Fan and Temperature Buttons

CLS3

Cars
Lucid Grand Touring
Has anyone experienced glare from the sun bouncing off these four buttons and hitting your eyes? It’s blinding. Is there a fix for this?

Window tint

Easy Peasy…..

Attachments

• AC41E5F2-6F8C-485B-A03E-BBDF68822C80.jpeg
    AC41E5F2-6F8C-485B-A03E-BBDF68822C80.jpeg
    161.3 KB · Views: 105
Do not know if buttons are removable but with a little patience, a small bottle of Testors model paint and soft hobby brush you can do wonders.

Last edited:
Has anyone experienced glare from the sun bouncing off these four buttons and hitting your eyes? It’s blinding. Is there a fix for this?
Black electrical tape...now that you don't need it for the airbag light, you have another use for the remaining 50 yards of the stuff ;). Seriously though, I have not experienced a problem.

Absolutely experiencing the same thing . . . under certain sun / angle conditions, the reflection off these buttons can be blinding. Less than 300 miles on my car and experienced twice . . . and Pittsburgh has less sunshine than any other city in the US (except Seattle, ha ha !). I will re-post if I find a solution that meets my wife's standards ( . . . YOU'RE going to do WHAT to our expensive new car ! ? ! ) :oops:

There’s gotta be some matte clear adhesive film that could be applied. First one to post a link wins!

Absolutely experiencing the same thing . . . under certain sun / angle conditions, the reflection off these buttons can be blinding. Less than 300 miles on my car and experienced twice . . . and Pittsburgh has less sunshine than any other city in the US (except Seattle, ha ha !). I will re-post if I find a solution that meets my wife's standards ( . . . YOU'RE going to do WHAT to our expensive new car ! ? ! ) :oops:
Yes. I get that frequently in sunny San Diego. Of course I also get it in our Nissan Leaf from its center screen so that is not unique to Lucid.

Yeah I noticed this yesterday because I forgot my sunglasses on this road trip. With my polarized Maui Jim’s I’ve never noticed the reflection before.

WSJ's Dan Neil mentions this in his review of the Touring this weekend:

"The Air has a few crazy-making qualities. The lustrous metallic toggles mid-dash, controlling temperature and fan speed, will blind you in bright sunlight."

Except for a few other nits, he raved about the car.

Back