Gravity and Lucid Homs Charger Issue

Boomer AZ

Active Member

Verified Owner
Joined
Mar 9, 2022
Messages
412
Reaction score
565
Location
Prescott, AZ
Cars
AGT, GGT, BMW X5
Referral Code
STWJPDBD
I have a Gravity and the Lucid Home Charger. I plugged in and was charging just fine at 80A. After an hour, the charger started to cycle on an off, the lights briefly turned red and charging stopped. I unplugged for about 30 minutes and plugged back in. Charging initiated, but after 15 minutes it all started over again. I contacted customer service and was asked to submit many photos of the installation, the charger error logs and videos of the charger lights and the Gravity’s dashboard. This was about 2 months ago. A couple of weeks later they sent me an email saying that many users say the charger works OK if limited to 72 Amps. I’ve charged a few times at 72 Amps without the issue reoccurring. I’ve asked customer service for an update on the 80 Amp charging issue, but haven’t heard back. I would think with the videos and error logs I submitted, they would have an idea of what the problem is. I’m not sure if this is a Gravity or a Charger issue. Since their earlier response was to charge at 72 Amps because others report it works, they must have had other reports of this issue. Anyone have insight into this issue?
 
I have a Gravity and the Lucid Home Charger. I plugged in and was charging just fine at 80A. After an hour, the charger started to cycle on an off, the lights briefly turned red and charging stopped. I unplugged for about 30 minutes and plugged back in. Charging initiated, but after 15 minutes it all started over again. I contacted customer service and was asked to submit many photos of the installation, the charger error logs and videos of the charger lights and the Gravity’s dashboard. This was about 2 months ago. A couple of weeks later they sent me an email saying that many users say the charger works OK if limited to 72 Amps. I’ve charged a few times at 72 Amps without the issue reoccurring. I’ve asked customer service for an update on the 80 Amp charging issue, but haven’t heard back. I would think with the videos and error logs I submitted, they would have an idea of what the problem is. I’m not sure if this is a Gravity or a Charger issue. Since their earlier response was to charge at 72 Amps because others report it works, they must have had other reports of this issue. Anyone have insight into this issue?
Charger. What part number is your charger? Should be on the barcode on the side. My new one they just sent me (under warranty) ends in -03. My first one ended in -01, indicating there have been two revisions, at least.
 
CS reports that the Charger Team won’t be back in the office until Jan 5th. Though things seem to be working when charging at 72 A, the charger’s log is filling up with fault and error codes.
 
I heard back from CS. They report that they have identified an issue with the charger that affects charging with some vehicles. The issue will be fixed with a charger firmware update early in 2026. Progress.
 
Mine is a CCS, I think the internal workings are the same for NACS. -03 is the latest model. New firmware will be coming out soon.
 
Hi - sorry to revive an older thread, but I have been having the exact same issue for months. Was the firmware fix ever shipped and did it resolve the issue? Thanks!
 
Hi - sorry to revive an older thread, but I have been having the exact same issue for months. Was the firmware fix ever shipped and did it resolve the issue? Thanks!
Nothing has fixed the charging issues yet. Still throttling down within an hour
 
Back
Top