F-150 people room vs. Gravity?

JB67

Reaction score
Cars
Ford F-150
Hi all,

I am 6'7" and my wife is 6'1", and we have a 6 year old that is growing like a weed! We currently drive a 2015 Ford F-150 which we purchased because of the room for both the front driver/passenger along with me being able to "sit behind myself" = drivers seat all the way back and I could fit in the back.

For those of you who have sat in the Gravity, have any of you driven/sat in a Super Crew (a.k.a. four door) F-150 before? If so, how would you compare the leg & head room to an F-150?

I ask because they didn't allow the general public to sit in the prototype Gravity they had up in Seattle in Sep 2024.

I understand from @hmp10 's post that the seat controls weren't fully fleshed out in the prototypes, so it might be difficult to compare.
BTW thank you @hmp10 for the detailed write up!

Thank you very much for your time.

FYI the more I read these forums and hear references to minivans the more exciting the Gravity sounds as I wanted a minivan when we were looking for vehicle back in 2014/2015 but was forced into the pickup trucks for the seating space. :confused:

Can't help you on the F150 space comparison but I'm 100% on the, "We want an electric minivan!", train.

Hi all,

I am 6'7" and my wife is 6'1", and we have a 6 year old that is growing like a weed! We currently drive a 2015 Ford F-150 which we purchased because of the room for both the front driver/passenger along with me being able to "sit behind myself" = drivers seat all the way back and I could fit in the back.

For those of you who have sat in the Gravity, have any of you driven/sat in a Super Crew (a.k.a. four door) F-150 before? If so, how would you compare the leg & head room to an F-150?

I ask because they didn't allow the general public to sit in the prototype Gravity they had up in Seattle in Sep 2024.

I understand from @hmp10 's post that the seat controls weren't fully fleshed out in the prototypes, so it might be difficult to compare.
BTW thank you @hmp10 for the detailed write up!

Thank you very much for your time.

FYI the more I read these forums and hear references to minivans the more exciting the Gravity sounds as I wanted a minivan when we were looking for vehicle back in 2014/2015 but was forced into the pickup trucks for the seating space. :confused:
Been driving a F-150 SuperCrew since I got it new in Sept 2017; 2.7L V6 Twin Turbo, 2WD (no snow/ice for me)...best truck I've ever driven! We are now grandparents, and we got the F-150 because of its cavernous interior, esp the back seat! Just emailed the Roswell, GA Lucid site asking when the first Gravity will arrive. Haven't sat in one yet. I can tell you, though, if Ford offered better leasing/financing deals on the Lightning, that's what I'd be driving right now. The Lucid Air 18 month lease with discounts for on-site vehicles was just too sweet, so I walked away from Ford (while keeping my F-150) and in a luxury EV (my first) for $429/month. This may not be helping you JB67, but Ford just announced a new "Power Promise" for EV buyers: FREE 80-amp home charger plus FREE installation (up to 80' cable distance). Saw this on "State of Charge" YouTube channel. I test drove a Lightning and was oh so close to signing the dotted line, but that was two months ago, and Ford had zero incentives for the truck. Test drove the MachE Mustang too, which was fun but underwhelming in general. Let us know what you end up doing; wish you and your family the best regardless of what you choose!

Back