Errors after extended Keep Mode/Pet Comfort?

Reaction score
Cars
‘24 Air Touring
DE Number
Hi guys,

I would say nearly if not every time when I leave my vehicle on Keep Mode or Pet Comfort for let’s say 40 minutes+, every time I come back I get several warnings for unavailable things like crash assist and lane departure assist.

Does this happen to anyone else? After driving for 20 minutes or so the lights end up turning off.

My concern is if the features are actually unavailable, which is a safety hazard. I have gotten turtle mode twice for no reason recently that they could diagnose and so I’m just starting to get some safety anxieties about driving and whether or not things will function properly.

Thanks. ‘24 Touring (still not on 2.4.x 🥲)
1727791323191.webp

This is not normal

Hi guys,

I would say nearly if not every time when I leave my vehicle on Keep Mode or Pet Comfort for let’s say 40 minutes+, every time I come back I get several warnings for unavailable things like crash assist and lane departure assist.

Does this happen to anyone else? After driving for 20 minutes or so the lights end up turning off.

My concern is if the features are actually unavailable, which is a safety hazard. I have gotten turtle mode twice for no reason recently that they could diagnose and so I’m just starting to get some safety anxieties about driving and whether or not things will function properly.

Thanks. ‘24 Touring (still not on 2.4.x 🥲)View attachment 23638
First, no, I've never had this happen, and I use comfort mode fairly often.

Second, is it extremely hot where you are? I'm wondering if one of the systems is overheating trying to cool down the car. But either way, @hydbob is right. This is not normal. I'd have service check it out.

I’ve gotten that warning before too after using it. I think the common thing isn’t using the mode, it’s your car sitting in the sun and one of the cameras is overheating and shutting off to prevent damage. If that camera is temporarily unavailable, then so are those features. I think it’s one of the front cameras.

I could be wrong about this being your issue, but at least this is what was explained to me when it has happened.

I use this mode all of the time in very hot Phoenix weather and have not seen these errors. I would ask service to take a look.

Thanks for the reports guys.

I’m out in Denver, it’s been 90F give or take and every time it was parked in direct sun. I had brushed it off because I also thought it was an overheating thing, but hearing the comment from the guy in Phoenix makes me think maybe I should still have them take a look.

Thanks for the help guys.

Thanks for the reports guys.

I’m out in Denver, it’s been 90F give or take and every time it was parked in direct sun. I had brushed it off because I also thought it was an overheating thing, but hearing the comment from the guy in Phoenix makes me think maybe I should still have them take a look.

Thanks for the help guys.
Let me know what you find out. I just assumed it was normal behavior based on what Customer Care had said.

I’ve gotten that warning before too after using it. I think the common thing isn’t using the mode, it’s your car sitting in the sun and one of the cameras is overheating and shutting off to prevent damage. If that camera is temporarily unavailable, then so are those features. I think it’s one of the front cameras.

I could be wrong about this being your issue, but at least this is what was explained to me when it has happened.
This has nothing to do with Keep Mode, other than that it keeps the car on. You are parking with your front cameras facing direct sun, causing them to be blinded and/or overheat.

I assume the errors go away after a couple minutes of driving? That’s because the front camera is no longer blinded / overheating. :)

I use keep mode daily, multiple times a day, and have run into this once or twice, but that’s why.

Back