I ordered my GGT without the Technology Package because I wanted to get it sooner.
May 28 - Ordered.
Aug 23 - After a Demo Drive at Newport Beach. They found one with the Technology Package that is "lined up" for production with a projected delivery in 4 to 8 weeks so they
amended my order to include technology and towing package.
Sep 12 - SA emails that it's not in production but was assigned a production number. Now expected in 8 to 11 weeks.
Oct 3 - A pleasant surprise. My car is now in Costa Mesa undergoing final inspection. They can deliver it in a couple days. I'm in Henderson NV.
Oct 13 - Delivery scheduled by me although according to SA, they can deliver as early as Oct 8.
In the meantime, I was finalizing my financing and deciding which car to sell, Lucid Air GT or Tesla Y. Decided to sell the Tesla.
Oct 11 - While signing paperwork to transfer Tesla, SA texts me that delivery on the 13th is a NO GO due to more inspections to be performed. Delivery now is MAYBE on the 17th.
I need a 2nd vehicle but I just signed over the Tesla. I feel that Lucid should pay for a rental car or Uber and I asked my SA about this. He said he'll find out and call me back.
It's now the 13th, no call back yet from SA.
The whole time I was waiting for the car, I decided that there's no point in stressing out about production and delivery because it really is out of my control. I'll let it play out.
It worked, until delivery time.....
May 28 - Ordered.
Aug 23 - After a Demo Drive at Newport Beach. They found one with the Technology Package that is "lined up" for production with a projected delivery in 4 to 8 weeks so they
amended my order to include technology and towing package.
Sep 12 - SA emails that it's not in production but was assigned a production number. Now expected in 8 to 11 weeks.
Oct 3 - A pleasant surprise. My car is now in Costa Mesa undergoing final inspection. They can deliver it in a couple days. I'm in Henderson NV.
Oct 13 - Delivery scheduled by me although according to SA, they can deliver as early as Oct 8.
In the meantime, I was finalizing my financing and deciding which car to sell, Lucid Air GT or Tesla Y. Decided to sell the Tesla.
Oct 11 - While signing paperwork to transfer Tesla, SA texts me that delivery on the 13th is a NO GO due to more inspections to be performed. Delivery now is MAYBE on the 17th.
I need a 2nd vehicle but I just signed over the Tesla. I feel that Lucid should pay for a rental car or Uber and I asked my SA about this. He said he'll find out and call me back.
It's now the 13th, no call back yet from SA.
The whole time I was waiting for the car, I decided that there's no point in stressing out about production and delivery because it really is out of my control. I'll let it play out.
It worked, until delivery time.....