Forged Directional Aerowheels for Lucid Air

TheNewAero_Alexander

Site Vendor
Cars
VW ID Buzz Cargo
We offer forum members 10% off on The New Aero wheels . Use coupon code "lucidforum". Prices in North America are in USD and we take care of the state sales tax and customs handling. Delivery with UPS takes around 7 days. You can DM us to order or order from our website. The wheels that we guarantee fit the Lucid air are the 21" for Model S 2012-2020, shown below.

The company was founded in 2016 to develop aftermarket wheels that does not affect the range or even improves the range by having minimal aero drag. They are manufactured in Italy by family owned wheel manufacturer Fondmetal S.p.A. and are awarded with both the Red Dot and iF design awards.

IMG_8944.jpeg

glossytitanium.jpg

Since they are a covered wheel design they will never be as light as a spoked design. But they are 34,5 lbs compared to

the GT 21's at 37.2lbs front and 38.2lbs rear

I know many people are very into light wheels but for EVs the aerodynamics are much more important. Aero can make a differente in range of 5+% but weight can save 0,1 s in acceleration.

Since they are a covered wheel design they will never be as light as a spoked design. But they are 34,5 lbs compared to

I know many people are very into light wheels but for EVs the aerodynamics are much more important. Aero can make a differente in range of 5+% but weight can save 0,1 s in acceleration.
What about your 19 inch wheel size? Weight is my concern thanks to handling.

The 19” is cast but still directional. It’s 31 lbs. Maybe if you opt for a really light tire. Oddly there is no record of how much tires weight even if they are the furthest from the center of rotation and thus the most important weight if you want that acceleration 1/10s

As an aside question, I’m aware the center logo can be changed to a Tesla logo today. What about a Lucid logo?

Do you have any future plans for a 20" aero wheel?

As an aside question, I’m aware the center logo can be changed to a Tesla logo today. What about a Lucid logo?
I am unsure about the size of the lucid center cap. Do you have one you can measure?

I see in your description that you gaurantee the 21" wheel fit. Are any of your 19" wheels suitable for a GT? I am looking a cold weather solution with all season tires and the 19" provide the most tire options.

I am checking with the factory if the 19" works. They have access to drawings of brakes. Our 21" are staggered and fit the OEM tires. Front wheels are the same width, back wheels are 9" (Lucid use 9,5") but the tire still works.

He did not have the brake on Lucid. Anyone tried the Tesla 19" Slipstream?

I see in your description that you gaurantee the 21" wheel fit. Are any of your 19" wheels suitable for a GT? I am looking a cold weather solution with all season tires and the 19" provide the most tire options.
We can do a deal where you don't pay until you know they fit. But are there winter wheel options from Lucid? I can look at the specs of those in that case.

Not on the Lucid but here are the prototypes on a Model 3.

IMG_7174.JPG

Back