DT Certificate for 19"?

RPM

Tons of threads on issues with 20" and 21", and Pirellis... My Pure will have 19".

Any reason to consider Discount Tire certificates for these?

I run 20" on my Lexus sedan with no real issues, but it does have a real spare. ;-)

I'm not aware of any issues being reported on this forum for 20" tires.

Question...can you buy certificates for the tires that come with the car? I thought that program was only for tires purchased thru Discount Tires.

Question...can you buy certificates for the tires that come with the car? I thought that program was only for tires purchased thru Discount Tires.
Yes, as long as it's fairly new and meets the requirements for their certificate program.

I may give them a call.

I gave had the car for over 8 months, however, i have very low mileage, so maybe that's a factor.

For me, i would buy certificates if i could.

I may give them a call.

I gave had the car for over 8 months, however, i have very low mileage, so maybe that's a factor.

They are liberal letting you buy certificates. They Only looked at one of my oems to confirm model. Didn't ask age. In some states,cost is variable based on cost of a tire. CO AZ. In others,seems to be a flat rate. CA.

I would recommend for 20 and 21". Those are 95% of the issues here.

I bought the Discount Tire certificates for Air with 20" tires for about $200. No real tire failures but I picked up a nail in the left rear and had a slow leak. It was fixed for free. Then I picked up a screw in the right front in the corner of the tread. It could not be repaired, and they replaced the tire for free. Be aware that the certificate is only good for one tire replacement and then has to be "renewed" for that tire for continued coverage. Cost about $70 for the renewal. Cheap insurance for a $450 tire!

Pete

I may give them a call.

No need to call; just show up. They just look at it and write it on the spot.

Back