For those who think there's tiny market for expensive & luxury EVs

Like the list - thought I was nuts about the cup holders. I will just point out that 20 years ago, most Mercedes lacked cupholders - no German engineer would think anyone would be so stupid as to drink coffee when they were driving.
Yeah, when put into perspective, the many issues this car has are mostly minor, not serious, first world problems that Lucid is admirably trying to improve even though these issues matter a little with a very lower case “m”. I just put that out there because, after it was suggested I was religious about the car, or perhaps even a “moderator”, this post could be referred to as demonstrating that I do in fact complain about the car. Complaining about the car is required by some as a “let me see your ID” verification of non-fanboyhood, as they crop-dust many otherwise useful/informative threads with their doom farts of extreme displeasure, disapproval, legal advice for Lucid, corporate advice for Peter, yelp review of the beverage selection at service centers, divine knowledge about exactly what those cars in the lot in the Bears Workshop video are doing, and general financial/stock warnings for the company that should totally immunize them from the general market mess if only Lucid would just listen to their expertise (IE don’t release the car until perfect, publish a list of all faults and priority order for correction, refund everyone $ who doesn’t have CarPlay, definitely don’t develop/build the Sapphire even though it just trounced most wheeled vehicles, etc).

Somewhere in here though there are a lot of reasonable people who unfortunately have some malfunctions with the vehicle who are sharing their experiences so we may all learn and benefit, and that Lucid may improve this first generation car, which is a miracle to drive, but also has a few wrinkles that they’re actively ironing after already ironing out many, and maybe making a few new wrinkles in the process. That doesn’t seem so bad to me.

Last edited:
Lucid seems to go with the right direction by cutting price on the GT and make some features option. It would help if they just simplify the model line up (as for now, they have 7 !!!, whoever worked on the model lineup should be fired). I think it would just just few model lineups

- Pure: shorter range
- Grand Touring: long range
- Sapphire: crazy performance

Just look at Porsche (regular and Turbo), Tesla (long range, Plaid), Mercedes (450, 580, AMG). What was in Lucid mind when they created 7 model line up (Pure, Touring, GT-Range, GT-P, Dream-Range, Dream-P, Sapphire) ????

Lucid should be known for making the long range luxury EVs for $85-90K, and simply add more from there. As for now, people associate it with $150K cars, not gona help.

Hope they don't screw up with the model line up on their SUV.

Even among Lucid's staff (engineering & middle management level), they think the top exec as clever in engineering, but awful in marketing & strategy ... Everyone quietly wish for a savvy & gifted COO .....like Facebook had with Sheryl Sandberg
That’s exactly Peter Rawlinson himself LOL

Back