Excessively long boot up times

Oneofthesedays

Cars
Lucid Air Touring 2024
I just took ownership of a brand new 2024 Lucid Air Touring. The car takes 30-40 seconds to boot up each time before I’m able to use the infotainment and rear view cameras. Very rarely does it wake up instantly, usually only if I’ve been away from the car for a few minutes. My understanding is that the full reboot should happen rarely.

Have updated to latest SW. Have tried various reboot methods with no luck. Is this normal?

Last edited:
I just took ownership of a brand new 2024 Lucid Air Touring. The car takes 30-40 seconds to boot up each time before I’m able to use the infotainment and rear view cameras. Very rarely does it wake up instantly, usually only if I’ve been away from the car for a few minutes. My understanding is that the full reboot should happen rarely.

Have updated to latest SW. Have tried various reboot methods with no luck. Is this normal?

This is not normal. Try Lucid logo restart.

This is not normal. Try Lucid logo restart.
Have done both soft reboot and hard reboot. Took it to the service center and the guy did a hard reboot and told me to watch for it.

That is definitely not normal and harkens back to the dark ages of software v1.x, which took that long to boot each time. I would definitely reach out to customer service to get your car checked out.

That is definitely not normal and harkens back to the dark ages of software v1.x, which took that long to boot each time. I would definitely reach out to customer service to get your car checked out.
What’s the best way to reach customer service? Email?

I shuttered when I read the post title thinking of 1.x lol 🥶. Yes, our cars boot instantly when the door is open so def a service issue to bring up.

Congrats on the new car and enjoy!

If the reboot doesn’t resolve the issue call Customer Care to get the car looked at as that behavior isn’t normal.

Definitely not right ... the music is already playing when I open my door.

The service center is going to take a closer look. Likely going to have to replace the CCD.

I’m having the same issues. Have you found a solution to the issue? I’ve tried multiple steps including a hard reset and changing profiles. Nothing yet. I’m Waiting on service to set an appointment. Mine takes up to a minute at least to get ready for driving.

I’m having the same issues. Have you found a solution to the issue? I’ve tried multiple steps including a hard reset and changing profiles. Nothing yet. I’m Waiting on service to set an appointment. Mine takes up to a minute at least to get ready for driving.
I made a service appointment. They are likely going to swap the CCD. Is your car new?

I made a service appointment. They are likely going to swap the CCD. Is your car new?
Yes. I Got it Tuesday Apr 30th. I’ve Had the issues since day 1. Absolutely drove me crazy but didn’t know it wasn’t normal. I was out of the country the 4-11 and when I came back on Saturday I sat in my friends Lucid which powered right up. that’s when I googled and saw your thread. Hoping service contacts me tomorrow to get this resolved. I’ve been messaging them and my sales advisor trying to get this resolved.

Today I couldn’t get into my car for like 3 minutes. It finally unlocked and then I sat in stale heat for a minute until I could adjust the AC settings. It was 94 degrees in S. FL. I can’t deal with this delay. My other two cars are Teslas, and they, but are ready to go the minute I walk up to it. This isn’t something I’m willing to deal with.

Yes. I Got it Tuesday Apr 30th. I’ve Had the issues since day 1. Absolutely drove me crazy but didn’t know it wasn’t normal. I was out of the country the 4-11 and when I came back on Saturday I sat in my friends Lucid which powered right up. that’s when I googled and saw your thread. Hoping service contacts me tomorrow to get this resolved. I’ve been messaging them and my sales advisor trying to get this resolved.

Today I couldn’t get into my car for like 3 minutes. It finally unlocked and then I sat in stale heat for a minute until I could adjust the AC settings. It was 94 degrees in S. FL. I can’t deal with this delay. My other two cars are Teslas, and they, but are ready to go the minute I walk up to it. This isn’t something I’m willing to deal with.
May need a new TCU. They will fix it.

Pardon me for asking ... but have you tried pushing in the door handle while your mobile phone is in one of your hands (out of your pocket or purse)?

That's so frustrating. I haven't had the car unlock issues, it's certainly no worse than my Tesla in this regard, but the long bootup times have made this car almost unusable for quick errands. Which sucks because I really love everything else about it. Hoping that it will be a quick fix at my service appointment tomorrow.

That's so frustrating. I haven't had the car unlock issues, it's certainly no worse than my Tesla in this regard, but the long bootup times have made this car almost unusable for quick errands. Which sucks because I really love everything else about it. Hoping that it will be a quick fix at my service appointment tomorrow.
It will be.

If you are having long boot up times regularly and are on the latest software, then there is something wrong with the hardware, and you should push back if service suggests otherwise. My car (and all others that don’t have any hardware issues) have the screens lit up and ready to drive roughly as soon as the door is opened, 99% of the time. Rarely, it will “boot,” but does that in 5 seconds or so and only after a very long time of sleeping.

The only thing that takes any time to boot is the 360 view, and that takes <10 seconds or so for me.

The only thing that takes any time to boot is the 360 view, and that takes <10 seconds or so for me.
Even this is pretty much instant now from about 3 or 4 updates ago. Very rarely I’m waiting for the 360 view to pop up now like in the past.

I've had similar issues with my '24 Touring since delivery (May). After I was able to get it into service, techs were able to verify the longer than normal load times for screens (over a minute). They performed a CCC reset but still delayed.

In the end, they found the Center Console Controller (CCC) was an older piece of hardware and replaced it with a revised one.

Now the screens are on as I open the door! 😊

Back