Fan noise when charging

HC_79

Verified Owner
Cars
2023 Lucid Air GT
Referral Code
AWNJLGKT
Is the fan noise while charging at home normal? The garage feels like the heater is on and I’m surprised the fans come on for 9kw charging. Never had this occur on the Audi, only when DC charging which is normal.

Yes - it warms up and/or cools the batteries if needed, while charging.

Had mobile service come listen - they said it was normal and similar to other Lucid’s they’ve worked on.

My fan runs even when "trickle" charging from a 110 in a 60 degree garage.

Oh - I should mention that it is quite a bit louder than my Tesla Model 3

More batteries to cool!

My Chevy Bolt just has a solenoid click when I attach my home L2 charger. The Air, on the other hand, has some fans going. It is supposed to have some enhancements that speed up its charging, or so they say. I managed to find an Electrify America L3 charging station with an open (and operational) 150 KW charging cord the other day. The blowers in the Air were really going during that charging session! It went pretty quickly, too.

It’s that bi-directional WunderBox, it suppose be cooling off to prolong life of Air batteries longer than the other brands to lessen degradation. And also that 900V architecture difference. I don’t know why and how it is doing that often, I just know it drain (phantomly).

My BMW 530e can get very loud when charging in my garage (not continuously but sometimes very loud and sometimes loud; I haven't figured out when it is louder some times).

I don't know what the BMS fan is supposed to sound like, so looking for help here.

It only goes on when level 3 charging. It's loud enough that i hear it from within the car, it cannot be missed. It sounds like humming but it also had a vibration to it. I haven't heard that sounds coming from any other vehicle at the fast charging station (EA).

Is that volume, hum, and vibration normal for the Air?

Back