Error message when playing Dolby Atmos track with Tidal

fbechodoc

Verified Owner
Reaction score
Cars
Lucid Air Touring
Since my subscription plan was changed by Tidal, I have been seeing a message right after Tidal plays a Dolby Atmos track in the car that says the track was played in stereo because I need a different plan for DA playback. I checked my plan on the Tidal website, and it says I should still get DA playback. I contacted Tidal support, and here's what they emailed back: "The agreement between Lucid and TIDAL hasn't changed, so the expected behavior is that when you get the error that you need a different subscription to play Dolby Atmos, our team is already working to find out a solution for this error message."

Has anyone else experienced this? It sounds like Tidal plans to rectify the problem.

I get the same message but as soon as I change the playlist or switch to another Atmos album, it plays fine.

I get the same. Pops up after every song on the atmos playlist. Just started recently.

I have been using Tidal for the past couple of months (Aug-Sept 2024) as I wanted to wait until after their subscription plan changes were in place. The message about playing in stereo instead of Atmos just started to pop up this weekend (Oct 2024). I had been intentionally trying to play Atmos tracks for the first couple months and had no pop up messages during that time frame. It just started to appear while I was on a long trip.

Is this issue it still occurring for others?

Could it have to do with the latest 2.4.x update? I have not tried it since the update. Will try it in a few to report back.

This isn’t Lucid specific as I have similar issues not just on the Lucid but on my iPhone as well. Says I don’t have subscription to play Atmos even though I do. Contacted TiDAL support last year about it and they were absolutely useless so I put it in the “is what it is” basket.

Hoping Lucid releases a native Apple Music app in the car so I can dump TiDAL

This has been happening for me, too. Any Atmos song in a playlist throws the error. If I’m selecting an album in Atmos it seems fine

General error with Tidal. I haven't noticed if it actually affects the playback. Maybe one of the sound engineers can speak on it, but I don't think there's a stereo version of Dolby Atmos tracks. Feel like it's all or nothing.

I have no real idea though.

Back