Driving in the rain

Overcharged

We had a bit of rain in Chicago this evening, not a downpour.

A few observations:

The windshield wipers work great and without noise.
A bit of getting used to regarding the sound of rain on the panorama roof.
I have the 19s with the winter tires on now and the ride is more compliant than the 21s with summer tires (no surprise) and the grip is wonderful.
Net result, the car is confidence inspiring in wet weather, very relaxing to drive.

We had a bit of rain in Chicago this evening, not a downpour.

A few observations:

The windshield wipers work great and without noise.
A bit of getting used to regarding the sound of rain on the panorama roof.
I have the 19s with the winter tires on now and the ride is more compliant than the 21s with summer tires (no surprise) and the grip is wonderful.
Net result, the car is confidence inspiring in wet weather, very relaxing to drive.
What about tire/road noise? Because the Teslas are known to be quite noisy on wet tarmac (way more than you'd expect).

Has anyone tried a RainX type product on the glass canopy? Would be interesting to know if that's advisable or not from the company.

What winter tires did you get? And from where?

Has anyone tried a RainX type product on the glass canopy? Would be interesting to know if that's advisable or not from the company.

I've used RainX on the windshield, and it works well, as it has on all other cars I've used it on. I do find it a bit harder on the Lucid than on other cars to buff off all the haze after application.

My ceramic coater actually recommended using RainX on the glass canopy instead of the ceramic application, which also works for glass. He said that, at least on the part of the glass that gets swept by the wipers, RainX would last almost as long as the ceramic and would be a lot easier (and cheaper) to reapply.

What winter tires did you get? And from where?
I got the only factory offered winter set up
Pirelli Sotto Zero 3 tires on the 19 inch rims, and I opted to not include the aero inserts
I got the work done at the Goose Island facility

I didn't notice any particular noise increase in the rain but that is a good/important question

Back