• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Extended warranty?

RM-S8

Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
GT-P, Huracan
Will Lucid, ever, offer extended warranty?
Should I start to panic? :)

Attachments

• 20231010_161745.jpg
    20231010_161745.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 250
You'll just have to trade in for a Gravity before you hit the threshold ;)

I’ve previously recommended XCare on here - I’ve had their warranties on a couple of Teslas before moving to Lucid. Seems like a good product if you want the peace of mind.

Close to a year, its a GT-P! Might just be the world record for miles/year on this forum.
The style of my driving is rather aggressive, never pay attention to the efficiency which is between 2.9 - 3.0 mi/kWh (very respectful score in my view).
The car visited service center twice. Once for HV battery replacement and once for a frunk latch malfunction.
Overall experience is VERY positive.

I’ve previously recommended XCare on here - I’ve had their warranties on a couple of Teslas before moving to Lucid. Seems like a good product if you want the peace of mind.
Thanks for a suggestion. I'll check their prices and the coverage very soon.

So, that's the quote I've got from them.
I think it's appetizing.

Attachments

• 20231012_090716.jpg
    20231012_090716.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 245
So, that's the quote I've got from them.
I think it's appetizing.
Sorry for my confusion. But does this say that the extended warranty will cover the car for 125,000 miles total? Or 125,000 from the 42,000 you already have? Or an additional 125,000 beyond the original 100,000 mile warranty?

Sorry for my confusion. But does this say that the extended warranty will cover the car for 125,000 miles total? Or 125,000 from the 42,000 you already have? Or an additional 125,000 beyond the original 100,000 mile warranty?
All valid questions.
Honestly, I don't know. I actually copied your questions and send it to them.
I'll report back with findings.

All valid questions.
Honestly, I don't know. I actually copied your questions and send it to them.
I'll report back with findings.
I just looked at it more closely (I'm on my phone and missed it initially). It's 125k from now. Look at the bottom left

Their response:
"The 3yr/125k would be 3 years from the start date or an additional 125,000 miles for a total of 167,000 on your car, assuming it has exactly 42,000 miles today."
All makes sense.
But if so, why would I do it now instead of waiting for the odometer hitting 49,500 miles and then purchasing it?

I think they increase the cost the longer you wait. They advertise the cheapest cost if you purchase the warranty when it's close to new with low miles I believe.

I would guess that the above comment is correct. It's like life insurance. It gets more expensive as you get older

Has the claim process been easy with Xcare?

Has the claim process been easy with Xcare?
I don't think many Lucid cars have their new car warranty expired just yet.

However, I read numerous threads on Tesla forum that is very satisfied of the claim process with Xcare.

The claim process for Lucid owners should be similar when the time arrives.

Back