From Turtle of Doom to Turtle of Destruction!

One last item. An area they really were talking up is the fault redundancy of the ethernet ring located in the four corners of the car. Seems that they had a recall on the ethernet wiring harness going to the display and now this. If the connectors are having issues, this needs to be a priority on their list of other just as important safety issues..

The original powertrain issue, narrowed down to the front motor, they found a poor ethernet connection that was causing this and have replaced it.
So the problem wasn't the front motor but just an ethernet connector? So motor was functioning normally but couldn't communicate it's status so the monitoring system thinks it's dead?

So the problem wasn't the front motor but just an ethernet connector? So motor was functioning normally but couldn't communicate it's status so the monitoring system thinks it's dead?
Yes, that’s how I understand it.

One last item. An area they really were talking up is the fault redundancy of the ethernet ring located in the four corners of the car. Seems that they had a recall on the ethernet wiring harness going to the display and now this. If the connectors are having issues, this needs to be a priority on their list of other just as important safety issues..
The Ethernet ring’s benefit isn’t redundancy, as I understand it, but speed.

The Ethernet ring’s benefit isn’t redundancy, as I understand it, but speed.
“The Ethernet Ring provides both high performance and redundancy for key systems like steering, braking, sensors, and overall power.”

Electrek.co

“The Ethernet Ring provides both high performance and redundancy for key systems like steering, braking, sensors, and overall power.”

Electrek.co
I stand corrected!

My $0.02, ask for a new car. Plus XPEL.

IMO the car has diminished value and it may impact your resale. Better to be safe now, than being sorry later.

Good luck.

We know about this because Lucid is waiting for parts. We have no idea how often "new" cars have these kinds of repairs done before they were sold as new.

We know about this because Lucid is waiting for parts. We have no idea how often "new" cars have these kinds of repairs done before they were sold as new.
The SM told me that the windshield and frunk should arrive at the repair center this week. That does not mean that I am taking the car as is repaired. I am waiting on what they will provide me, i.e., new car, compensation, etc. plus the PPF that needs to be replaced, which cannot be applied until after 45-days so the paint can cure. I am getting a loaner today, however have not heard from Hertz as of yet. I will reach out to the SM in about an hour.

I know some have said that Lucid does not provide EV loaners (not just another Lucid), however, I was delivered a Model 3 from Hertz just now. I will probably have it for 3-weeks while my car gets sorted out with the repairs.

I know some have said that Lucid does not provide EV loaners (not just another Lucid), however, I was delivered a Model 3 from Hertz just now. I will probably have it for 3-weeks while my car gets sorted out with the repairs.
Wow, I am jealous. Not of the model 3, just that they arranged you a loaner and it got delivered to your house.

Wow, I am jealous. Not of the model 3, just that they arranged you a loaner and it got delivered to your house.
Well, I will make it a little more greener here, Hertz arranged a Lyft Lux from my house this morning (BMW X3) to take me to work about 25 miles away. Then they delivered the Model 3 at work. Don't I feel special.

Well, I will make it a little more greener here, Hertz arranged a Lyft Lux from my house this morning (BMW X3) to take me to work about 25 miles away. Then they delivered the Model 3 at work. Don't I feel special.
Huh. They must’ve changed their contract. That’s great!

🤦‍♂️ Thanks a lot, folks at Houston Service Center.....

At least Houston Mission Control (NASA) is kicking butt!

Back