Face recognition?

I'm having problems with this and a number of related things. Initially it was easy to add an appearance. It won't set the profile based on my face. I tried adding a second appearance and got a red X. I discovered that if I put myself in position by accessing my profile manually, I can have the car learn a second appearance. If I try to add an appearance when the seat has been positioned with easy entry on, I get a red X. Since I want it to recognize my face when I get in the car, and since the seat will be where easy entry put it, it seems as if it shouldn't be able to recognize me if it can't add my face from that position. Moving the seat from the easy entry position to a more amenable one is an option, but the easiest way to do that is to select my profile manually. Once I select my profile, it doesn't seem to try to read my face, possibly because I just selected my profile manually. But that will result in me needing a PIN to drive, depending on how I access the car.

Having easy entry leave the steering wheel alone or having it move it out of the way both result in the problem. I'm 5' 10" tall and my wife is much shorter. So I'm in what would be a typical position for somebody whose car has easy entry on. I would expect it to be worse for my wife.

A problem that I've had with other cars is that if my wife gets to the car before I do, either trunk or passenger side, the car sets the profile for her, with either a phone or a fob in her possession. I haven't tried that yet with the Lucid, and figuring out every combination of card/phone/fob/being away for a long time/being away for a short time or switching drivers would be overbearing, I'd like to know which approach is best with the Lucid. Also, I haven't found any way to change the easy entry position, so if that's possible, I'd like to know how.

Likewise, I'd like to know if I'm better off carrying the fob or just letting the phone do its thing, factoring in everything else.

As far as I can tell, facial recognition does nothing in the Lucid. Sometimes I get a check mark. Sometimes I get an X. Makes zero difference to how the car behaves.

Back