Glass roof misalinged? Anyones roof not flushed on top

uscnamja781

Verified Owner
Cars
Air Touring
I was washing my car and I noticed on passenger side of glass roof its sticking out 1 cm not flushed vs driver side its aligned and flushed to the other glass top. Anyone else have this issue? I asked the service center and he said "As far as the windshield glass sitting a bit higher than the roof glass. This is normal and intentionally done for the aerodynamic.

IMG_6423.jpg
IMG_6430.jpg

Mine is slightly off as well with the front glass being higher. No leaks no problems.

I have the same on the passenger side. Not really buying the aerodynamics explanation but do understand that getting a large, curved glass to be perfectly aligned can be a challenge.

I also have a dimple on the rear glass roof that is only noticeable when looking at it from the rear view mirror. Lucid offered to replace it, with the caveat that a replaced roof will never be the same as the original factory install. I decided not to mess with it.

Mine is slightly off as well with the front glass being higher. No leaks no problems.
Did you end up asking service about it? Looks like they not gonna address it. Slightly off I guess won’t be long term issues

I have the same on the passenger side. Not really buying the aerodynamics explanation but do understand that getting a large, curved glass to be perfectly aligned can be a challenge.

I also have a dimple on the rear glass roof that is only noticeable when looking at it from the rear view mirror. Lucid offered to replace it, with the caveat that a replaced roof will never be the same as the original factory install. I decided not to mess with it.
I guess I’ll just let mine be as well. It’s pretty noticeable if looking at the roof though 🙁

Did you end up asking service about it? Looks like they not gonna address it. Slightly off I guess won’t be long term issues
Nope! My car ain't perfect, but neither am I. ;)

Back