Frunk Opening Interior vs. App

EnBee

New Member

Verified Owner
Joined
Jan 26, 2026
Messages
9
Reaction score
10
Cars
2026 Air Touring
One weird thing I've noticed in my 2026 Air Touring is that for the first month or so, usually if the car was parked on an angle, facing down, the frunk would not fully open using the buttons from the inside and I would have to press the lid down from the outside to re-latch it. Strangely enough, using the app to open the frunk in the same situation would open it 100% of the time.

I wonder if there are there different cycle times for the latches if they are actuated via the interior buttons versus the app? The tolerances might be so close that body flex may be enough to make the latches drag a bit under certain circumstances.
 
Christopher told me to always use the fob to open the frunk and avoid using the internal dash release. I have had problems using the internal release as you described but the fob works better most of the time.
 
Fascinating. I've never seen this.
 
Christopher told me to always use the fob to open the frunk and avoid using the internal dash release. I have had problems using the internal release as you described but the fob works better most of the time.
This doesn’t make sense. Both are electronic triggers to the same electromechanical mechanism.
 
This doesn’t make sense. Both are electronic triggers to the same electromechanical mechanism.
I know, right? It should be exactly the same result. That's why I wonder if the signals are somehow different in terms of duty cycle, and maybe using the app (or, apparently, the fob) will cause the latches to stay open for longer compared to the in-car "button". This might compensate for any minor drag resulting from misalignment.
 
Back
Top