• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Expected date for my pure

CaliFlexing

Hi all,

I’ve been lurking the past couple of weeks and finally decided to make an account. I placed my reservation for an air pure in January of 2021. I am ready to drive my air every day instead of my Chevy Malibu. I thought Dolby atmos would be a given in the air pure.. I’ve done research on this topic and the consensus seems to be that it’s worth the upgrade? A hefty price tag already so I am weighing this option but would love the input.

My rep said early 2023 for delivery. I wouldn’t mind testing the air pure before delivery though. I test drove a GT as they didn’t have a pure at the store.

Biggest concerns:

1 - Utilizing electrify America efficiently around San Luis Obispo. I live close to Madonna inn, I can’t charge at that station because it’s Tesla?

2 - Dolby atmos is extra?

3 - if lucid goes bankrupt in 2026 will the car still be serviceable thereafter? Worst case…

Hi all,

I’ve been lurking the past couple of weeks and finally decided to make an account. I placed my reservation for an air pure in January of 2021. I am ready to drive my air every day instead of my Chevy Malibu. I thought Dolby atmos would be a given in the air pure.. I’ve done research on this topic and the consensus seems to be that it’s worth the upgrade? A hefty price tag already so I am weighing this option but would love the input.

My rep said early 2023 for delivery. I wouldn’t mind testing the air pure before delivery though. I test drove a GT as they didn’t have a pure at the store.

Biggest concerns:

1 - Utilizing electrify America efficiently around San Luis Obispo. I live close to Madonna inn, I can’t charge at that station because it’s Tesla?

3 - if lucid goes bankrupt in 2026 will the car still be serviceable thereafter? Worst case…
1 - there's an EA station at the Pismo outlets that has worked reliably. Paso also has an EA station. No, you can't charge at the Tesla Supercharger stations, at least at this time. You're better off getting a home charger (EVSE) because frequent level 3 charging is not good for long-term battery health.
2 - yes, Atmos requires the upgraded sound system and is totally worth it in my opinion.
3 - unless they royally screw the pooch, the Saudis have too much invested to let Lucid fail.

Welcome to the forum. Glad to see another central coaster.

#3: If Lucid did fail, most likely someone would pick up the parts inventory. That is what happened with DeLorean.

You are a early reserver but I would be pleasantly surprised if they sold any Pures in the first quarter, even in the second quarter. If, like me, you want a metal roof, it will probably be delayed longer. I suspect that Lucid will do the same thing with Pures that it is doing with Tourings: offering a speedier arrival if one accepts a predetermined option package.

I am a later 2021 reserver, and I do want a metal roof, so I would be delighted if I got my car in 2023 at all. Fortunately, I have a very nice DD with mechanical breakdown insurance through the end of 2024 so I can wait. Others may not be so fortunate.

#3: If Lucid did fail, most likely someone would pick up the parts inventory. That is what happened with DeLorean.

You are a early reserver but I would be pleasantly surprised if they sold any Pures in the first quarter, even in the second quarter. If, like me, you want a metal roof, it will probably be delayed longer. I suspect that Lucid will do the same thing with Pures that it is doing with Tourings: offering a speedier arrival if one accepts a predetermined option package.

I am a later 2021 reserver, and I do want a metal roof, so I would be delighted if I got my car in 2023 at all. Fortunately, I have a very nice DD with mechanical breakdown insurance through the end of 2024 so I can wait. Others may not be so fortunate.
I would like the metal roof as well. I appreciate all updates from Lucid regarding delivery time. I can take the basic specs. I don’t think I need the AWD. It would be nice to have the vehicle after most bugs are fixed. I plan on tinting the windows and having black rims installed/painted on. I’m happy I will have three years of free charging and am hoping that electrify America puts a charging station in San Luis Obispo. I’m not sure why they don’t have one already.

Hi all,

Biggest concerns:

You and I reserved a Pure at the same time. My dilemma is that I have since bought a BMW i4 and absolutely love the car. It's been incredibly solid and has been without a single issue since I picked it up in May. I'm averaging 4.1 mi/KWh since I took delivery, so that translates to about 320 miles on a full charge. Between the EVs I've owned, Tesla MS, Jaguar I-Pace & Audi e-Tron, the BMW is without a doubt the best fit for me...and the most trouble-free thus far.

Further complicating my decision regarding the Pure, is that I still have not gotten a test drive. The last time I was over to the Lucid Studio in Manhasset, NY, they still were not offering test drives. I also get concerned reading the ongoing issues here, although they've gotten better, relative to rock solid performance I've experienced with the i4. So I'll have to make a decision once my number is called and that still is, I'm sure, months away.

It would be easier if I could talk my wife into swapping her Sonata Hybrid for a Lucid, but she refuses to have 2 EVs, feeling that's not a prudent approach at this point in time. So my saga continues.

How does one go from a Chevy Malibu to an Air?

Low probability of failure. Even with high burn rate, car platforms usually get absorbed into larger OEMs, esp with IP. Exception being, SAAB.

Hi all,

Biggest concerns:

What is this "Lucid Bankrupt" FUD all about? Who told you this?

You and I reserved a Pure at the same time. My dilemma is that I have since bought a BMW i4 and absolutely love the car. It's been incredibly solid and has been without a single issue since I picked it up in May. I'm averaging 4.1 mi/KWh since I took delivery, so that translates to about 320 miles on a full charge. Between the EVs I've owned, Tesla MS, Jaguar I-Pace & Audi e-Tron, the BMW is without a doubt the best fit for me...and the most trouble-free thus far.

Further complicating my decision regarding the Pure, is that I still have not gotten a test drive. The last time I was over to the Lucid Studio in Manhasset, NY, they still were not offering test drives. I also get concerned reading the ongoing issues here, although they've gotten better, relative to rock solid performance I've experienced with the i4. So I'll have to make a decision once my number is called and that still is, I'm sure, months away.

It would be easier if I could talk my wife into swapping her Sonata Hybrid for a Lucid, but she refuses to have 2 EVs, feeling that's not a prudent approach at this point in time. So my saga continues.
I seriously thought about the I4. Advantages, to me, include the dealer being only 3 miles away and always having a loaner for me. A big issue for me is the completely unnecessary bugs bunny grille. I decided I could get over that if everything else was good and I do prefer a somewhat smaller car. The I4-40 seemed a tad underpowered for me (but I would love hearing feedback from you on it, especially passing at high speeds) and the I4-50 lacked range. The final killer for me was that BMW stopped selling ADAS with the I4-40 (parts shortage). If they could only add a tad more power to the I4-40 and restore the ADAS (I think it might have done that) or a bit more range on the I4-50 (300 would be my minimum).

I have also asked SAs at both of the closest BMW stores to let me know as soon as they open up the I5 for specs and orders. While I prefer the I4 size, the I5 (which is about the size of the Lucid Air) won't have the ugly grille and it should have room for a bit more batteries as it is larger than the I4. If they do spec up the I5 a bit, it would be a serious competitor to the Lucid Air.

Hi all,

Biggest concerns:

I think all the EA problems will be solved in the near future; it must be a huge priority for Lucid, because without an adequate charging network there will be tremendous frustration.

Dolby Atmos is extra but I would strongly recommend adding it in because it makes being in the vehicle another level of absolute fun. If you are a big music fan, don’t go without it. One thing to consider is that Dolby Atmos tracks are limited in number but they are adding new ones regularly .

I used to worry about Lucid going bankrupt before I purchased the car. I don’t think about it any more. It seems unlikely , given the huge financial backing from Saudi Arabia .

I am in the same boat with a reservation in Oct 21 but decided to get Pure fully loaded for a few reasons. 1. I too actually prefer metal roof. 2. AWD allows me to drive to lake Tahoe Reno in winter from the bay area. 3. DD Pro enables all the safety features possible now and in future. 4. Surreal sound Pro is not just for great sound but enables directional alerts. We now know that they are getting ready to invite people to place order for Touring. In the forums here, it is widely believed that there are very few people waiting for Touring compared to GT and of course Pure. All the indications are that production for T and Pure will start in Dec as expected. If so, I am expecting my car perhaps in Mar 23 but we will hear more in the earnings report next week. Finally, I agree with others about Saudi funding being here to stay and in the worst case companies with deep pockets and far behind in the EV race Toyota, Nissan, Stellantis will gladly acquire Lucid.

Low probability of failure. Even with high burn rate, car platforms usually get absorbed into larger OEMs, esp with IP. Exception being, SAA

Low probability of failure. Even with high burn rate, car platforms usually get absorbed into larger OEMs, esp with IP. Exception being, SAAB.

This will be my second car and I’ve never owned an EV. I’m sick of seeing the same Tesla’s on the road. That’s why I chose lucid. It’s beautifully designed and should be the perfect car for me since I 1) live in CA 2) drive to Santa Monica, Yosemite and San Jose area frequently

Unless you really want a sedan, you may want to consider ioniq 5 or fisker ocean extreme if you are thinking of EV better than Chevy Malibu. Just look at the ADAS and standard safery features in the top of the line models of those cars vs Lucid. Great bang for your buck.

I seriously thought about the I4. Advantages, to me, include the dealer being only 3 miles away and always having a loaner for me. A big issue for me is the completely unnecessary bugs bunny grille. I decided I could get over that if everything else was good and I do prefer a somewhat smaller car. The I4-40 seemed a tad underpowered for me (but I would love hearing feedback from you on it, especially passing at high speeds) and the I4-50 lacked range. The final killer for me was that BMW stopped selling ADAS with the I4-40 (parts shortage). If they could only add a tad more power to the I4-40 and restore the ADAS (I think it might have done that) or a bit more range on the I4-50 (300 would be my minimum).

I have also asked SAs at both of the closest BMW stores to let me know as soon as they open up the I5 for specs and orders. While I prefer the I4 size, the I5 (which is about the size of the Lucid Air) won't have the ugly grille and it should have room for a bit more batteries as it is larger than the I4. If they do spec up the I5 a bit, it would be a serious competitor to the Lucid Air.
Steve, of course I haven't measured passing speeds, so my assessment is purely subjective. I find the speed, both passing and off the line, to be more than I anticipated and absolutely fine for me. I can pretty much leave anyone in the dust, so that's certainly not an issue. Several tests have actually shown the I4 40 to have a 0-60 time in the upper 4s. That's fine for me, but I understand if someone is not happy unless they're in the sub 4 time, that's fine too. For me those days are long gone.

The important criteria of solidity, fit and finish and quietness are at the top of my concerns and the car meets and exceeds that criteria easily. What amazes me about the i4 is that regardless of speed, there's virtually no wind noise. The only noise to be heard is on coarser pavement where some noise intrudes into the cabin. I think that's more a function of the tires. Most EVs are quiet, but of the ones I've had this is the quietest. The placement of the rear motor and absence of a front motor doesn't hurt in this regard either.

Speaking of ADAS, mine has it and just yesterday I was in the worst traffic jam of my life, literally. It took us 2 1/2 hours to get over the Throgs Neck Bridge due to construction on the bridge. I used the advanced traffic jam feature and essentially sat back and let the car do the driving (acceleration, braking and steering). It still wasn't pleasant, but it sure was a lot less tiring.

I'll have a tough decision to make when the time comes. The absence of the $7,500 tax credit is also a bummer, but that wouldn't deter me if I decided to go with the Lucid. I've just gotten spoiled by receiving the credit with each EV purchase I've made.

Unless you really want a sedan, you may want to consider ioniq 5 or fisker ocean extreme if you are thinking of EV better than Chevy Malibu. Just look at the ADAS and standard safery features in the top of the line models of those cars vs Lucid. Great bang for your buck.
I want the lucid more than any other EV. My Chevy Malibu isn’t electric btw.

I want the lucid more than any other EV. My Chevy Malibu isn’t electric btw.
Yes. Me too. I am waiting for both Lucid and Fisker Ocean Extreme. Possibly the safest in their respective market segments.

Steve, of course I haven't measured passing speeds, so my assessment is purely subjective. I find the speed, both passing and off the line, to be more than I anticipated and absolutely fine for me. I can pretty much leave anyone in the dust, so that's certainly not an issue. Several tests have actually shown the I4 40 to have a 0-60 time in the upper 4s. That's fine for me, but I understand if someone is not happy unless they're in the sub 4 time, that's fine too. For me those days are long gone.

The important criteria of solidity, fit and finish and quietness are at the top of my concerns and the car meets and exceeds that criteria easily. What amazes me about the i4 is that regardless of speed, there's virtually no wind noise. The only noise to be heard is on coarser pavement where some noise intrudes into the cabin. I think that's more a function of the tires. Most EVs are quiet, but of the ones I've had this is the quietest. The placement of the rear motor and absence of a front motor doesn't hurt in this regard either.

Speaking of ADAS, mine has it and just yesterday I was in the worst traffic jam of my life, literally. It took us 2 1/2 hours to get over the Throgs Neck Bridge due to construction on the bridge. I used the advanced traffic jam feature and essentially sat back and let the car do the driving (acceleration, braking and steering). It still wasn't pleasant, but it sure was a lot less tiring.

I'll have a tough decision to make when the time comes. The absence of the $7,500 tax credit is also a bummer, but that wouldn't deter me if I decided to go with the Lucid. I've just gotten spoiled by receiving the credit with each EV purchase I've made.
IMHO 0-60 in a BEV is an unnecessary criteria. They all, pretty much, move off the line away from a traffic light just fine. There is a golf course I sometimes play that is on a country road with one lane in each direction and a 65 mph speed limit. There are also often cars pulling campers on that road. There are a couple of steep hills where the county has added a passing lane. A couple of times I have seen someone pulling a camper ahead and I didn't want to get stuck behind it so I stepped on it and passed and then immediately slowed down. To me, the passing ability is a safety feature if one thinks one can pass but then car runs out of passing range. BEV sometimes run out of high end torque; that is why I asked about passing ability.

I currently drive a 2018 BMW 530e so I am familiar with how BMWs drive. The 480 HP in the Lucid Air Pure is fine for me. My 530e weighs in at 4385 lb; the I4-40 at 4519 and the Lucid Air at 5203. Most of us know that BMW traditionally sandbags its HP, at least on its ICE cars. So the 250 HP on my car is probably more like 270. So please keep me informed.

If Lucid ever gets the production ramped up, I'll be going from a 2001 Toyota Avalon (that I may still keep because the car is as reliable as dirt) to a Lucid Air Pure.
SAAB was absorbed into GM in 2000, which then killed the marque, along with Pontiac and Oldsmobile in 2011. I once owned a 1969 SAAB Sonett V4 (you can google that) and a '73 SAAB 99LE.

As an early 2012 Fisker Karma owner, who continue to own the car through the bankruptcy, other than the loss of the Warranty coverage we all managed to keep the cars running though the Fisker Buzz Owner's forum. The croup shared information, part sourcing and actively supported several Fisker trained individuals that serviced the cars. 10 years later hundreds of Fisker Karmas are still around.

I ordered the BMW i4M50(bugs bunny grill included) for my wife. It is presently in transport overseas and will arrive at the California port on Nov. 15. It should arrive at the Oregon dealership about 2 weeks after that.

With the 19 inch all season tires I ordered, the range is rated at 270 miles(will find out if this is true). With about 586 hp, it should be plenty.

Would be glad to let you know my wife's and my impressions after we receive it compared to my AGT

If Lucid ever gets the production ramped up, I'll be going from a 2001 Toyota Avalon (that I may still keep because the car is as reliable as dirt) to a Lucid Air Pure.

SAAB was absorbed into GM in 2000, which then killed the marque, along with Pontiac and Oldsmobile in 2011. I once owned a 1969 SAAB Sonett V4 (you can google that) and a '73 SAAB 99LE.
Great little car. Mine was a 1971 yellow. As I recall it had a lever to engage freewheeling. I don't think I used as it required a lot more early breaking going around the Bridgehampton circuit chasing MGs. Always a sucker for weird car designs.

Back