EA charging Issues

valfor99

Cars
LGT
Having issues with charging at EA. Shows payment declined and then it shows authentication error. Tried different locations, worked with Lucid customer care, EA but no luck. Tried paying and charging using EA app no luck. Tried charging at home and it charges. Since I will have my home charging station setup next week, my charging is at 1 KW/hr. Lcid will be sending service person to analyze dont know when. This is conerning as it will cause people to be stranded if they travel away from home.

Ask them to disable plug and charge

How big a problem is reliability of trip charging stations?

I have only used EA stations in CA to this point, but I have always been able to eventually charge. The one time I couldn’t was the Lucid software inactivating the handshake ”certificate’ after an OTA update, but a call to Lucid and a reboot fixed it. My issues have been establishing connections with one particular machine or hose, one station or hose was not available, or the connection speed was way too slow. But again, I have always been able to charge.

it is just not EA. I have had those same types of issues with EVgo stations when charging the Leaf since 2018.

I recently completed a 3 week, 6,500 mile trip from Boston to Yellowstone and back. Most of the charging was at EA stations. For the most part everything worked and we weren't concerned. Out of about 25 charges, we had one where we had to switch dispensers at the station, and one hard failure where we couldn't solve it with both Lucid & EA on the phone. All of the others worked.

I was frankly more worried about a couple of very rural places where we knew we had to use slow chargers. Those were carefully planned to coincide with an overnight stay at a motel nearby, but if those had failed (or were busy when we got there) we were hundreds of miles away from the next charger. We were pleasantly surprised that the only charger inside Yellowstone National Park was free.

At the Stratford EA chargers, the Lucid was not recognized - EA eventually started the charge session remotely and the charge then went smoothly

I was in Napa via a return trip from Redding..The Anderson EA charging station has been consistent with respect of charging. The Napa Outlet Center has been consistent as well with the inability to initiate any charging capability. Last time I was there, spent three hours with EA and Lucid representatives on the phone to no avail on three different 350 chargers. I attempted to rotate thru each charging station twice to no avail. I was told to try an EVGO charger nearby and was only able to get a 100 mile boost and a credit card charge for $60.

Last week, was similar as I watched vehicles come and go after charging. Three of the EA chargers were “unavailable“. After one of the vehicles left a 150 charger, I jumped into position to charge with a known working charger and got another initiation error before finally getting a connection with a low charge rate while on a three way conversation with Lucid and EA service reps. I have an appointment at the Millbrae service center so they can look over the vehicle. I bought this vehicle due to its reported range, but range means nothing if we can’t even charge the vehicle.

This is an update on my issue with being unable to charge, just received my car from Costa Mesa service center delivered to my home. The following is what they found.

Job: 1 Charging Products Pay Type: Warranty Concern: Per WO-010753 line 1. Vehicle not charging at Electrify America or any third party chargers. Vehicle also not charging on level 2 charger. Please check and advise Cause: Corrosion in electrical plug. Corrections: Found water ingress in electrical plug at charge cable behind fender causing intermittent communication issues while charging on level 2 and DC fast chargers. Removed and replaced entire charge cable assembly and performed wiring repair to body-side of harness to ensure no further problems persist. Tested all charging functions after repairs and found all systems to function normally. No further repairs are required at this time.

Not sure as to how water found its way into the electrical plug as the car was never washed when I had it but I hope all is well and now awaiting my update to 2.0

We recently drove from southern Illinois to northern Wisconsin. We had some troubles with EA, the car is in my husband’s name but am the primary driver. When he was driving and plugged in, it did not work, bur when I tapped the ea on my phone it was fine. Go figure.

Ask them to disable plug and charge
Tried that and I was told it cannot be done. called EA and they provided complimentary charge ( not enabling from Lucid app). The last 2 I did charge at EA but took a few tries before the charger recognized. Looks idiotic when I keep plugging and unplugging the charger a few times before it starts. Bad publicity for the car brand too. Hope issues is resolved between EA and Lucid.

This is what you get when you complain to a US Senator about EA with a recommendation to investigate them and withhold any infrastructure money they’re applying for. Just a canned response full of a bunch of “I’m a great person”…….

“Thank you for writing to share your support for electric vehicles. I appreciate hearing from you.

Given how much of our greenhouse gas emissions are caused by the transportation sector, I believe that Congress must act boldly to advance electric vehicle deployment. That is why I was proud to vote for the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act (Public Law 117-58), which President Biden signed into law on November 15, 2021, and included $7.5 billion for electric vehicle charging and alternative fueling infrastructure. While this law will provide an important down payment to electrify our transportation fleet, Congress must still do more to make access to electric vehicles equitable and to further incentivize consumers to purchase them.

That is why I was also proud to vote for the Inflation Reduction Act of 2022 (Public Law 117-169), which President Biden signed into law on August 16, 2022. This historic law represents the largest investment ever dedicated to combating the catastrophic effects of the climate crisis with nearly $370 billion in climate and clean energy initiatives. It includes provisions that expand consumer tax credits for the purchase of new and used electric vehicles, up to $7,500 and $4,000, respectively, as well as incentives to encourage domestic manufacturing of clean energy and battery technology.

Please know that I appreciate hearing your perspective on this issue, and I will continue working with my colleagues in the Senate to advance legislation to electrify our transportation sector.

Once again, thank you for writing. Should you have any other questions or comments, please call my Washington, D.C. office at (202) 224-3553 or visit my website at padilla.senate.gov. You can also follow me on Facebook, and Twitter, and you can sign up for my email newsletter at padilla.senate.gov/newsletter.”

:rolleyes:

Sincerely,

The Senator has a staff member who’s a robot.
Canned response like this is not conducive to getting your vote next time.

Last edited:
Back