Front seat cooling on Gravity

Britishlion

Member

Verified Owner
Joined
Nov 16, 2025
Messages
70
Reaction score
80
Cars
Lucid Gravity GT
Front seat heating works great, but on “1 bar “ cooling the effect is not discernible. On max seat cooling (3 bars) we can definitely feel it is working, but nowhere near as comfortably cool ( ie not cold enough) as other cars we own or have owned!
Have you experienced this too??
Is this a service item?

Otherwise Gravity is a very cool ride!
 
Yes that is true IMO as well. I even asked SC to check the seats to make sure the
Cooling was working. They said yes it was normal.
 
Yeah its a suction based ventilation, pretty gentle on 1 that you can barely feel it with a thin t-shirt. I just use 2 almost all the time in the summer.
I didn't know that. Does that mean it won't have much noticeable effect until the HVAC has first cooled the cabin off, because it starts by pulling hot cabin air into the seat? Or does the airflow make a positive difference right away?
 
I didn't know that. Does that mean it won't have much noticeable effect until the HVAC has first cooled the cabin off, because it starts by pulling hot cabin air into the seat? Or does the airflow make a positive difference right away?
Huh, I didn't know this either - but it does make sense why it would feel weaker than other cooled seats.
 
I didn't know that. Does that mean it won't have much noticeable effect until the HVAC has first cooled the cabin off, because it starts by pulling hot cabin air into the seat? Or does the airflow make a positive difference right away?
The idea is to suck hot air from your body.
 
We live in the south. I'm waiting for someone to come up with a seat cooler that just works better. Perhaps a liquid cooled solution connected to the heat pump.
 
On my test drive I thought that is the best seat cooling I have ever experienced in any car. I vividly remember pointing this out to my wife that this is the first time I can actually feel anything. yeah my GDE never felt like this ... now I also think it barely does anything even on level 3. you can hear it .. but yeah.
 
Front seat heating works great, but on “1 bar “ cooling the effect is not discernible. On max seat cooling (3 bars) we can definitely feel it is working, but nowhere near as comfortably cool ( ie not cold enough) as other cars we own or have owned!
Have you experienced this too??
Is this a service item?

Otherwise Gravity is a very cool ride!
Both the seat cooling and the ambient lighting are very subtle, "barely there" features
 
Yeah its a suction based ventilation, pretty gentle on 1 that you can barely feel it with a thin t-shirt. I just use 2 almost all the time in the summer.
That's a good thing IMO. I like the ability to turn on just a slight bit of extra, whether it be seat heating, seat cooling, or steering wheel heat.
 
On my test drive I thought that is the best seat cooling I have ever experienced in any car. I vividly remember pointing this out to my wife that this is the first time I can actually feel anything. yeah my GDE never felt like this ... now I also think it barely does anything even on level 3. you can hear it .. but yeah.
I am happy for all the people who feel something at level 2. I agree that we barely feel anything at any level. One small spot on the very bottom of seat back has a tiny bit of chill.
 
I am happy for all the people who feel something at level 2. I agree that we barely feel anything at any level. One small spot on the very bottom of seat back has a tiny bit of chill.
I feel something at level 3 - lots of annoying fan noise behind my head, with barely any cooling action. The noise is so distracting and cooling is so ineffective that I don't use the feature as much as I'd like. I have a suspicion that seats with massage are more problematic compared to seats without massage due to all the extra equipment under the fabric.
I wonder if people commenting on this thread can indicate if their seats have the massage feature or not and how it affects the cooling, as well as noise levels.
 
I feel something at level 3 - lots of annoying fan noise behind my head, with barely any cooling action. The noise is so distracting and cooling is so ineffective that I don't use the feature as much as I'd like. I have a suspicion that seats with massage are more problematic compared to seats without massage due to all the extra equipment under the fabric.
I wonder if people commenting on this thread can indicate if their seats have the massage feature or not and how it affects the cooling, as well as noise levels.
Good thought. We have the massage seats
 
I feel something at level 3 - lots of annoying fan noise behind my head, with barely any cooling action. The noise is so distracting and cooling is so ineffective that I don't use the feature as much as I'd like. I have a suspicion that seats with massage are more problematic compared to seats without massage due to all the extra equipment under the fabric.
I wonder if people commenting on this thread can indicate if their seats have the massage feature or not and how it affects the cooling, as well as noise levels.
Yes mine has the massage feature too
 
I've heard it said that on ventilated seats you need to occasionally clean the surface well so all the little holes don't get blocked with grunk.
 
I've heard it said that on ventilated seats you need to occasionally clean the surface well so all the little holes don't get blocked with grunk.
Yes my Air after one year I had to vacuum the seats to suck some dust out of the cooling pores.
 
I have to say that our cooling seats work great. I was wondering for a while if they were strong enough, but then went out for a drive in my old BMW (my son's now) and felt what it was like not to have seat cooling. I realized the huge difference after my shirt back was wet in a few minutes despite the AC being fully engaged.
 
Back
Top