• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Front USB-C port PD charging power?

DeaneG

Verified Owner
Cars
Air GT, XC40 P8 EV
Referral Code
3OKY7YGA
Has anyone measured the front USB-C port's power delivery capability? Just wondering if Lucid's implementation includes 9/15/20V operation for faster charging of cellphones, laptops, etc. Without a 12V port in the front I hope they alternately chose to include USB-PD.

In case anyone besides me is interested, the 2022 Air's front USB-C port can supply up to 21 watts: 8.4 volts at 2.5 amps. This is into a laptop that could otherwise accept up to 50W charging power through its USB-C port.

In case anyone besides me is interested, the 2022 Air's front USB-C port can supply up to 21 watts: 8.4 volts at 2.5 amps. This is into a laptop that could otherwise accept up to 50W charging power through its USB-C port.
What about the USB-A port? Would you mind testing that?

From the USB-A port, the most I could pull was 6.5w (4.8v @ 1.4a). I tried also using the same USB-A cable in the USB-C port using an adapter, but the cubby's lid physically prevents this.

Moral of the story: buy a USB-C cable for your Lucid, don't bother with adapters.

From the USB-A port, the most I could pull was 6.5w (4.8v @ 1.4a). I tried also using the same USB-A cable in the USB-C port using an adapter, but the cubby's lid physically prevents this.

Moral of the story: buy a USB-C cable for your Lucid, don't bother with adapters.
I bought a tiny adapter for USB-C to USB-A so I could set up MagSafe for both charging ports. It’s really slick. I’ll let you know if I have issues with the charging. They arrive tomorrow for the other side.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 190
I bought a tiny adapter for USB-C to USB-A so I could set up MagSafe for both charging ports. It’s really slick. I’ll let you know if I have issues with the charging. They arrive tomorrow for the other side.
How did those work out? Some wireless adapters insist on being connected to a usb-c PD outlet; others can only manage 5W anyway and are happy with usb-a.

Anyone have issues with the USB C port in the front?
Mine is losing power continuously, tried 3 different cables with same result. Thought my phone was going bad.

USB A works perfect.

Also my rear HVAC is failing, no air coming out the middle, and during use it'll randomly stop working and screen goes black and seat warming preferences will reset.

Mine is losing power continuously, tried 3 different cables with same result. Thought my phone was going bad.

USB A works perfect.

Also my rear HVAC is failing, no air coming out the middle, and during use it'll randomly stop working and screen goes black and seat warming preferences will reset.
Sounds like you'll have a list of several items for service once you are home and settled.

Sounds like you'll have a list of several items for service once you are home and settled.
Tell me about it!
Today my driver side door locked me out!
Went inside to a restaurant. When I came back out I noticed my driver door handle never retracted fully. When I went to open the door it didn't open. Pushed on it, it didn't go flush. But all other doors worked. Wife went inside to open it from her side. Nothing happened. Stood outside like an idiot, tried to do a reset.
Maybe we went back out too early so it didn't reset properly, but eventually she went back in and tried again and it opened from inside. Then once I got inside I locked the car and it went inside flush again. So weird.

Tell me about it!
Today my driver side door locked me out!
Went inside to a restaurant. When I came back out I noticed my driver door handle never retracted fully. When I went to open the door it didn't open. Pushed on it, it didn't go flush. But all other doors worked. Wife went inside to open it from her side. Nothing happened. Stood outside like an idiot, tried to do a reset.
Maybe we went back out too early so it didn't reset properly, but eventually she went back in and tried again and it opened from inside. Then once I got inside I locked the car and it went inside flush again. So weird.
My drivers' door did that the first day I owned the car as I was preparing to leave on a road trip. The only way to open the door was to pull the inside door handle hard enough to engage the mechanical latch. It started working again the next day. Several people have reported this - a fraction of them needed to have something replaced in the door.

My drivers' door did that the first day I owned the car as I was preparing to leave on a road trip. The only way to open the door was to pull the inside door handle hard enough to engage the mechanical latch. It started working again the next day. Several people have reported this - a fraction of them needed to have something replaced in the door.
Thank you I'll have to make note of that and mention it to them when they come for service.

USB A works perfect.

Yep. Had my AT for 3 days before it stopped working. USB-A still works though. Off to Houston service center from New Orleans....

Yep. Had my AT for 3 days before it stopped working. USB-A still works though. Off to Houston service center from New Orleans....
At least you received a response. Still going on 1 month where I'm repeatedly told every other day that a service tech will be in touch

Back