Off-Topic GMC Hummer EV

Attachments

• Hummer3.jpeg
    Hummer3.jpeg
    479.4 KB · Views: 51
I am picking up my Hummer SUV tomorrow in Dallas then driving back to Houston. Not excited about having to charge on the way back but that's life.
The trip from Dallas to Houston was not bad other than the 1.4 miles/KWh! Charged once at an EA station in the Madisonville Walmart.

SuperCruise is nice! Handsfree and it automatically changed lanes to go around slower traffic.

It's real!
Congrats! I’ll be out of town for a week. I want to come check out the UI/UX and interior. I never seen one close up. It’s a mysterious beast. ❤️

Congrats! I’ll be out of town for a week. I want to come check out the UI/UX and interior. I never seen one close up. It’s a mysterious beast. ❤️
Anytime. The graphics are great! Same platform that GM uses in all of its vehicles. Lots of user customization is available and everything works very well. I like the software better than Mercedes but Mercedes does have a few more features. Spending the day with the Hummer software really made the Lucid UI seem very dated and slow. I hope that they can catch up next year!

Anytime. The graphics are great! Same platform that GM uses in all of its vehicles. Lots of user customization is available and everything works very well. I like the software better than Mercedes but Mercedes does have a few more features. Spending the day with the Hummer software really made the Lucid UI seem very dated and slow. I hope that they can catch up next year!
That is Awesome to hear ... my wife will be happy to know that the software is not going to be terrible. (The Lucid experience was tough, but the Fisker Ocean One has been very difficult for her .. like the early days of the Lucid UI .. she was getting worried about her Hummer SUV)

How many miles was your trip? I assume you started w/ 100% charge? At what % did you charge (and to what %)? .. Thx

Sorry for the thousand questions, but we have regular trips that we take that are ~4hrs long ...and our EV 2X has a range less than your Edition 1 ..

That is Awesome to hear ... my wife will be happy to know that the software is not going to be terrible. (The Lucid experience was tough, but the Fisker Ocean One has been very difficult for her .. like the early days of the Lucid UI .. she was getting worried about her Hummer SUV)

How many miles was your trip? I assume you started w/ 100% charge? At what % did you charge (and to what %)? .. Thx

Sorry for the thousand questions, but we have regular trips that we take that are ~4hrs long ...and our EV 2X has a range less than your Edition 1 ..

I was in LA last month, accidentally bumped into Fisker lounge at The Grove. The UI of the car is underwhelming. The plus side of it is the screen is versatile can go portrait to landscape.

540C08DA-204B-468F-810A-30C5DBEE2C55.jpeg
3C9135AB-3A13-46C1-96EE-96DEF58AAD85.jpeg
C54D170E-602E-4B4B-987B-BF45F561EDA2.jpeg

I was in LA last month, accidentally bumped into Fisker lounge at The Grove. The UI of the car is underwhelming. The plus side of it is the screen is versatile can go portrait to landscape.
The screen rotation is cool, but it has to be in portrait mode while driving.

We got ours on Thanksgiving, (though it's been getting PPF put on for the past 4 days or so). There are the first-time manufacturer jitters (12V battery discharging, FOB key battery draining, etc.), but the slow-response of the UI along w/ missing functionality (ADAS features not yet enabled, Auto Hi-Beams not yet available, only 1 profile available, no homelink, etc.) and less-than-expected range is making my wife nervous about her upcoming Hummer delivery .. 🤞

The trip was 262 miles + a few miles to get to Walmart to charge. I did start with 100% but only re-charged to 80% because the charge time to get to 100% was way too long at the EA station. The Hummer is not efficient at all so you will have to charge more than with the Lucid. It is very comfortable on the road and handles well but for me, not in the same league as the Navigator as far as comfort.

The trip was 262 miles + a few miles to get to Walmart to charge. I did start with 100% but only re-charged to 80% because the charge time to get to 100% was way too long at the EA station. The Hummer is not efficient at all so you will have to charge more than with the Lucid. It is very comfortable on the road and handles well but for me, not in the same league as the Navigator as far as comfort.
So .. almost 2 weeks .. how do you like it so far?

My wife is rethinking our EV 2X ... she thinks it's too big (=too wide) and will not be easy to park in the shopping centers/malls/etc. that she goes to every day. Have you had any issues w/ the size do the car? ... w/ parking?

So .. almost 2 weeks .. how do you like it so far?

My wife is rethinking our EV 2X ... she thinks it's too big (=too wide) and will not be easy to park in the shopping centers/malls/etc. that she goes to every day. Have you had any issues w/ the size do the car? ... w/ parking?
From another post:

The jury is still out.

The Good:
Tech is great. I really like Super Cruise.
Android Auto works very well although GM is abandoning it and CarPlay.
It's fast for such a big vehicle and handles well.

The Bad:
Terribly inefficient, 1.4-1.6mi/kWh, but that was expected.
Tall step up to get in and out.
Very high belt-line, like the Lucid, so hard to see cars in your blind spots.
Very wide, so hard to get into the garage.
It's not a luxury vehicle at all nor is it intended to be.

Bottom line, I want an EV Navigator or maybe the EV Escalade.

From another post:

The jury is still out.

The Good:
Tech is great. I really like Super Cruise.
Android Auto works very well although GM is abandoning it and CarPlay.
It's fast for such a big vehicle and handles well.

The Bad:
Terribly inefficient, 1.4-1.6mi/kWh, but that was expected.
Tall step up to get in and out.
Very high belt-line, like the Lucid, so hard to see cars in your blind spots.
Very wide, so hard to get into the garage.
It's not a luxury vehicle at all nor is it intended to be.

Bottom line, I want an EV Navigator or maybe the EV Escalade.
I saw a hummer ev truck edition one on the streets today. Goddamn, its a BEAUTY. The excess of the design is tasetfully integrated! If I had to pick an EV truck, its either this or the CT!

I saw a hummer ev truck edition one on the streets today. Goddamn, its a BEAUTY. The excess of the design is tasetfully integrated! If I had to pick an EV truck, its either this or the CT!

I think Hummer EV truck look good with its traditional trademark elements. CT is really just a bit too plain trying hard to be future modernism.

The wild card for me is the Lotus Electre. It's now slated for late 2024. It looks really nice, IMHO, and has lots of great features BUT the price, un-officially, seems to be creeping up to the $170-180 range for a fully loaded "R" model.

I am number one on the list of the Houston Lotus dealer and they "think" that they will be a "drive" event in late Q1 of 2024 so I will wait and see what it's like in person.
Well, I got to drive an Electre R today. It's a little small for my tastes but really nice! Fit and finish is great. "R" model is very fast, but expensive.

Deliveries will start in "fall of 2024" as a 2025 model year.

Software is good and HUD is nice.

Well, I got to drive an Electre R today. It's a little small for my tastes but really nice! Fit and finish is great. "R" model is very fast, but expensive.

Deliveries will start in "fall of 2024" as a 2025 model year.

Software is good and HUD is nice.

It’s already in Houston Lotus dealership?

What happened? Also, the Navigator EV got delayed… 😢
The Hummer is great if you are a Jeep fan. I am not. I want leather and luxury. The Hummer drives well and has great tech, just not for me.

Back