Finance Rates

GEFCU. Can become a member by donating to one of 3 libraries ($15 donation). Just got 3.29% over 72 for my wife's car ($72k). Will be using them for my Touring but will likely go for their 4.49% over 84 option.
Interesting. So you were able to get in as a “non-government” employee simply by donating to the applicable library? Do you also have to live in Austin and suburbs to qualify? Their eligibility criteria is a bit confusing as listed. Definitely interested but I live in Rosenberg TX.

Interesting. So you were able to get in as a “non-government” employee simply by donating to the applicable library? Do you also have to live in Austin and suburbs to qualify? Their eligibility criteria is a bit confusing as listed. Definitely interested but I live in Rosenberg TX.
I live in Houston. From what I could see, any TX resident can join the CU. I did it all online using an automated system. I had to upload front and back of my DL to prove I am a TX resident, but when they ask for eligibility there are 6 options (from memory). 3 relate to government employee relationship options or you can donate to 1 of 3 public libraries (each for $15) that will qualify you. They take the donation payment as part of the process.

The loan application process is all done online, but then moves to working with a loan officer, which is OK, but takes a little time so recommend planning ahead a little.

Got an approval from BOFA for 115k @ 5.39% for 72 months. Any suggestions on credit unions for competitive rates in Texas?
Go with GEfcu…much better rate. Approval was in 2 business days for me with option for 84 month or 72 months. However, feds are likely increasing interest rates tomorrow, so anything you get after may be slightly higher.

BTW - I also shopped at Parson and waiting for their approval but may be canceling as its likely not going to beat gefcu at this point.

Go with GEfcu…much better rate. Approval was in 2 business days for me with option for 84 month or 72 months. However, feds are likely increasing interest rates tomorrow, so anything you get after may be slightly higher.

BTW - I also shopped at Parson and waiting for their approval but may be canceling as its likely not going to beat gefcu at this point.
Unfortunately, availability only to Texas residents

For people living in DC, MD and VA, you might be able to join CommonWealth One CU. I got $110k for 36 months at 2.24%. Super fast and easy to open an account with them. Just wanted to share this great deal.

For anyone who financed through GEFCU or any credit union and Lucid is titling your vehicle, were you able to get a letter of guarantee from lucid to the bank? GEFCU is requesting that before releasing fund to Lucid. My DA has no knowledge of why and what that is. Any idea? Thanks

I have a question regarding the BA financing package. I used them for about 25% and intend to pay it off early next yr but other than the approval message, I havent heard anything about paying the loan back. Being it was approved December 2, I expect a payment will be due soon. How long has it taken people to receive instructions about making payments. I called and talked to them and they said stuff was mailed on the 8th but hearing nothing at this point.

Back