Grand Touring Production

mnewber1

Cars
Air Touring
DE Number
Kinda dead tonight, thought I'd start a discussion about Grand Touring production. We know VINs have recently started being assigned. However, how long have they been producing Grand Tourings? My guess: at least since late Q3 2021.

Here's a quote from another posting with an interesting phrasing:

...he also said that today was the first day they could tell people that the GT had started being produced.

Another piece that makes me think they've been producing since Q3 is "imagery" from their Q3 earnings call. On page 18 of their presentation (here) they show a few white cars in the finish line area with 21" wheels and a silver Grand Touring with 21" wheels that are both Aero Lite exclusive to Grand Tourings. Unless they used these wheels for Dream Editions, it looks like they've been producing test drive cars for a while.

Screen Shot 2022-02-10 at 8.21.05 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-02-10 at 8.21.21 PM.png

Other images of cars with 21" Aero Lite wheels: 12, 13, 16, 17

It's unlikely these are customer cars but makes me wonder why they're producing Grand Tourings in Q3 when they have a target goal of 577 by end of year.

.. unless I'm ignorant and they used the 21" Aero Lite wheels back in 2021 on Dream Editions?

Those pics are definitely GTs because the interior is not the Santa Monica Interior either. My guess is the GTs produced are for execs or the PIF.

Kinda dead tonight, thought I'd start a discussion about Grand Touring production. We know VINs have recently started being assigned. However, how long have they been producing Grand Tourings? My guess: at least since late Q3 2021.

Another piece that makes me think they've been producing since Q3 is "imagery" from their Q3 earnings call. On page 18 of their presentation (here) they show a few white cars in the finish line area with 21" wheels and a silver Grand Touring with 21" wheels that are both Aero Lite exclusive to Grand Tourings. Unless they used these wheels for Dream Editions, it looks like they've been producing test drive cars for a while.

View attachment 784View attachment 785

It's unlikely these are customer cars but makes me wonder why they're producing Grand Tourings in Q3 when they have a target goal of 577 by end of year.

.. unless I'm ignorant and they used the 21" Aero Lite wheels back in 2021 on Dream Editions?
I reserved a silver one even though I haven't seen one. Looks pretty nice in this photo.

View attachment 784View attachment 785

I cannot tell for sure but the photo almost looks like the small battery pack. Touring with upgraded wheels?

I‘m confident they’ve been producing pre-production AGTs for some time for testing, studio demo cars, press, etc. I have seen a number of non-DE cars since mid-2021 on the peninsula as they seem to use a testing route on the 280, 1 and 92, taking them through my neck of the woods frequently.

Back