Frunk bifold layer cover storage solution

Tesla2.0

Referral Code - F0ZQ8SWA
Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Grand Touring
Referral Code
F0ZQ8SWA
Since Lucid didn’t provide magnets to secure bifold like Rivian OEM does, I went and did my own using a little Velcro strip. You can use black Velcro to camouflage the application.

Attachments

• IMG_8433.MOV
    18.2 MB
Oh, that’s nice. I may have to try that.

Love it! How did you attach the velcro to the carpeted surfaces? Just the adhesive backing?

Adhesive back. Amazon has plenty of variations.

VELCRO Brand Heavy Duty Fasteners | 4x2 Inch Strips with Adhesive 8 Sets | Holds 10 lbs | Black Industrial Strength Stick On Tape | Indoor or Outdoor Use (VEL-30703-USA) https://a.co/d/bRtofXR

My only worry would be the Velcro texture scratching whatever I put on the top section of the frunk a bit, or the Velcro eventually wearing out. I wonder if I could actually attach a magnet somehow to all four areas.

My only worry would be the Velcro texture scratching whatever I put on the top section of the frunk a bit, or the Velcro eventually wearing out. I wonder if I could actually attach a magnet somehow to all four areas.

It’s double side velcro, they tie to each other. The both end has adhesive to the car.

I think if you can find magnets, it will be awesome implementation. I love metal click sound of magnets.

Just put the soft side on the shelf portion.

@Tesla2.0 great idea! As I was taking care of some household repairs yesterday, I came across some leftover black Velcro that I had from a previous project. In putting it in place on the bifold, I realized (as I'm sure you did) that the center of the bifold doesn’t contact the inside wall of the frunk as flush as the corners. So, I put in a center piece like yours and 2 smaller pieces in the corners.

Looks and works great! Thanks for the idea!

See attached

Attachments

• 20230730_111141.jpg
    20230730_111141.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 200
Just put the soft side on the shelf portion.
Lately I've been tempted of just removing the frunk lid entirely because even when grocery shopping, I can't get the frunk to close on many things because it tapers down.
I went to Costco yesterday, and they gave me a box. Box with items fit in frunk portion perfectly but it wouldn't close because the tapering but of the hood hit the box. Had to move it to the trunk. And it was too much work to remove the frunk top portion then and move it to the trunk because the trunk already had stuff in it.

I honestly need to sit down and really think about how I organize my stuff. Currently my trunk bottom portion is used for detail towels and sprays I carry with me at all times including my air compressor and tire patch kit. But I may move that to the frunk instead as the frunk button portion is probably less usable, idk...

Lately I've been tempted of just removing the frunk lid entirely because even when grocery shopping, I can't get the frunk to close on many things because it tapers down.
I went to Costco yesterday, and they gave me a box. Box with items fit in frunk portion perfectly but it wouldn't close because the tapering but of the hood hit the box. Had to move it to the trunk. And it was too much work to remove the frunk top portion then and move it to the trunk because the trunk already had stuff in it.

I honestly need to sit down and really think about how I organize my stuff. Currently my trunk bottom portion is used for detail towels and sprays I carry with me at all times including my air compressor and tire patch kit. But I may move that to the frunk instead as the frunk button portion is probably less usable, idk...
Both the trunk and frunk dividers have found new homes in my attic.

@Tesla2.0 Good fix!!

I don't have a lot of room in the lower section of my frunk as I have the spare tire there, but the velcro will be handy when I'm looking for a spot to stuff some smaller things 👍

Unfortunately the adhesive on my Velcro was not good enough. It didn't hold. Make sure you get strong adhesive

I have strong adhesive came with Velcro, but it is hassle to separate both side of Velcro. I just found magnets with adhesive on Amazon. I think I’m going to experiment with this too.

20 Pack 1 Inch (25mm) Magnets for Crafts with Adhesive Backing Ceramic Magnets Round Disc Magnets, Perfect for Refrigerator Button DIY Cup Tiny Magnet Craft Hobbies, Science Projects https://a.co/d/bzdWSnh

Could be a good solution.
Please send pics if successful.
Thanks

I have strong adhesive came with Velcro, but it is hassle to separate both side of Velcro. I just found magnets with adhesive on Amazon. I think I’m going to experiment with this too.

20 Pack 1 Inch (25mm) Magnets for Crafts with Adhesive Backing Ceramic Magnets Round Disc Magnets, Perfect for Refrigerator Button DIY Cup Tiny Magnet Craft Hobbies, Science Projects https://a.co/d/bzdWSnh
"Perfect for…science projects." Love it.

Let us know how they work out. This is the direction I hope to go.

Back