Free Charging

Sandvinsd

Verified Owner
Cars
Air Grand Touring
So today is the last day for anyone to make a reservation and get 3 years of free charging at Electrify America stations. Don’t know if Lucid will extend it, but if you are on the fence, might be worth plunking down $300 fully refundable to give you some time to think about it While locking in the promotion.

If you go to the website, I see it says June 2022 for the 3 year free charging now... just FYI everyone

Another page from Teslas sales primer. December is the last day for free supercharging /free self drive etc etc then extend the deadline for the fence sitters a couple of months more. Actually works quite well.

^ well in this case it's an additional 6 months time! ..quite generous to give until the end of June 2021 now!

They just announced on their twitter feed that this has been extended. Large drop in share value, delayed deliveries, slow production ramp up, software issues, missing features. I wonder if reservations have slowed right down and trying to get the numbers up before the earnings call.

They just announced on their twitter feed that this has been extended. Large drop in share value, delayed deliveries, slow production ramp up, software issues, missing features. I wonder if reservations have slowed right down and trying to get the numbers up before the earnings call.

I sold all my Lucid shares last week. Will wait to see how things progress before considering going back in.

I sold all my Lucid shares last week. Will wait to see how things progress before considering going back in.
I bought some more today @ 28. It's long term speculation.

I think once it becomes public knowledge that they only delivered about 250 vehicles in 2021 vs. the promised 577 the stock will again be depressed. Look what happened to Rivian when they went public with their delivery miss.

I think once it becomes public knowledge that they only delivered about 250 vehicles in 2021 vs. the promised 577 the stock will again be depressed. Look what happened to Rivian when they went public with their delivery miss.

Yeah, I’m wanting to stock up on them for the long term investment but I think there’s more room for it to tank. At this stage of the game the delivery miss in Q4 and still only pumping out 40 a week will probably drop it then I can scoop some up

I bought my shares at 18 back in the CCIV days. I'm thinking I may get a chance to add more at that price or close in the next month or so. Maybe a good time to sell some Puts around that price??

I've noticed being 100% ignored via email myself. I even tried follow up email and it's been over a week with no response. Then I tried the other email I had with again no response. It's not very good customer service. Oddly enough, I received followup emails pretty regularly until I actually made my deposit and became a reservation holder. It's not giving me the warm fuzzy to be ignored once they got their deposit money!

Revised promotional rules posted to the site today

lucid-motors-ea-promotion.png

Revised promotional rules posted to the site today

View attachment 3453
The grace period is interesting because now you can leave the car at a charger all day and not suffer any fees. I wonder if some updates are coming to the App soon to seek card info from you in order to charge if you for the idle fees. I'm assuming some payment system will be coming into the App at some point because Lucid will need a way to bill you with the way they implemented plug and charge.

The grace period is interesting because now you can leave the car at a charger all day and not suffer any fees. I wonder if some updates are coming to the App soon to seek card info from you in order to charge if you for the idle fees. I'm assuming some payment system will be coming into the App at some point because Lucid will need a way to bill you with the way they implemented plug and charge.
The grace period is not new, that was there since day one actually. I have before and after photos of this promotion over here.

So it's still a false threat then 😂
Funny thing is, my sales rep pressured me to reserve in December 2021 so I don't lose the free EA charging. I didn't reserve until Feb 1, but I did check on January 2nd and Lucid extended the offer through June 30, 2022. So I am a bit surprised they just didn't extend it as is until 2023.

I called their bluff back then, although now I wish I reserved on December 1, 2021 so I'd have the car already...

I'm 50/50 when it comes to free charging offerings. We never got given 3 years of free gas when buying an ICE vehicle but the perception seems to be "I've got an EV and charging should be free". It has the potential to clog up car chargers for those people who

A) don't want to pay to install an outlet at home
B) don't want to pay charging at home

Some people don't have the luxury to charge at home whether they be in an apartment or rental etc. so I get that but when I go to the Walmart down the road and see all the chargers full constantly with a majority of brands that are offering free charging I do question whether they're using it to avoid paying at home. With the limitation of chargers it could be driving unnecessary traffic to chargers and making others who legitimately need it wait.

Back