Easy exit hack

chinesejpl

Cars
Air GT
I wanted to share a way I've found to "have" easy exit in my car (ie seats move backward when door is opened to allow easier exit). Others may know this already or maybe posted it but I've not read it here even when I do a search.

Essentially, I have my profile linked to my key and set the car to automatically adjust seats when my profile is selected. When I park the car, I move my seat back to allow easier egress and then open the door and leave. It stays in this position when I approach the car and get in and then when it recognizes me in the car (maybe by facial profile or detecting my key, I'm not sure) it moves my seat automatically back to my saved position. Voila... Easy exit just as I wanted!

I've only noticed this working consistently with the most recent updates (although not sure which one as I remember trying this several months ago but it didn't work as the car had trouble consistently recognizing me and thus taking too long to automatically adjust the seat).

Simple workaround that actually works quite well and pretty consistent for me the last few weeks.

I do this. Basically set seat perfectly to how you want, then move it back a lot, and then save profile.

Only issue is that every time I get in the car, I have to scoot up, and it takes like 10 seconds but looking now, that's just a minor inconvenience and I'm not bothered by it. Lucid has better things to worry about I'm sure.

I wanted to share a way I've found to "have" easy exit in my car (ie seats move backward when door is opened to allow easier exit). Others may know this already or maybe posted it but I've not read it here even when I do a search.

Essentially, I have my profile linked to my key and set the car to automatically adjust seats when my profile is selected. When I park the car, I move my seat back to allow easier egress and then open the door and leave. It stays in this position when I approach the car and get in and then when it recognizes me in the car (maybe by facial profile or detecting my key, I'm not sure) it moves my seat automatically back to my saved position. Voila... Easy exit just as I wanted!

I've only noticed this working consistently with the most recent updates (although not sure which one as I remember trying this several months ago but it didn't work as the car had trouble consistently recognizing me and thus taking too long to automatically adjust the seat).

Simple workaround that actually works quite well and pretty consistent for me the last few weeks.
I do that too. It doesn't bother me a lot, because it's what I did in my last car and I'm used to it. But at some point, the car should be able to do this itself. Many cars do. Admittedly, it's not in the top tier of important updates, just a nice to have.

I would think this would be an easy fix. Just have the seats retract when the door is opened. Most cars already do this. It is a pain to have to move the seat back every time you want to exit the car.

I would think this would be an easy fix. Just have the seats retract when the door is opened. Most cars already do this. It is a pain to have to move the seat back every time you want to exit the car.
Have done this and it is great! If only it worked consistently. I get to happen about 2 out of three times.

If you have figured out a way for the seat to retract when you open the door, and then stay there until you re-enter please share. I have to manually retract the seat each time.

If you have figured out a way for the seat to retract when you open the door, and then stay there until you re-enter please share. I have to manually retract the seat each time.
Right now, make 2 profiles on your driving position. Move the seat all the way back in 1 of them. Save it. Link your keys to that profile. Then after you get in, change to your normal driving profile. Not elegant, not efficient, but will get the job done for now.

I've now been Pavlov-trained to do this manually for this space-age vehicle.

Back