Feature request

kkumar99

Member

Joined
Nov 16, 2024
Messages
66
Reaction score
148
Cars
Model X,Lucid Gravity GT
Referral Code
4ATQMGH6
Didn't really see a thread on this, but thought there should be a spot to ask people what features they'd like to see upcoming (not bug fixes, actual features). Some are said to be coming already, but I haven't heard much about others ...

-Android Auto/car play
-Phone as key, with option to remote start car
-Auto open/close garage based on geo fencing with home link
-Auto raise suspension based on geofencing
-more apps including YouTube music and apple music
-video app capability for front AND rear screen including Netflix, Disney, YouTube, etc
 
option to remote start car
I'm not sure what this means - you can already remotely set the climate, etc. There is no 'turn on' function.

-Auto open/close garage based on geo fencing with home link
This used to exist, but it was buggy, so they removed it. I'm sure it'll be added back soon. Lots of us have worked around it with Home Assistant and a ratgdo or similar garage opener addon.

Agreed on the rest.
 
I'm not sure what this means - you can already remotely set the climate, etc. There is no 'turn on' function.
The option to actually turn on and drive the car. Tesla has this option and it would alleviate key fob issues that others are having.
 
The option to actually turn on and drive the car. Tesla has this option and it would alleviate key fob issues that others are having.
I promise I’m not trying to be obtuse; I’m trying to understand. Do you mean the option where it drives to you?
 
I promise I’m not trying to be obtuse; I’m trying to understand. Do you mean the option where it drives to you?
I’m sure the OP means that you can turn on the car so that you can drive it as if you had the key fob with your inside. Tesla allows that. And Tesla will also do this function via Bluetooth if you’re close to the car.
 
Yes, and you can also allow someone else to drive the car from a remote location. Has been handy in an emergency for me.
 
Yes, exactly as others have said. If this feature is enabled, many of the board complaints about being stuck somewhere without the key fob working would of away. It's kinda like phone as key option, but you wouldn't even need the phone. In theory this would allow lucid to remote start your car for you and enable driving as well.
 
Do you mean access to drive without the fob or cell phone physically present? I know you can unlock the car remotely - if the person has the PIN, they probably could drive without a physical key.
 
Yes, exactly as others have said. If this feature is enabled, many of the board complaints about being stuck somewhere without the key fob working would have away. It's kinda like phone as key option, but you wouldn't even need the phone. In theory this would allow lucid to remote start your car for you and enable driving as well.
Within a few months of ownership back in 2022, Lucid unlocked my car remotely and allowed me to drive it. Without a phone, fob or card. I provided some identifying information and they were happy to do so.

I was in a rush packing, I accidentally left my phone at a friends house and kept driving after entering pin. Not thinking anything of it, I just drove. Got out at a rest stop, walked away, and car auto locked. I used my kid’s phone to call Lucid customer care, explained the issue, and they allowed access to my car.

Will Lucid allow that to happen now? Maybe not. Just pointing out it is possible. And that Lucid isn’t in the dark ages like sometimes portrayed on this forum. It could be an option in the future, but maybe not a priority right now.
 
Your list is a good one—basically all of the nice features we had in our Teslas. We really would like the suspension adjustment based on geofencing/manually choosing some locations to adjust.
 
I’m sure the OP means that you can turn on the car so that you can drive it as if you had the key fob with your inside. Tesla allows that. And Tesla will also do this function via Bluetooth if you’re close to the car.
You can already do this, unlock the car remotely and then when some gets in and tries to put the car in drive it prompts for the pin to drive. Give the person your pin and boom same functionality,
 
You can already do this, unlock the car remotely and then when some gets in and tries to put the car in drive it prompts for the pin to drive. Give the person your pin and boom same functionality,
This post was in reference to the Gravity, which does not have PIN to drive. And neither does the Air.
 
This post was in reference to the Gravity, which does not have PIN to drive. And neither does the Air.
Well, my air does. Sorry for not seeing it was Gravity,
 
Well, my air does. Sorry for not seeing it was Gravity,
I just tried it on my Air: unlocked door remotely with app; left phone far away; went into car and tried putting into drive; car not going into drive and PIN to drive did not pop up. I’m pretty sure it pops up if you unlock with keycard, though. But I didn’t try that.
 
Your list is a good one—basically all of the nice features we had in our Teslas. We really would like the suspension adjustment based on geofencing/manually choosing some locations to adjust.
My Corvette C8Z06 does this. It will raise/lift the front of my car, and remember 5,000 locations I have previously raised it - so no need to prompt it more than once. I just drive, and will "remember" to raise prior to entering any driveway (my own included), or dips in the road, speedbumps....that I prompted it to raise before.
 
Yes, exactly as others have said. If this feature is enabled, many of the board complaints about being stuck somewhere without the key fob working would have away. It's kinda like phone as key option, but you wouldn't even need the phone. In theory this would allow lucid to remote start your car for you and enable driving as well.
Ahhhhh, got it. I’ve never seen that feature; I’ve only ever seen remote start that then still required the key to actually drive.

Neat!
 
I just tried it on my Air: unlocked door remotely with app; left phone far away; went into car and tried putting into drive; car not going into drive and PIN to drive did not pop up. I’m pretty sure it pops up if you unlock with keycard, though. But I didn’t try that.
I’ll have to try this but I’m fairly certain it pops up the pin for me (on Air, not Gravity). I’ll check tomorrow.
 
Back
Top