Forum page redesign

How do you like the redesign?

• Total voters

xponents

Cars
Kia EV9, future Air?
What happened to the forum? I feel like this giant slide on the left would be better integrated into the "latest posts" section as a slideshow. This means that in that section, you can switch between latest posts as well as all of the other options on that new view. Right now, it looks more cluttered, repetitive, and information is harder to get to. I do think that the tabs should stay SOMEWHERE, but that place is not on the very front of the forum, in my opinion.

I would love to get other people's standpoints on this, please reply with your opinion!

1695597889582.png

It makes more sense on mobile where it's at the top.

It makes more sense on mobile where it's at the top.
I just got on my phone, and yes this is the case. However, on mobile the functionality is reduced even further as there are only 2 tabs for it. However, if most recent threads were added to the mobile stack, I would like it.

Is there a way for the PC version of the website to be different to the mobile one?

More changes... And yes, the mobile version is fixed now with multiple pages.

1695658641646.png

To add to my complaints, im just going to add a picture:
IMG_6450.jpeg

I really don’t see the point of this, as it looks worse to me, has no functional improvements, and removes the visibility of the most recent thread from that forum. This was useful especially because the whats nee section excludes MANY subforums in it, eg general automotive. Just saying this for feedback, but I feel like the old one would have been better. If you do want to make these changes, I humbly suggest redesigning the rest of the website, as parts of it now kind of look like… they dont “match” with the rest of the UI.

View attachment 18194

I really don’t see the point of this, as it looks worse to me, has no functional improvements, and removes the visibility of the most recent thread from that forum. This was useful especially because the whats nee section excludes MANY subforums in it, eg general automotive. Just saying this for feedback, but I feel like the old one would have been better. If you do want to make these changes, I humbly suggest redesigning the rest of the website, as parts of it now kind of look like… they dont “match” with the rest of the UI.
There is more behind this website than it seems. Design can be a difficult thing and easily critiqued. I am impressed given the strong likelihood of no frontend engineers working on what you see.

If there is enough interest or willingness, I know a few front end engineers who may be able to make adjustments. However, this is a car forum for people who grew up with old chat rooms. You really don't need much more, if anything, in a different way than the way it is now.

There is more behind this website than it seems. Design can be a difficult thing and easily critiqued. I am impressed given the strong likelihood of no frontend engineers working on what you see.

If there is enough interest or willingness, I know a few front end engineers who may be able to make adjustments. However, this is a car forum for people who grew up with old chat rooms. You really don't need much more, if anything, in a different way than the way it is now.
plus there are only a few people spending every waking moment on here...don't know who that would be though

View attachment 18194

Why does yours look like this anyways? Also, who doesn't use dark mode. You are a monster

View attachment 18194

Dd something change today? Mine doesn't look any different than it has all week.

View attachment 18194

We've made no changes on our end to the forum.

What you are experiencing is an individualized user customization. Click on the "Customize" button (Next to "Alerts") on the top right and toggle "Grid Layout?". You must have chosen this unknowingly.

plus there are only a few people spending every waking moment on here...don't know who that would be though
Hmm I wonder too, but this is coming from the moderator 🤣
Why does yours look like this anyways? Also, who doesn't use dark mode. You are a monster
I use dark mode for EVERY single thing except this. I just don’t think dark mode looks good, especially with the contrast of the orange air picture on the forum.
We've made no changes on our end to the forum.

What you are experiencing is an individualized user customization. Click on the "Customize" button (Next to "Alerts") on the top right and toggle "Grid Layout?". You must have chosen this unknowingly.
Youre right, on my phone it shows that grid is off and on my desktop it does too. When I did try into turn it on, it looked the same as it did last night. Wonder why it just turned off? I’m an idiot, sorry 🤣 (edit: on the ipad its still grid… does this forum have per device or peruser settings?)

True. The effort put in by what is certainly only 1-2 people is very impressive, considering this forum is better designed than one designed by a national corporation dedicated to making forums(the “other” forum @hydbob was banned for).

Last edited:
Youre right, on my phone it shows that grid is off and on my desktop it does too. When I did try into turn it on, it looked the same as it did last night. Wonder why it just turned off? I’m an idiot, sorry 🤣 (edit: on the ipad its still grid… does this forum have per device or peruser settings?)
Per device.

Back