Come on, let’s not pretend those arguments don’t dominate this forum. Half the Luce discussions immediately turn into “the Sapphire has more range,” “Lucid charging is better,” or “Lucid’s software/ADAS will be ahead.” There’s literally a spec comparison thread at the start of this discussion. Here I’ll help, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the back arrow to see the first page in the thread and a there is a spec comparison post.
My point has been consistent the entire time, people keep evaluating Ferrari like it’s a spreadsheet competition instead of an exotic brand purchase. I’m not even defending the Luce itself. I don’t think it looks good and I probably would’ve waited longer before Ferrari entered EVs. You don’t see me commenting I would never buy one because my Gravity has more range. What a ridiculous statement.
Also, the constant “I would never buy one” comments are funny because most people saying that were never realistic buyers in the first place. It’s easy to armchair hypothetical purchases when there’s no actual check being written.
I was wondering why it seems that you're taking the criticism of this car so this personally, then i saw the cars in your flair...
You are actually completely missing the point. The argument you're making is actually against yourself. The fact that people buy ferraris is because of the emotional connection. You are assuming this EV will have everything a ferrari normally has....which by all accounts, we know most of the emotional things that make a ferrari a ferrari will be missing from this vehicle.
Nevermind specs. Let's just look at why you buy a ferrari: looks, brand exclusivity, driving feel, theatre, etc. Other than brand exclusivity, what exactly do you have with this? The looks are being panned (rightfully so...even I have come around to being okay with the M3's looks in certain situations...this has no redeeming qualities except for the rear tailights...and even at that). The driving feel is to be determined but Porsche and Lucid are the only ones that have come close to a driving enthusiast feel so pardon my skepticism if ferrari got it right immediately and made the first true enthusiast EV. There's no theatre or emotional response when there's no sound, you don't row your own gears, there isn't an autmoatic gearbox that sparks that emotion (like dual clutch or an amazing torque converter transmission, etc.).
So factor in all that AND it loses the spec sheet race, it feels DOA. When I bought my porsches, did i buy them because they were the fastest possible car I could get with my money? No..I bought them because of the feel, the theatre, the looks, the brand, etc. It's slightly the same with the lucid I have; it is known to be one of the best handling/driving EVs while being pretty good on the spec sheet for speed, range, functionality.
I know you'll reply with some kind of defensive comment but i won't feel the troll any more than this.