driver Door Handle – Feels loose, creaks, seems poorly aligned.
  16. Steering Warning – Red steering error appeared once while parking, then disappeared.
  17. Headlights – Dark marks visible inside headlights, especially noticeable when turning.

    I had written about each of them in detail earlier; you can check them here:
    https://lucidowners.com/threads/living-with-the-lucid-gravity-a-tesla-owner’s-journey.13483/
 
It’s been 5 days since I took delivery of my Gravity. These are the bugs and issues I’ve encountered so far.
Most of these are not bugs/issues, but simply you not knowing the product yet.

  1. Profile Switching – Takes ~30 seconds; screen shuts down, music/navigation resets.
Not a bug; just the present state. Air was similar in the early days; this will get faster, but it isn’t a bug.

  1. Phone as Key – Not available yet; must use the key fob or card.
Yup, just not out yet.

  1. App Climate Control – Remote A/C often fails, says “windows open” even when they’re closed.
This is an issue in your car, and you should consider having service check this out, as I responded on the other thread.
  1. App Version Mismatch – Car shows 3.3.1, but the Lucid app still shows 3.2.2 and says it’s up to date.
Call CS; they should repush it.
  1. App UI Confusion – “Charge Limit” is displayed too prominently, looks like state of charge.
This is you not knowing the app yet. You can switch views at the top right.
  1. Microphone Issue – Other party can’t hear you; voice sounds muffled, distant, and quiet.
Fixed in 3.3.1; if it hasn’t been, you need CS ti repush.

  1. Screens Freezing – Right-side screens froze twice; required soft reset.
Yes, I have this issue too. It doesn’t actually require a reset; if you wait 20-45 seconds, they’ll load.

This is a real bug, and on the latest version (3.3.1)

  1. No Automatic Screen Dimming – Manual dimming works, but no auto-dim at night.
Not a bug. Feature doesn’t exist yet.

  1. Navigation System – Poor routing; Google Maps is much more reliable.
Works great for me and drove us all the way to Tahoe. This is very much a “YMMV” issue, so I can’t really comment on it.

  1. Too Many Alerts – Excessive pop-ups like “WATCH THE ROAD” even when looking forward.
This will be further reduced; they were just talking about it at a recent event.

  1. False Door Alerts – Car sometimes says rear door is open when it’s not.
This is a service issue you should get fixed. Do not wait for software, as this likely isn’t a software issue.

  1. Passenger Airbag – Turns on/off randomly when passenger leans back.
Should turn on/off when the passenger lifts their weight off the seat. If yours is doing so whenever the passenger leans back, see service.

  1. Frunk Close Button – Doesn’t always respond; sometimes needs multiple presses.
Press it hard? Again, see service if this is consistent. Ours works 100% of the time.

  1. Trunk Close Button (2nd row) – Frequently unresponsive, requires repeated presses.
Same as frunk button. Ours works first try every time.

  1. Driver Door Handle – Feels loose, creaks, seems poorly aligned.
Hm? Photo or video?

  1. Steering Warning – Red steering error appeared once while parking, then disappeared.
If it comes back regularly, see service.

  1. Headlights – Dark marks visible inside headlights, especially noticeable when turning.
This is not a bug. This is to avoid blinding oncoming drivers and is intentional. Plenty written about this for the Air on this forum.

A lot of this is just “getting used to the car and app.” Some of it is legit issues, which you should have service check out.
 
What's the time cutoff where it becomes a bug? 60 seconds? One hour? :p 30 seconds is absurdly long.
He did say bugs and issues.
Lols. Doesn’t remember 1.0….

~30 seconds is good to start with. Incredibly complex vehicle with many computers that need to handshake.

How often do people switch profiles? I can think of very few times it’s bothered me, at least in the Air.
 
Lols. Doesn’t remember 1.0….

~30 seconds is good to start with. Incredibly complex vehicle with many computers that need to handshake.

How often do people switch profiles? I can think of very few times it’s bothered me, at least in the Air.
It's also better than the Air, you don't need everything to fully load in order to drive the vehicle. The speedometer section is up and running in about 5 seconds where you can put the car in drive and go.
 
Thank you for your feedback. The specs provided in the release notes are intended to be minimum. We will be updating our documentation to reflect this.
Probably for the best. While we assume things are generally minimum spec and above it’s not always the case. I recently discovered that a device I own with a USB-C charge port would only charge on a LESS POWERFUL AC/DC converter than I was using. I assumed that all USB-C devices would gracefully downgrade their charging amperage to fit their needs but it wasn’t the case.
 
What's the time cutoff where it becomes a bug? 60 seconds? One hour? :p 30 seconds is absurdly long.
He did say bugs and issues.
It is operating as intended. Profile switches, and it takes 30 seconds. It can certainly be improved, but it isn’t a *bug*.

Also, I don’t think 30 seconds is “absurdly long.” I’m not robbing a bank, and if I am, I’ll use my wife’s profile if I have to, lol.

But it will get faster, thus improving the experience.
 
It is operating as intended. Profile switches, and it takes 30 seconds. It can certainly be improved, but it isn’t a *bug*.

Also, I don’t think 30 seconds is “absurdly long.” I’m not robbing a bank, and if I am, I’ll use my wife’s profile if I have to, lol.

But it will get faster, thus improving the experience.
I never thought it was all that long anyway. Compared to other vehicles....hell compared to Windows changing users it's not any big amount of time. I'm sure it'll get tighter over time too.
 
Also, I don’t think 30 seconds is “absurdly long.” I’m not robbing a bank, and if I am, I’ll use my wife’s profile if I have to, lol.
Can see the court trial now….

“And I would’ve gotten away with robbing that bank too… if it wasn’t for those damn Lucid Gravity profile switches” 😂
 
Can see the court trial now….

“And I would’ve gotten away with robbing that bank too… if it wasn’t for those damn Lucid Gravity profile switches” 😂
I think the top speed of the pursuit in the Gravity would make up for any lost time by the profile switching. lol.
 
Back
Top