Fisker Ocean. Starting Production 11.17.2022

MoniputerLM

Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
Dream Edition Performance
DE Number
I bet there might be a Model-Y Killer article about this soon.

Got one (Ocean One) on order.

Today's email stated that "First Ocean One Deliveries Begin Late February"

PS: They've been very communicative (like Lucid and Volvo 👍.. and NOT like Rivian and GMC 👎)

PS: They've been very communicative (like Lucid and Volvo 👍.. and NOT like Rivian and GMC 👎)
GMC no email back

Rivian just a little better with news letter. 😞

Hopefully by then you'll have cruise control and blind spot monitoring.

Hopefully by then you'll have cruise control and blind spot monitoring.
I'm one of the 1st 5000 deliveries, so, if it comes in time (2023 Q1-Q2), I will not get automatic high beams, blind-spot monitoring, lane-keep assistance, lane centering and traffic jam assist .. they're not due out until end of 2023.

The only one of those that I'll miss is blind spot monitoring and auto-high beams .. BUT I'll trade those for having the car anytime. Like with the Air, I have no doubt that the OTA updates will come, but at least I'll be in a car .. Rivian on the other hand .. ugh!

I'm one of the 1st 5000 deliveries, so, if it comes in time (2023 Q1-Q2), I will not get automatic high beams, blind-spot monitoring, lane-keep assistance, lane centering and traffic jam assist .. they're not due out until end of 2023.

The only one of those that I'll miss is blind spot monitoring and auto-high beams .. BUT I'll trade those for having the car anytime. Like with the Air, I have no doubt that the OTA updates will come, but at least I'll be in a car .. Rivian on the other hand .. ugh!
Is the blind spot monitoring the light-up mirror kind or the camera kind?

Is the blind spot monitoring the light-up mirror kind or the camera kind?
Not sure if there's a light-up mirror indicator or not. I believe the blind spot monitoring (and other Pilot features) will rely heavily on cameras and their "digital radar" (which is different than LIDAR) and fairly new so it is likely taking developers longer to incorporate.

Would love to know your opinion once you get it. I’m looking to replace a family car, considering gravity , maybe ocean, or just grabbing an atlas.

Would love to know your opinion once you get it. I’m looking to replace a family car, considering gravity , maybe ocean, or just grabbing an atlas.
Will do!

FIsker released it's Q4 Earnings Report and the stock is rocking this AM. up almost 30% as I write this.
Notables .. deliveries on track, EPA-verified range exceeded previous estimate (350 mi.) .. making it "the longest range SUV under $70K"

Got my "2-week lock date" today ... = car enters production on 3/13/23 (as communicated to me a month or so ago) .. s/b on track for a Q2 delivery (as originally promised) 👍

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Given Fisker history, it has a huge task before I would believe that it will still be around in three years.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Given Fisker history, it has a huge task before I would believe that it will still be around in three years.
If it stayed around, would you consider switching from the gv60?

If it stayed around, would you consider switching from the gv60?
Probably not. I still want luxury with my performance and the Ocean is a pretty basic model. A problem I have long had is that I prefer a smaller vehicle but almost all manufacturers keep limiting the luxury features on their smaller cars (not even offering an option). I grabbed the GV60 when it became available because it did combine being small (exterior; wheelbase is larger than that of the Teluride) with performance and luxury. The Lucid and the forthcoming (I expect) BMW I5 combine performance and luxury but are both midsized. The Porsche EMacan (if it ever is released) will likely meet all three objectives.

But a good question.

Completely understand. I almost plunked down the $5K deposit on the Karma years ago (loved the styling of it) .. but didn't like what I saw when "reading the tea leaves" .. turned out to be a good call.

But I'm a risk-taker .. I'm the fist to admit that betting on Lucid, Rivian, and Fisker is NOT for the faint of heart... yet, here I am ;)

I'm hoping Henrik learned from a bunch of mistakes .. and, so far, I like his pick of manufacturing contractor, approach to delivery and service, and ample testing of both vehicle systems, manufacturing/paint processes, etc. .. that said, only time will tell. 🤞

Then... there's Rivian .. ugh .. 2+ yrs and no idea IF, let alone, WHEN, I may receive a vehicle. :rolleyes:

The weird thing about Rivian is that the reviews I have read say the pickup is great but the ride on the SUV is terrible.
The longer the wheel base, the lesser effect of bumps feel by rear tires. Or closer to ground, the better the firm ride.

I heard the same reviews, but I never got on R1T to feel and compare the difference. I do know this R1S at 121” wheel base rides multiple fold smoother than my 4 doors Jeep Wrangler at 118” wheelbase. All my passengers said so.

The weird thing about Rivian is that the reviews I have read say the pickup is great but the ride on the SUV is terrible.
I test drove an SUV and liked it but have not driven the truck to compare.

Back