Email from Lucid: "Don’t miss out—10 days left to secure your original pricing."

I would want a GT with the smaller battery pack. Less weight, and therefore better handling, but all the goodies of a GT. (including the better motors maybe, so still 819 horsepower?) This could also be a way to compete with the recent plaid price decreases.

Thanks for all the responses on this. We went and test-drove a Touring on Saturday and, I confess, I was completely gobsmacked by it. What a wonderful machine! Incredible driving experience, smooth, swift and planted. Interior is spectacular. The whole package just felt, well, special.

BUT the more I think about it, the more I'm coming around to the idea of a used GT. As Impatient7536 and des16 have said, it seems to make a lot of sense. So I'll take my time, see how prices shake out over the coming months, and look for the right GT.

Cheers!
Sounds like your Pure reservation is going to expire.

I would want a GT with the smaller battery pack. Less weight, and therefore better handling, but all the goodies of a GT. (including the better motors maybe, so still 819 horsepower?) This could also be a way to compete with the recent plaid price decreases.
so the GT - U (for Underperformance) yeah, i'd buy that too. The extra battery pack under rear floorboard cringes on passenger comfort. not sure my rear passeners would like hours with knees in chest...

already thinking about buying another Lucid and going full-retard {meaning a 100% EV household with no ICE back-up}.

Last edited:
so the GT - U (for Underperformance) yeah, i'd buy that too. not sure my rear passeners would like hours with knees in chest...

already thinking about buying another Lucid and going full-retard with 100% EV household.
Of course, even the GT's rear legroom is plentiful. Perhaps we can have a touring battery, sapphire motors(this is a dream) and a 320-350 mile range. Or maybe even the GTP motors?

Legroom is plentiful. Thigh support different than Pure. Did I not read somewhere that the rear seat is different in models with extra battery packs to compensate for loss of depth of floor?

I will emphasize as someone who has owned used, leased, and brand new EVs since 2013, just be sure you have your a** covered with warranties and protect yourself. Buying used will always be the riskiest purchase in the EV world (especially with newer brands) due to warranty and other limitations and logistics. I will _never_ recommend someone buying a used Tesla after they revised their used policy from 5 year Tesla certified to a 1 year warranty. You're guaranteed to be better off buying new.
I hear you. I've had good experience with xCare on two successive Teslas, and I see they now cover Lucid too. That said I'd hope buying a one-year-old GT, keep for a couple of years, sell, rinse, repeat would be a relatively low-risk strategy from a warranty perspective.

The additional battery modules may be needed to feed enough power for the performance motors. There is a ~200v difference between the two packs.

Thanks for all the responses on this. We went and test-drove a Touring on Saturday and, I confess, I was completely gobsmacked by it. What a wonderful machine! Incredible driving experience, smooth, swift and planted. Interior is spectacular. The whole package just felt, well, special.

BUT the more I think about it, the more I'm coming around to the idea of a used GT. As Impatient7536 and des16 have said, it seems to make a lot of sense. So I'll take my time, see how prices shake out over the coming months, and look for the right GT.

Cheers!
Well that didn't last long ... finalized my Touring order this morning :)

Back