EQS vs Air handling

quantum

Verified Owner
Just the other day I was taking a left curved on-ramp, had an EQS in fornt of me. EQS was understeering and and going wide encroaching onto the next lane. My Lucid AIr was rock solid- no understeer, took the turn like a champ. Was a perfect example of how the AIr is a drivers car, the EQS if for those who like the soft feel of a Lexus.

I let a buddy of mine drive my AGT who said he felt the back wanted to tail on fast speed turns. I disagree, but I am on 19"

Only way to tell is the track, but what is everyone's thoughts?

Obviously someone who's been driving the car for a while is going to know the car more and be comfortable. He did tell me was surprised at how nimble it was for it being so big and he felt that. But at the same time, he knew he could push it harder but didn't want to in a new car.

Both understandable.

Just the other day I was taking a left curved on-ramp, had an EQS in fornt of me. EQS was understeering and and going wide encroaching onto the next lane. My Lucid AIr was rock solid- no understeer, took the turn like a champ. Was a perfect example of how the AIr is a drivers car, the EQS if for those who like the soft feel of a Lexus.
I owned Lexus LS400. It had a soft feel. They imitated Mercedes. Now I have LS430. Much more firm.

One possible explanation is EQS has rear wheel steering and one can certainly over or under steer if not familiar with the car.

I let a buddy of mine drive my AGT who said he felt the back wanted to tail on fast speed turns. I disagree, but I am on 19"

Only way to tell is the track, but what is everyone's thoughts?

Obviously someone who's been driving the car for a while is going to know the car more and be comfortable. He did tell me was surprised at how nimble it was for it being so big and he felt that. But at the same time, he knew he could push it harder but didn't want to in a new car.

Both understandable.
I’m with you on this.

My wife has an AMG EQS and it handles very well. The AMG version may handle better than the EQS 450+ or 580.

My wife has an AMG EQS and it handles very well. The AMG version may handle better than the EQS 450+ or 580.
If it didn't, that would be a problem.

Back