Grabbing handle just as car going to sleep

GMan

Verified Owner
Cars
Air Touring
Referral Code
60T8OVVK
The other day, I was just about to grab the handle to enter my Lucid when the car went to sleep and the handles shut for locking. After snapping my hand back to ensure I didn't lose any fingers :)-)) I wondered if anyone else experienced this but instead didn't get their hand out in time?

What would (has?) happen if your fingers were in there? Is there a tension monitor that would cancel the auto-lock thus allowing you to keep your fingers? Or, would it just pinch your fingers and stop closing?

The other day, I was just about to grab the handle to enter my Lucid when the car went to sleep and the handles shut for locking. After snapping my hand back to ensure I didn't lose any fingers :)-)) I wondered if anyone else experienced this but instead didn't get their hand out in time?

What would (has?) happen if your fingers were in there? Is there a tension monitor that would cancel the auto-lock thus allowing you to keep your fingers? Or, would it just pinch your fingers and stop closing?
I’m not about to do the research to find out, but my guess is there’s some sort of tension monitor.

I guess one way to figure it out would be to take a plastic stick or something and put that in there instead of your hand. (Not that I’m recommending this to anyone.)

A hot dog inside a plastic bag would simulate a finger and not damage the handle.
Okay. Now I really want to see a video of someone trying this. Unfortunately, I haven’t had a hotdog for many decades, so someone else is going to have to do it.

I've had my fingers caught in the handles, ain't no thang.

Customer Care was just at my place and I asked this question, the tech demonstrated that no fingers will be lost if this happens :). The handles simply reverted back to unlocked state without any pain. Good job Lucid !

Back