Favorite Gravity Feature of the Day

wide opening door for when you break your foot and have to wear a boot and it makes it easier to climb in
Just to contrast (and not Gravity-specific), I hate narrow parking spaces when I can't open the door all the way. I just tripped over my own shoes getting out of my Gravity this morning since I was in a narrow parking space with limited room next to me and only had the door open enough to fit me. Yes I took a tumble to the ground (slowly and not very gracefully) and now have a bandaid of shame on my elbow at work today. And no I'm not even close to geriatric but now feel like I need to get myself a life-alert...
1786458362341.webp
 
No shame needed for the Band-aid, just tell 'em you fell skateboarding!
 
Passenger door opening 90 degrees. Allows sliding in a canopy that is nearly the width of the Gravity into the 2nd row footwell.
 
Just to contrast (and not Gravity-specific), I hate narrow parking spaces when I can't open the door all the way. I just tripped over my own shoes getting out of my Gravity this morning since I was in a narrow parking space with limited room next to me and only had the door open enough to fit me. Yes I took a tumble to the ground (slowly and not very gracefully) and now have a bandaid of shame on my elbow at work today. And no I'm not even close to geriatric but now feel like I need to get myself a life-alert...
View attachment 40432
I think you mean you acquired a “bravery badge.”

(Also, cute side story: at a BJJ friend’s house, his adorable kid fell on the stairs; he was fine, shook it off, and we all moved on. A few minutes later he asked his dad for a bandaid… we all chuckled because the kid had zero bleeding wounds. He then took the bandaid and proceeded to place it on the staircase, because he didn’t want it to hurt. I nearly lost it)
 
I had to do a turn and burn of 2.5 hours (170 miles) each way yesterday. Left early in the morning and got on i-75 at Higgins Lake, Michigan, heading south.

Set hands-free DDP to 85. Matrix headlights worked fantastic - such a great and useful feature! For the nerd in me, loved watching the process of "carving" out bright lights around traffic, but in the bigger picture, worked flawlessly and REALLY provided a greater sense of confidence I might see deer or other critters along the side of the road. Phenomenal and flawless!

It was so great to not have to deal with the constant steering adjustments cruising down the road. Virtually no traffic at 5am on a Monday; it took the tediousness out of the drive.

After a day of appointments, turned around and headed back up north at the beginning of rush hour. Side camera view when using turn signals for lane changes is so awesome and the power to squirt around a left lane squatter makes life so much easier.

As traffic began to normalize above Flint, set hands free at 85 again. I tend to initiate lane changes before the automated system does and it worked flawlessly. Sure, I'd make adjustments to the rapidity of lane changes, but we're talking preferences now, not functionality.

Arrived at my exit relatively rested, certainly relaxed and ready to go knock out a couple runs to 72 on the wave runners.

Thanks, Lucid, I've never had a better turn and burn in my life.

Dream Ahead!
 
Last edited:
Keep mode! Absolute life saver in this 100 degree, crazy high humid weather in the south this past week. I honestly thought it only had the pet mode but after posts in this group, I finally realized there was a tab menu away, just a keep mode. Using this everyday now until it cools off in probably another couple months around here. Also a shout out to the AC as well as it is more than up to the task of keeping the cabin frosty! Preconditioning and keep mode makes sure it's comfy every time!
 
I scoffed and rolled my eyes at the sanctuary feature when I first learned of it. But damn if I didn't nearly fall asleep while I was sitting in the studio show model with those rollers under my butt while the routine played over the sound system. Hope that comes to my Air someday!
 
I scoffed and rolled my eyes at the sanctuary feature when I first learned of it. But damn if I didn't nearly fall asleep while I was sitting in the studio show model with those rollers under my butt while the routine played over the sound system. Hope that comes to my Air someday!
It's kinda gimmicky, but I love it! Sadly, looks like they have pretty much given up on it.
 
Haven't mentioned in a while, but I'll say my favorite feature lately has been the amazing DCFC speed.

The Lexus TZ was just introduced, and golly it looks a lot like a Gravity on the outside. But it maxes out at 150 kW charging. Who introduces a vehicle with such a slow charge rate in 2027? The Jeep Recon only goes to 200 kW. Our Gravity stays above 200 kW for almost all of its charge curve!

I realize that people have different use cases, and even we mostly leave our Gravity plugged in to charge overnight at home. For any sort of road trip, though, the huge battery and fast charge speed are critical. We've saved 6+ hours on long road trips vs our 2019 Tesla X (which still charges faster than these new vehicles above!)
 
Haven't mentioned in a while, but I'll say my favorite feature lately has been the amazing DCFC speed.

The Lexus TZ was just introduced, and golly it looks a lot like a Gravity on the outside. But it maxes out at 150 kW charging. Who introduces a vehicle with such a slow charge rate in 2027? The Jeep Recon only goes to 200 kW. Our Gravity stays above 200 kW for almost all of its charge curve!

I realize that people have different use cases, and even we mostly leave our Gravity plugged in to charge overnight at home. For any sort of road trip, though, the huge battery and fast charge speed are critical. We've saved 6+ hours on long road trips vs our 2019 Tesla X (which still charges faster than these new vehicles above!)
Was thinking the same thing yesterday. Just returned from a road trip and, once again, used dcfc and stayed at 220kw deep into charge. For many reasons, Gravity is a beast for roadtrips.

Most people I speak with who are NOT on forums like this hear “this car can use a Tesla supercharger” and assume it’s the same charge rate as any other car. They don’t understand the speed can differ or why and I expect that’s because that’s not a differentiation with an ICE car. For the is reason, a company like Stelantis/Jeep thinks they can probably go cheaper/dumber on charge tech and not get dinged for it by buyers.
 
Was thinking the same thing yesterday. Just returned from a road trip and, once again, used dcfc and stayed at 220kw deep into charge. For many reasons, Gravity is a beast for roadtrips.

Most people I speak with who are NOT on forums like this hear “this car can use a Tesla supercharger” and assume it’s the same charge rate as any other car. They don’t understand the speed can differ or why and I expect that’s because that’s not a differentiation with an ICE car. For the is reason, a company like Stelantis/Jeep thinks they can probably go cheaper/dumber on charge tech and not get dinged for it by buyers.
Also, worth mentioning that if you use a 350/400kw charger like Mercedes or Ionna, I’ve gotten over 350kw for several minutes and over 300kw for as much as 8-10 min. Just a game changer on roadtrips. On Tesla SC, I always get questions from Tesla owners as they see me pull in and leave before they are done. Holds over 200kw on Tesla SC for most of the charge. Only time it drops below, is usually when it’s limited by station.
 
Was thinking the same thing yesterday. Just returned from a road trip and, once again, used dcfc and stayed at 220kw deep into charge. For many reasons, Gravity is a beast for roadtrips.

Most people I speak with who are NOT on forums like this hear “this car can use a Tesla supercharger” and assume it’s the same charge rate as any other car. They don’t understand the speed can differ or why and I expect that’s because that’s not a differentiation with an ICE car. For the is reason, a company like Stelantis/Jeep thinks they can probably go cheaper/dumber on charge tech and not get dinged for it by buyers.
Well there is this new narrative forming around EVs, oh they are great daily driver appliances for short city trips....and maybe carmakers as just accepting some data like that and designing for that use case. But the main range figure is still a dealbreaker.

Although there are many times when I get strange looks from other EV drivers who are sitting in their cars for 35-45 mins waiting for an 80% charge and I just unplug after 10-15 mins with the same amount of range added.
 
We used to drive Model S and do 1-4 charge stops on our standard trips north. Now we do 2 charge stops and usually are done charging before we are ready to leave. ( bathroom, leg stretching, food, you know old people stuff) I have started using Tesla chargers mainly for reliabily and access on the route we travel. I sign up for the month membership when we do a road trip. I have used EA and Ionna just to experience them and Ionna especially is great, just not on our preferred routes yet.
 
Back
Top