frustration

It’s a shame that lock/unlock still seems to be an issue to some. When I first got my GT back in March (software version 1.2.something I think), I also had intermittent problems with that but somewhere along the way those problems completely disappeared. For me and my needs, the car works nearly flawlessly now. Still excited to see what happens with every update!
Same. I’m super curious as to why that isn’t the case for those that still have issues.

I disagree that the UX feels Luxury. It’s not very good and if the UX from a 2023 Honda Civic replaced it I wouldn’t be waiting for the car to unlock or having second thoughts about my sapphire order. One year in and the car still doesn’t unlock consistently, no car play, Nav locks up about 25% of the time I use it, and at least once a week the Bluetooth stops working. The basic design of “throwing” upper panel to pilot panel is a terrible idea for something you use while driving. The park distance screen still looks like it was an after thought, and the settings screen is mostly text based. There is a reason both BMW and Mercedes newest interfaces emulate Android or iOS in appearance. We are 15 years into touch screen interface being widely available on consumer products Lucid has not created something better, it’s different to be different and it sucks.
I agree with you.
Far away from luxury. But in software department only.

The BT Technology works fine with my Tesla Model S so the technology does work. With the AGT I never walk up to the car and the doors present. I am always waiting 30 seconds or so for the vehicle to wake up and present the handles while I tap on the handles.

I disagree that the UX feels Luxury. It’s not very good and if the UX from a 2023 Honda Civic replaced it I wouldn’t be waiting for the car to unlock or having second thoughts about my sapphire order. One year in and the car still doesn’t unlock consistently, no car play, Nav locks up about 25% of the time I use it, and at least once a week the Bluetooth stops working. The basic design of “throwing” upper panel to pilot panel is a terrible idea for something you use while driving. The park distance screen still looks like it was an after thought, and the settings screen is mostly text based. There is a reason both BMW and Mercedes newest interfaces emulate Android or iOS in appearance. We are 15 years into touch screen interface being widely available on consumer products Lucid has not created something better, it’s different to be different and it sucks.
I don't mind the UX overall. There are certainly things that could be improved but overall I think it compares well to other cars i've been in (post 2.0 update) I agree the flicking up and down needs to go to make room for running one app on one screen and another app on the other. The Apps could have 2 different versions so when you tap music for example you get the slimmed down version on the top screen, flick it down and have the expanded. Tap on Nav and then you see the slimmed down version of Nav whilst the expanded music still stays on the bottom screen. You could then flick down and the music then goes to the top and nav goes to the bottom. It's a good way for owners to have the option to use the expanded version or the slimmed down version with the ability to run 2 apps at once. I think that's the critical piece for me, not having the ability to run multiple apps on different screen.

For me, I don't like CarPlay so I don't want the UX to look like an iPhone or Android which is probably one of the reasons I don't mind the UX. I think Lucid has a lot of potential to tweak the UX more and make it work really well the the screen space the car has.

I can appreciate the OP's frustration, but owning the AGT is a joy and worth whatever glitches in SW there may be. I have had my AGT for two months and 3400 miles. The SW is far from perfect and I endure many of the annoyances mentioned in this post and others because the car is a marvel to drive. It is unique in technology and design. I trust that Lucid will get the navigation, audio, and other glitches/delayed responses right and in the meantime find the dynamic capability, the unique exterior, and the interior design engaging. No, the wiper sweep interval is not perfect, but that was true on my Audis and Porsches in the past five years and MBs and BMWs before that. I just discovered the ice-clearing function of the windshield wipers, which in 25-degree weather with a light coating of snow on the windshield worked well. Yesterday it occurred to me that my CS AGT has some art deco design aspects that separate it from the derivative styles of any of its competitors. No regrets at all.

I don't mind the UX overall. There are certainly things that could be improved but overall I think it compares well to other cars i've been in (post 2.0 update) I agree the flicking up and down needs to go to make room for running one app on one screen and another app on the other. The Apps could have 2 different versions so when you tap music for example you get the slimmed down version on the top screen, flick it down and have the expanded. Tap on Nav and then you see the slimmed down version of Nav whilst the expanded music still stays on the bottom screen. You could then flick down and the music then goes to the top and nav goes to the bottom. It's a good way for owners to have the option to use the expanded version or the slimmed down version with the ability to run 2 apps at once. I think that's the critical piece for me, not having the ability to run multiple apps on different screen.

For me, I don't like CarPlay so I don't want the UX to look like an iPhone or Android which is probably one of the reasons I don't mind the UX. I think Lucid has a lot of potential to tweak the UX more and make it work really well the the screen space the car has.
Derek Jenkins in a recent YouTube video basically said they are working on exactly this. Or some version that allows multitasking between the two screens, at least. What they actually envision and the mechanics and such, I don't know. But it's in the works.

Derek Jenkins in a recent YouTube video basically said they are working on exactly this. Or some version that allows multitasking between the two screens, at least. What they actually envision and the mechanics and such, I don't know. But it's in the works.
Nice..... Bring on 3.0!!! :)

It’s a shame that lock/unlock still seems to be an issue to some. When I first got my GT back in March (software version 1.2.something I think), I also had intermittent problems with that but somewhere along the way those problems completely disappeared. For me and my needs, the car works nearly flawlessly now. Still excited to see what happens with every update!
One thing that I cannot understand, why different Lucids react differently to the same software. I have always believed that software functions were fairly consistent within the same hardware configurations. Maybe there are many different modules/switches/interfaces on each of our vehicles?????

One thing that I cannot understand, why different Lucids react differently to the same software. I have always believed that software functions were fairly consistent within the same hardware configurations. Maybe there are many different modules/switches/interfaces on each of our vehicles?????
They’ve said before that there are variations in the hardware; due to supply chain issues during the pandemic, they had to source from multiple manufacturers, which means minor variance between vehicles. Sometimes that minor variance can make all the difference.

They aren’t necessarily the same hardware configurations. Supply chain issues often means sourcing components from different vendors. So chips from two different manufacturers might both satisfy minimum requirements, but it doesn’t mean they are equal.

When I was a kid the term FOB meant “freight on board” and stood for the price of an item delivered to a specific destination. Today the term FOB stands for “first on block” and usually represents a substantial mark up over and above the MSRP on a new car purchase.

Best of luck to anyone purchasing a new car that is currently hot in the market from a traditional auto dealer,

They aren’t necessarily the same hardware configurations. Supply chain issues often means sourcing components from different vendors. So chips from two different manufacturers might both satisfy minimum requirements, but it doesn’t mean they are equal.

@joec & @borski
I agree with you but, if that is the case, I would contend that OTA changes would become very difficult in correcting any specific problem at the same time. I do not believe Lucid software could handle that much deviation in different components. I mean a deviation so pronounced that your car might open with mobile key but not mine, etc. I am getting more confident each day with my GT. It usually makes me wait to unlock unless my spouse with her iPhone comes out. My android phone does not unlock it, but her iPhone does. Not a problem but funny...of course, she drives a Tesla which is kinda hard to stomach when she gives me that wry smile!!!!

@joec & @borski
I agree with you but, if that is the case, I would contend that OTA changes would become very difficult in correcting any specific problem at the same time. I do not believe Lucid software could handle that much deviation in different components. I mean a deviation so pronounced that your car might open with mobile key but not mine, etc. I am getting more confident each day with my GT. It usually makes me wait to unlock unless my spouse with her iPhone comes out. My android phone does not unlock it, but her iPhone does. Not a problem but funny...of course, she drives a Tesla which is kinda hard to stomach when she gives me that wry smile!!!!
You’re right, it does make it difficult; but it was a necessary evil during the pandemic in order to ship. That’s why I can’t help but laugh when anyone shows up and goes “how hard can it be to write software that does $foo?!”

Has anyone tracked the Lucid door opening issues by type of phone being used? I ask because I have a 2022 Model S that almost never presents the door handles unless I manually press on them or wake up my phone app first and at least once a week I have to toggle Bluetooth before the car will recognize me and not ask for a valet key. I have an Android phone and I notice that the Tesla access problems ebb and flow depending on the Android updates.

Back