Front Camera Fault

Lmunozjr

Member

Joined
Dec 26, 2025
Messages
24
Reaction score
2
Location
California
Cars
Air Touring GMC Sierra
Need help. Living in the high desert where the temperature is over 100 degrees, started the A/C to get the cabin cool for 15 minutes. I entered the car and noticed Front Camera Fault error, ⚠️, frontal collision symbol on in the cluster. This has happened twice today. Any thoughts?
IMG_5097.webp
 
This might be the way too obvious observation, but have you tried rebooting or letting the car go into deep sleep?
 
I didn’t know it can do that. How can I reboot or put the car go into a deep sleep?
 
It's a common issue in hot climates. I'm in Phoenix and will see this same fault at this time of the year. The camera in question is behind the windshield. When the temperature climbs above 100 and the car is sitting in direct sunlight the front camera will shut down as part of its thermal protection system. The problem will resolve itself with 10-15 minutes of driving and running the AC which allows the camera to cool off. There have been posts on multiple forums about this topic. Nothing to be particularly alarmed about.
 
I didn’t know it can do that. How can I reboot or put the car go into a deep sleep?
You should try the logo restart method before the "rain dance" brake pedal method, it's less destructive.

Logo Reset: This is similar to restarting your computer. Go to Settings, About and look for the “Air” logo in the upper left of the Pilot Panel. Press on the center of the logo steadily for 15-20 seconds and you will see a “Powering off” message appear in the upper right panel. Release the button. Allow the car to reboot.

source https://www.lucidupdates.com/faq.html

The car will go into a "deep sleep" on its own after a certain period of inactivity. No way to force that afaik.
 
Need help. Living in the high desert where the temperature is over 100 degrees, started the A/C to get the cabin cool for 15 minutes. I entered the car and noticed Front Camera Fault error, ⚠️, frontal collision symbol on in the cluster. This has happened twice today. Any thoughts?View attachment 39286
Were you parked facing the sun? If so, that’s why. It will go away when it is not facing direct sunlight.
 
You should try the logo restart method before the "rain dance" brake pedal method, it's less destructive....
Reset using the steering wheel buttons isn't destructive. It's the recommended method.
 
Reset using the steering wheel buttons isn't destructive. It's the recommended method.
Correct. This used to be true, but it is now the standard method of reboot.
 
I get this everyday waiting in school parking lot under sun of 120F in the Middle East, even with AC on.
It goes away after a few minutes of driving, fun observation is 360 camera and DDPro still works with this.
 
I get this everyday waiting in school parking lot under sun of 120F in the Middle East, even with AC on.
It goes away after a few minutes of driving, fun observation is 360 camera and DDPro still works with this.
i wonder if tinting the area would block enough sun to make it not overheat
 
i wonder if tinting the area would block enough sun to make it not overheat
You would need to tint from outside as camera box is enclosed. If one takes the trouble to remove the camera box and tint, I would imagine that would throw calibration off.

It happens to me everyday in summer usually when I cover the while front with sun shade and traps heat there, but it doesn't bother me cos few minutes after I get moving the message is gone.
 
What a great forum fix! People were familiar with the problem, know it will resolve - problem fixed!

Go lucidowners.com!

Dream Ahead - as long as you aren't parked facing the sun! ☺️
 
I use this kind of sunshade, it traps heat in the windshield also the camera box even with AC one.
2026-06-13 16.24.57.webp
 
Thanks for the info but during each event I had my Lucid Sunshine up.
 
Thanks for the info but during each event I had my Lucid Sunshine up.
Sunshade actually traps heat there, that was my point, without sunshade camera is ok and doesn't overheat.
 
Oh, I miss understood.
 
Back
Top