Gravity 3.3.8 Released

The first post on this thread about 3.3.8 was on October 29, just over a week ago. Prior updates have sometimes rolled out over 2-3 weeks. Maybe this is one of them?

FWIW, the update hasn't been pushed to either of our Gravities yet, including the one that was delivered over four months ago.
Near as I can tell, even people taking delivery over the last couple of days are not getting it. And I don't think we've seen a report of anyone new getting the update this week.
 
An issue was spotted with 3.3.8 and it was halted, they are done in waves for that specific reason. Stay tuned for 3.3.9
 
Does Adaptive Cruise not work even if you adjust the setting so that the button engages Cruise first before Drive Assist?
Just tested today. Now, adaptive cruise is working. Drive assist is still not engaging.
 
Just tested today. Now, adaptive cruise is working. Drive assist is still not engaging.
Right, you can set it for

1. One click for adaptive cruise and a second one for driver assist.
2. One click for driver assist and never be able to activate adaptive cruise.

I have set mine to option #1 above, because in my neighborhood drive assist does not work and there’s no way to maintain proper speed limit otherwise.

Also, the button presses are not registered sometimes – probably software problem. This makes it extremely frustrating to not only enable adaptive cruise, but also driver assist you would think that a double press would go right into the driver assist, but that rarely happens for me.
 
I actually read it all agree you can’t ignore that their worst department, software, is in a different org chart setup than their best departments. I also just like that meme.
kids nowadays with their me me me all the time
 
The SVP of quality was replaced which I think is the most important move. It’s impossible for us to know the behind the scenes aspects behind Gravity development and production, we are not company insiders and even those of us with leadership experience may be dead wrong on our assumptions without having detailed information. BUT in my opinion since Peter Rawlinson and VP of manufacturing Steven David departed, the reliability and predictability of the car has gotten worse. Air Fob worked for me nearly all of the time, if it didn’t, it was because of a dead battery. And there was always pin to drive, and the keycards for me always worked too. Now there’s no phone as a key, incomprehensible fob chaos, keycards don’t work a lot of the time, and no pin to drive. The fact that it’s 11 months since first produced vehicles and there’s no CarPlay or AA means to me that the state of the first production Gravity was so poor that Apple wouldn’t even consider approving CarPlay, let alone Apple Key.

BUT we must be even handed and fair here. The charging on Gravity is what every Air owner was begging for since day 1. Native NACS, super fast and easy reliable charging. And the vehicle build quality, fit and finish is leaps and bounds beyond the first Airs. And we can have independent screens now which people begged for on the Air. And the low levels of NVH is fantastic, the sound system is even better, DDPro has advanced a lot, and now we’ve got a dashcam (yes I know it’s in Beta and erratic), and we’ve got gobs more efficiency data than before and better charger planning, and user interface over all is next level over the Air, and the Air is already good. So all things considered in the balance, the Gravity is AMAZING and the best driving EV SUV you can buy. But this screw up with the fobs/entry and confidence destroying instability of the software combined with some hardware problems like center console and RDU and seats and windows suggests to me that there was some inability to figure things out before the car rolled off the line. Who owns that failure is anyone’s guess.

It’s a tough market man, it is NOT easy at all to make a vehicle in this climate, and I very much respect Lucid and love their service people and innovations and the car itself. BUT there needs to be some improvements and it needs to happen fast, so I’m reassured they are taking action, I just hope it yields results.
Agree wholeheartedly with the middle paragraph. Once in the car and motoring down the highway, the car is unbeatable in terms of dynamics, ride, comfort, etc. But that’s the rub, isn’t it?

Friends have asked to check out the car and for me to take them for a drive so they can experience the car I’ve been raving about. Nearly every time I do that, I’m either locked out due to fob issues, standing there like a fool in front of chuckling friends, or, if I do manage to unlock the car in those instances, I’m forced to wait for blank screens to resolve before I can drive away. On one instance, there were five of us, and one wanted to ride in the third row to experience the legroom back there. Alas, my malfunctioning middle row seat mechanism doesn’t allow the seat to move far enough forward for anyone to enter or exit the third row at all. The person had to take my word for it and join the other two folks sitting in the middle row (somewhat tight but comfortable enough). Once I do get moving and start talking about all the other amazing features, I find I’ve lost my passengers’ enthusiasm, as they’re now fixated on why (and how) such fundamental things as key access and screens and seats can be so unpredictable or downright broken on an otherwise great car. That’s their takeaway.

Super frustrating. I want to be an advocate, but many attempts to do so have resulted in the opposite effect. My demos are repellent, so I’m now avoiding them until more software issues (and my middle row seat issues) have been addressed 🥴
 
@
Super frustrating. I want to be an advocate, but many attempts to do so have resulted in the opposite effect. My demos are repellent, so I’m now avoiding them until more software issues (and my middle row seat issues) have been addressed
Curious are you on 3.3.5 ?

I agree with you... I would not do demos at the moment. The Gravity is great while driving - and even though 3.3.5 has been consistent for me - perhaps it is not the same for everyone yet.

FWIW - Fob is working fairly well but my NFC module has been replaced twice, and still doesn't recognize the cards.

There are also other issues in general - but not being able to consistently get in the car and be ready to drive is a killer.
 
@

Curious are you on 3.3.5 ?

I agree with you... I would not do demos at the moment. The Gravity is great while driving - and even though 3.3.5 has been consistent for me - perhaps it is not the same for everyone yet.

FWIW - Fob is working fairly well but my NFC module has been replaced twice, and still doesn't recognize the cards.

There are also other issues in general - but not being able to consistently get in the car and be ready to drive is a killer.
I’ve actually not had issues when demoing for folks. My issues have happened when I have actually been transporting people, but that was all pre-3.3.5.

Didn’t get 3.3.8. Now it seems like that won’t be rolled out and folks will get whatever the next version is at some point.
 
@

Curious are you on 3.3.5 ?

I agree with you... I would not do demos at the moment. The Gravity is great while driving - and even though 3.3.5 has been consistent for me - perhaps it is not the same for everyone yet.

FWIW - Fob is working fairly well but my NFC module has been replaced twice, and still doesn't recognize the cards.

There are also other issues in general - but not being able to consistently get in the car and be ready to drive is a killer.
Yes. This is the behavior despite being on 3.3.5 and having updated both fobs.
 
I was told yesterday they're trying to have a new version released later this week, hopefully before Friday as long as it passes it's internal validations. (but no promises because of that)
 
I just posted the video and the full rant here: as well as here and here
.

To avoid duplicating the text, just please read it there and upvote for visibility because we know Lucid reads that subreddit and will pay attention.

It's exactly as @Ron_Burgundy said. And I explain about the fob battery and the key card.
“Mind you, there is still no mobile key for the Gravity, so you can only open it with a fob or a card.” on the X post is inaccurate. You can open the doors from your phone app but can’t start it from the app.
 
“Mind you, there is still no mobile key for the Gravity, so you can only open it with a fob or a card.” on the X post is inaccurate. You can open the doors from your phone app but can’t start it from the app.
Yeah, for those with connectivity— great. Can’t open / unlock the car using the app if the app constantly shows the vehicle as “offline”, which has (inexplicably) been my situation for nearly a month. So while that technically would have worked for @archon810 , it wouldn’t work for me or others currently living with the protracted “vehicle offline” app connectivity issue. Sigh.
 
Yeah, for those with connectivity— great. Can’t open / unlock the car using the app if the app constantly shows the vehicle as “offline”, which has (inexplicably) been my situation for nearly a month. So while that technically would have worked for @archon810 , it wouldn’t work for me or others currently living with the protracted “vehicle offline” app connectivity issue. Sigh.
Well, it would have worked for me to get into the car but not to drive it which would defeat the whole purpose of getting into it.
 
I did some experimenting this weekend with the car, the wife, and a key fob and battery. Here are the results:
1. My profile, 'adaptive cruise' works just fine. 'Driver Assist' does not
2. Wife's profile, 'adaptive cruise' works just fine. 'Driver Assist' does not - result: not a corrupt profile.
3. Ran the key fob battery to the point it was not chirping (weeks ago!) but range and lock and unlock as working 75-90% of time. Changed out the battery today (was not detecting key as it was sleepy most of the time). Works awesome and fob is alert and working great! I am tracking with notes on my phone.
 
I did some experimenting this weekend with the car, the wife, and a key fob and battery. Here are the results:
1. My profile, 'adaptive cruise' works just fine. 'Driver Assist' does not
2. Wife's profile, 'adaptive cruise' works just fine. 'Driver Assist' does not - result: not a corrupt profile.
3. Ran the key fob battery to the point it was not chirping (weeks ago!) but range and lock and unlock as working 75-90% of time. Changed out the battery today (was not detecting key as it was sleepy most of the time). Works awesome and fob is alert and working great! I am tracking with notes on my phone.
Before you changed out battery did you try just taking it out and putting it back in for the fob reset? Behavior sounds a lot like what we’ve seen in the past.
 
Before you changed out battery did you try just taking it out and putting it back in for the fob reset? Behavior sounds a lot like what we’ve seen in the past.
This was one battery that was 'dead' while traveling to California on the road. I saved the battery. Once I got back fro mtwo weeks of vacation (driving to a from UT to CA 2 round trips), I changed out the replaced battery with the old original battery that came with the vehicle. I have been running that battery for the better part of 2 weeks (close to 3 weeks). The battery was finally on its last legs as it barely worked. The good is the fob behavior will tell you when the battery is getting low (chirping). Looks like you have about 2 weeks to change it out before it gets critical. This is with my un-scientific testing. I did replace the battery with a fresh Duracell to now start duration testing. I still have the other battery I have waiting in the wings that was only ran maybe a week at the most.
 
Well, not the whole purpose. Sanctuary Mode is pretty awesome…☮️
Speaking of Sanctuary, what modes do you have for that? I have 3, but the videos online show other modes. I have the space one, the meditation forest looking one and the singing bowls one. And then the ocean waves one that’s just video/sound without voiceover.
 
Speaking of Sanctuary, what modes do you have for that? I have 3, but the videos online show other modes. I have the space one, the meditation forest looking one and the singing bowls one. And then the ocean waves one that’s just video/sound without voiceover.
I have the same Santuary scenes.
 
Back
Top