EA Charging

150kW stall is actually 175kW max delivery.
When you tether 2 175kW, you get 350kW stall.
If the 150 kW stall maxes at 175, how can one get 201 kW from a 150?
IMG_7902.jpeg

If the 150 kW stall maxes at 175, how can one get 201 kW from a 150?
View attachment 15573
Likely mislabeled and actually a 350. Check the EA app to see what that station actually is. You're relying on humans to correctly label the stations and they sometimes make mistakes. Kyle Conner found a station like that on his Colorado to Vegas run.

Astro isn’t as strong this year as previous years.
Looking forward to them play the Rangers. Love the extra effort seen in the playoffs. The WS is a let-down... the people who go are just rich and not so much into the game itself. Went to WS last year (hall of fame season tix.) and the people around us were looking at their phones or talking. Javier pitched a no-hitter against us. It was a fantastic display, but the guys in front of us left in the eighth (they stub hubbed for $2k seats!), disgusted. The WS attendees are not baseball fans, they are just rich. They were bragging how much they paid for their seats, then not even watching the game (nor did they seem to know the beauty of the game). We got tix. in the left field home run section last year in the playoff against the Braves. Everyone in the section was falling-down drunk and pissing in their seats, but you could not fall down = it was too loud. We stood the entire game. I wore ear plugs. It was the most fun I've ever had at a sporting event. Home runs were dropping on us like hail. Cheap seats baby, get the cheap seats and yell till you can't. Go Phils.

The WS attendees are not baseball fans, they are just rich.
This was most definitely not the case in Arlington in 2010.

I was at Game 5 when the damn Giants won the trophy. We talked baseball minutia with folks all around us for three hours. And then went home sad.

Anymore and we'll move it. Back to successful EA Charging!

Yes. Please, let's move any baseball talk elsewhere. This thread is about EA charging.

The EA closest to my home was a typical many chargers broken, etc. location.
They replaced 5 of the 6 chargers and I used one of the new ones for the first time last evening.
It was a 350 unit and brought me from 22% to 80% in about 35 minutes.
Really a big improvement in their equipment.
Only problem is every Uber driver in the area goes to the location.

I am amazed to note that I got from ~20% to 92% (72 kWh) in 52 minutes at Walmart in Union City CA! Started off at 120kW before tapering off (150 rated station). The first miracle was that there was an available outlet on a Sunday afternoon!

I know these numbers are no big deal compared to many of the extreme charger achievements here, but certainly the best I've ever seen. We spent the time grabbing lunch at Ocean Bar restaurant nearby.

The secret of fast charging seems to be low SoC... Unfortunately, I hate to do that and get antsy when I go below 200 miles of range!!

The secret of fast charging seems to be low SoC... Unfortunately, I hate to do that and get antsy when I go below 200 miles of range!!

You will get used to it. I am very confident of EA stations in between CA, NV, AZ, NM and TX. I arrived few times in between 6~10% SOC and got fast juice.

You will get used to it. I am very confident of EA stations in between CA, NV, AZ, NM and TX. I arrived few times in between 6~10% SOC and got fast juice.
See. Now if I were to start my own EV charging company, I'd call it "Fast Juice."

CCS DC Fast Charging just doesn't really roll off the tongue.

Have you just learned which ones to rely on or do you suggest a certain review app or something that's up to date with whats working?

Have you just learned which ones to rely on or do you suggest a certain review app or something that's up to date with whats working?

“PlugShare”’app to see any recent rant on station. Generally, these EA on interstate are reliable.

Back