Getting good numbers

I'm probably not the right person to comment on "efficiency" since I don't really think about it when I'm driving. My Trip A and B efficiency has always been right around 3.1 and I haven't seen any difference with the latest update. That said I haven't driven all that far since updating.

I definitely noticed a significant improvement in HA/ACC where it uses regen more than traditional braking more and is way more smooth and less jerky now.

I have a mid-2022 build GT, on 19 inch wheels. Last week, I drove my car to work and back again, keeping my speed at an indicated 70 mph in both directions. My total driving distance roundtrip is just a little under 280 miles. My efficiency for that round trip was 3.5 miles per kWh.

This early morning, again driving to work, I drove faster, setting my cruise control at 80 mph. I fully expected my efficiency to drop to the low 3s, which is what my car would have done before. Instead, I finished my 140 mile drive to work with an efficiency of 3.4 miles per kWh!

The weather outside was very mild, maybe in the low 60s, light winds, some fog on some stretches, but otherwise a very pleasant and uneventful early morning drive from San Diego to LAX.

Could it be that 2.4.3 brought some improvements in efficiency that Lucid just didn’t bother to tell us about? And why wouldn’t they be crowing about if they did?

I’ll be curious to see if I hold on to the same 3.4 miles per kWh efficiency at 80 mph, on the drive home in a few days.

Could it be that 2.4.3 brought some improvements in efficiency that Lucid just didn’t bother to tell us about? And why wouldn’t they be crowing about if they did?

I’ll be curious to see if I hold on to the same 3.4 miles per kWh efficiency at 80 mph, on the drive home in a few days.
That’s the question I was going to ask. If these improvements are real, and some posts indicate perceived improvements that are more than minor, why wouldn’t Lucid be touting this?

In my case I’ve seen some improvement in efficiency since 2.4.4, but for the sake of objectivity the weather has been ideal and I haven’t even had the HVAC on for some trips. So I’m withholding judgement at this point. Temperature is so important in the overall efficiency equation.

Long trip this weekend and our one way efficiency averaged 4.2mi/kWhr. We were running AC with seat cooling and had the massage seats running for one session for each seat. Lights and wipers were on for around 20 minutes of rain in the last stretch. Total mileage was around 260 miles with quite a bit of hilly ups and downs and a couple of stop and go patches. Probably running at 70-75 mph most of the drive. Outside temps around 80F.

We’ll see if the return trip is any different. I always get better mileage (1-2MPG) in the ICE SUV on the return for this trip but I’ve never figured out why. Weather, time of day, etc. should be comparable except no rain expected.

Return trip was 4.8 mi/kWhr. It was around 5.2 about a third of the way then dropped off as the traffic backed up. Very similar overall conditions to the first trip, but a little cooler (5deg). Sorry about the smudgy screen 🤣

Attachments

• IMG_0518.webp
    IMG_0518.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 65
  • IMG_0517.webp
    IMG_0517.webp
    1.2 MB · Views: 66
Return trip was 4.8 mi/kWhr. It was around 5.2 about a third of the way then dropped off as the traffic backed up. Very similar overall conditions to the first trip, but a little cooler (5deg). Sorry about the smudgy screen 🤣
What was your speed?

What was your speed?
Trip to PA was averaging 70 with adaptive cruise on most of it. Return was about the same except the last 75 miles which was ridiculous stop and go traffic. Destination is about 400 ft above sea level and home is almost sea level. So there is a definite downhill return, but lots of ups and downs along the route both ways.

Do you guys think the improved efficiency is coming from better ACC/HA or something else?
I dunno, I feel like 2.4.10 has reduced my efficiency. HA with the 3 lanes and displays is using more GPU/CPU processing cycles and energy I feel.

I dunno, I feel like 2.4.10 has reduced my efficiency. HA with the 3 lanes and displays is using more GPU/CPU processing cycles and energy I feel.
Same - I don’t see good numbers anymore - back to normal. I wonder if there was some kind of calculation issues in how efficiency numbers showed up in 2.4.4? Frankly, I don’t know. I just know that I am not seeing similar numbers anymore. Weather and conditions are similar - same speed and same roads and tire pressure is all same. Not sure what changed.

We might take the same route to DC tomorrow, I’ll see what the numbers are like with 2.4.10….

Here you go.. this is based on 2.4.10 code similar route as my original posting. Trip A is when we first got on the highway, but for about 10 miles or so was driving it VERY spirited. Trip B is after I got it out of my system and kept cruise at 74. AC was set at 70 blower 3. Outdoor temp started at 73 and moved quickly to 83.

Attachments

• IMG_4382.webp
    IMG_4382.webp
    361.2 KB · Views: 32
Wow - some amazing numbers especially the >4.8.

I have a 2022 GT. With 21 inch wheels was getting 3.4 average as low as 3.1. Put on 19" wheels - jumped to 3.9 avg. as high as 4.1.

My foot might be heavy. Would love to hear tricks to get more!

Here you go.. this is based on 2.4.10 code similar route as my original posting. Trip A is when we first got on the highway, but for about 10 miles or so was driving it VERY spirited. Trip B is after I got it out of my system and kept cruise at 74. AC was set at 70 blower 3. Outdoor temp started at 73 and moved quickly to 83.
Very solid numbers!

I would love to see such numbers on my 2024 Pure!

Wow - some amazing numbers especially the >4.8.

I have a 2022 GT. With 21 inch wheels was getting 3.4 average as low as 3.1. Put on 19" wheels - jumped to 3.9 avg. as high as 4.1.

My foot might be heavy. Would love to hear tricks to get more!
When my foot gets heavy, I'm between 3.5 - 3.9, which are still respectable numbers IMO. My IX the highest I have been able to get is 3.1 and that is downhill no AC... the way I drive normally I am getting 2.6. If you put Lucid on cruise at 74 mph you should get my results with 19s. I think the point of this exercise is to understand the limits of what your vehicle can do, that way when you are in a jam and need to extend the range from your normal driving habits you can.

I only have 5k on my Pure but my average is 4.2. Probably 60/40 highway to local, but in NY Metro it is hard to go over 70, and getting to go that fast is rare. I expect the numbers to drop once I start to use the heater.

Back