Every car has it's issues

Amster

Verified Owner
Cars
ZR Grand Touring
Referral Code
U9GRC6K9
There's so much chat and complaints on this board and other places about the software in the Lucid, compared to say Tesla. One of my neighbors has a Model S. He walked by this afternoon when I had the garage open for a while, and came up and asked about the car. I told him it was absolutely wonderful, but the software was still glitchy sometimes. The funny thing is that he said the same thing about his car. That it doesn't always start the same way, that it sometimes does things he didn't want it to do. I thought it was strange because I wasn't expecting that. I guess every owner has some issue with their vehicle.

Lucid has way more "issues" than any car that I have owned or driven. That includes Tesla Model S, 3 and X. The software is getting better albeit slowly but still not production quality.

My wife has a 2021 Audi Q7. That thing won't remember my radio favorites for more than a month. It used to take 3 minutes before carplay would work with my phone. Now, I have to also press several buttons on the touch screen. I've had the display randomly go into engineering mode when driving on the highway. She had trouble unlocking the car the other day.

For a short time (until a guy ran a red light...) I had a Model S. I remember having to pull over the car and do hard reset on the side of the road.

Before that, I had an Audi A6. If the weather was cold enough, the XM radio wouldn't work (this was clearly an antenna connector issue since I'd had the antenna replaces TWICE before).

As cars become more complex, the issues are becoming more common. I don't have my Lucid yet (about 2 more weeks my DA tells me), but I'm anticipating issues and reminding myself that all is not perfect with more established car manufacturers.

All that said, I work for a software company and feel I could offer Lucid a few pointers on how to do updates at scale.

That thing won't remember my radio favorites for more than a month
Lol! Same thing was happening for the 3 years I had my 2019 e-Tron. Spoke to Audi about it and they pretended like I was the only one with the issue. Let me guess, you customized the Home Screen and those would reset back to default also?

There's so much chat and complaints on this board and other places about the software in the Lucid, compared to say Tesla.
If I cared I would go back and read a tesla owner's forum from the first year of production and report back. I won't compare a car in production for ten years with a brand new model.

One of my neighbors has a Model S. He walked by this afternoon when I had the garage open for a while, and came up and asked about the car. I told him it was absolutely wonderful, but the software was still glitchy sometimes. The funny thing is that he said the same thing about his car. That it doesn't always start the same way, that it sometimes does things he didn't want it to do. I thought it was strange because I wasn't expecting that. I guess every owner has some issue with their vehicle.
good post. thanks.

if there is an upside, for me it's a marvel ... the technology in this car ... and I'm in awe when something wakes me up to it and I realize: these cars are magic.... I'm starting to think of the Lucid as beyond car...we're going to need another name for these things when the AI takes over.

Lol! Same thing was happening for the 3 years I had my 2019 e-Tron. Spoke to Audi about it and they pretended like I was the only one with the issue. Let me guess, you customized the Home Screen and those would reset back to default also?
Haven't tried that, but I bet it would. I had Audi service look at it and of course they said nothing was wrong. Don't even get me started on how it took a full month for them to program a key fob for it.

Haven't tried that, but I bet it would. I had Audi service look at it and of course they said nothing was wrong. Don't even get me started on how it took a full month for them to program a key fob for it.
The e-Tron sealed the deal for me. Loved Audi but it showed me how far behind they are when it comes to software integration. EV’s are so reliant on software that it made me realize ICE makers still have a long way to go.

Lucid has way more "issues" than any car that I have owned or driven. That includes Tesla Model S, 3 and X. The software is getting better albeit slowly but still not production quality.
The Model Y I rented had more issues. The only cars I’ve driven that didn’t have at least as many issues were ones with far less tech; I.e. the “state of the art” tech included was just a backup camera and that’s about it.

The Model Y I rented had more issues. The only cars I’ve driven that didn’t have at least as many issues were ones with far less tech; I.e. the “state of the art” tech included was just a backup camera and that’s about it.
Just stating my experience, which I stand by.

Back