Emergency brake, pedestrian brake, other safety features?

Volund

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Grand Touring
I was wondering if anyone has any stories, videos, or any other anecdote which describes the safety mechanisms of Lucid taking over where it actually saved you. Whether you were not paying attention or if someone cut you off or brake checked you or an object on the road.

I've never personally owned a car which has these things so I am curious how it feels and how it reacts and what happens.

Thanks!

The cross traffic alert works really well when reversing out of a perpendicular parking spot. I don’t know that it’s “saved me” but it has been extremely helpful.

+1 on cross traffic alert/braking. After having it now on two cars, I'll never buy another car without it.
Some say that these ADAS features are not needed if you're paying attention while driving. But for the one time in 1000 when something happens at the instant you are looking in the wrong direction, they are extremely valuable.

The cross traffic alert works really well when reversing out of a perpendicular parking spot. I don’t know that it’s “saved me” but it has been extremely helpful.
Yeah, maybe "saved" was the wrong word.
I want to hear and learn about the cool safety features that Lucid has and some type of story demonstrating that it actually works, and how it's helped you

During the test drive, the car braked itself while I was reversing without any reason! Hope the was fixed with the 2.0 software.

I had the cross traffic alert and brake go off and was really impressed with it. May be a bit tricky to explain, but I was in the last parking spot (I mean furthest to the right) in my row, and the entrance way to the lot was directly behind my spot - to pull into my spot I literally just went directly forward from the entrance. When I was backing out to leave there was another car coming down the row towards my spot - I knew it wouldn't hit me because it would have to turn to go out the entrance way. Still, I probably should have been pulling out a little slower, and the cross traffic alert slammed on my brakes and flashed a red alert on the console. I was actually super impressed by it and feel safer now knowing it works as I would expect.

Well it probably saved me a fender bender. Backing out of a parking space (not paying attention like I should) it braked and wouldn't let me move, at least for long enough to catch my attention.

Back