Electrify America Membership

In a small victory, pulled up to charge (hoping for a 350 but a dumbass id4 is there, already done that rant), plugged into a 150 and started charging right away. An ionic 5 has been playing the EA shuffle trying to get any charger to work, nothing so far for them, so as painful as it may be at the moment it appears Lucid isn’t the only manufacturer with issues currently.

To you sage veterans......how much does a typical charge costs if you have to pay?
Like most things, it depends. Some states determine cost by the minute while others by the kwh. Different brands also charge different rates. You could see over $0.60/kwh on a L3 while some lower power L2's are free. Getting 50% of battery capacity on a GT would be around $24 to $36 depending on rate being charged by the company.

Which location so I know to avoid it? The Oceanside and Escondido EA always work for me (after finding a station that works) but the Rancho Bernardo one has not worked both times I tried. It's tricky at EA because the station gives every indication it is functional except it won't charge. Only way to know it isn't working (not just for Lucid) is for another car to pull in and have it fail too. At Oceanside and Esco, if the station is functional, I can charge. At RB, it won't charge. I really think it's site dependent. Your experience is similar to what @DeaneG, @Bill55, and I have experienced. If a functional station fails to charge the Lucid, the entire site will fail to charge.
RB location worked for me last week.

There are 3 points of failure for connection.

EA updating their software system
Lucid is deploying UX20 platform
Lucid mobile app for authenticator

Eventually Lucid and EA will get on same page for all Lucid to work. Meanwhile, EA is spaghetti coding on how different brands talk to them differently.

I’ve seen case where I was successfully charging, but Taycan attempted and failed to charge in all stalls, then he had to wait for me to finish charging. After I had enough juice and let him charge, he still couldn’t charge his Taycan. It is more nightmare for him than for me bc Taycan’s range is quite low and needs to charge more frequently.
I can understand it taking time to work the kinks out. In addition, not to mention, there is plenty of opportunity for user error when I attempt to speak their language. :)

To you sage veterans......how much does a typical charge costs if you have to pay?
IMG_4577.jpeg

That was roughly a 20% to 80% charge at a 150 KW station, the clock said 5 minutes left but it was at 80% a minute later.

I would have been SOL if the EA station didn't work yesterday, I wanted to come in low on battery as I wanted to see how fast a 350 KW station would take to get to 80%, the charge started at 238 KW and took about 35 minutes.
IMG_4912.jpeg

As a new member and soon to be AGT owner (Hopefully 1st quarter 2023), I have been feeling the EA pain for over two years with my 2020 Taycan 4S. The Taycan also receives 3 years of "free" charging at EA. Unfortunately in my case, the 2020 MY does not feature plug and charge capabilities. I have become so frustrated with the Porsche and the EA apps recognizing my VIN that I usually give up and pay out of pocket. I can typically resolve issues by calling EA. But, standing at the charger for 30 minutes and working it out is not worth my time.

As a new member and soon to be AGT owner (Hopefully 1st quarter 2023), I have been feeling the EA pain for over two years with my 2020 Taycan 4S. The Taycan also receives 3 years of "free" charging at EA. Unfortunately in my case, the 2020 MY does not feature plug and charge capabilities. I have become so frustrated with the Porsche and the EA apps recognizing my VIN that I usually give up and pay out of pocket. I can typically resolve issues by calling EA. But, standing at the charger for 30 minutes and working it out is not worth my time.
P*2 first 2 handshake at EA failed for me. I just texted their delivery advisory and use credit card. I didn’t bother with EA on the phone under 95F Texas heat, just not worth my time. But I now realize other brands access EA differently unlike auto detection of Lucid handshake makes me appreciate Lucid Air a lot more of convenience.

P*2 first 2 handshake at EA failed for me. I just texted their delivery advisory and use credit card. I didn’t bother with EA on the phone under 95F Texas heat, just not worth my time. But I now realize other brands access EA differently unlike auto detection of Lucid handshake makes me appreciate Lucid Air a lot more of convenience.
Be sure to lift up on that charge connector and press in during the first several seconds of connection to make sure the top pins make contact. It's a known problem with several makes, including P* and Volvo.

Be sure to lift up on that charge connector and press in during the first several seconds of connection to make sure the top pins make contact. It's a known problem with several makes, including P* and Volvo.
Wow! Thanks for sharing. I did not realize how poorly engineered the EV charging cable/handle was. This should not be acceptable and hopefully is being corrected.

Went to EA . Couldn’t connect. The charging tab on app wouldn’t list EA either. I called Lucid and they walked me thru these steps. They had me open up the app. Goto the navigation screen. Pick the lightning bolt. Then click on the EA icon on the map which showed all the chargers were unavailable. With that screen open, I plugged in. Then and only then , the charging tab showed the electrify America tab which I chose and started charging .

Went to EA . Couldn’t connect. The charging tab on app wouldn’t list EA either. I called Lucid and they walked me thru these steps. They had me open up the app. Goto the navigation screen. Pick the lightning bolt. Then click on the EA icon on the map which showed all the chargers were unavailable. With that screen open, I plugged in. Then and only then , the charging tab showed the electrify America tab which I chose and started charging .
That is how Polestar 2 does it, but using EA mobile app. So I guess, EA charging component piece is integrated to Lucid Mobile app. In my local EA, I don’t have to do this, I’ll remember this step when I go travel out of town next time.

Did you ever see an authentication error message anywhere?

Just confirming, you saw the "Electrify America" tab/button where, exactly?

Just confirming, you saw the "Electrify America" tab/button where, exactly?
In the app, under the charging tab is where it will show up or in the pilot panel also under the charging tab.

In the app, under the charging tab is where it will show up or in the pilot panel also under the charging tab.
Thank you. Mine has been a 100% fail to charge via the Lucid app, works fine if I pay for a charge via the EA app. I've tried all the iterations, and have never seen the mysterious Electrify America button. Lucid is working on it, hopefully gets fixed soon.

Roughly 10 cents per mile gained depending on your driving speed, and if you pay EA $4/month for a Pass+ membership or not (0.31/kWh vs 0.41/kWh).
I assume you don't need a Pass+ for the first 3 years. Is that true, or one must pay $4/month just to be able to use one of the Pass+ chargers?

I assume you don't need a Pass+ for the first 3 years. Is that true, or one must pay $4/month just to be able to use one of the Pass+ chargers?
No you do not as the membership is through Lucid

Thank you. Mine has been a 100% fail to charge via the Lucid app, works fine if I pay for a charge via the EA app. I've tried all the iterations, and have never seen the mysterious Electrify America button. Lucid is working on it, hopefully gets fixed soon.
Got my agt two weeks ago and until today i havent been able charge ea for free but credit card has alwsys worked. Today i just plugged in the cable and clicked continue on the charging station and it started immidialy to charge. Didnt use ea app on phone. No ea button showed up in lucid on the pilot screen and its charging screen. It just worked without doing anything in car or phone.

Back