My car has been acting rude!

CLTGT

Verified Owner
Cars
73 Mustang Conv & the GT
My car has been acting rude the past couple days and I would like to have Lucid fix it.

It has been raining here quite a bit the past couple days and every time I open my car up to get in, the car cycles the windshield wipers and splashes me before I can get in. I really wish the wipers would wait until I put it in drive or at least close the door before cycling.

Oh yea, and I hate the way the wheel well behind the rear tires tend to collect leaves when it is wet, but that seems to be just a fall problem.

It may just be that they cycle if my wife opens her door first and I am just approaching from my side, but either way, I do not appreciate my car's behavior in that respect.

I thought they had fixed this. It used to happen to me but now seems to wait until I step in the brake which means I'm inside. Maybe I've just had a lucky streak.

From my experience it seems like the wipers wait until the driver’s door is closed, if the driver’s door was the first to open. This morning I opened my rear left door to put things in the back seat before getting in, it immediately tried to hurl a snowball at me when that rear door opened.

Maybe I just got in and put my foot on the brake before closing the door, but I will have to pay more attention next time it rains.

On the plus side, my wife got a laugh out of it.

My car has been acting rude the past couple days and I would like to have Lucid fix it.

It has been raining here quite a bit the past couple days and every time I open my car up to get in, the car cycles the windshield wipers and splashes me before I can get in. I really wish the wipers would wait until I put it in drive or at least close the door before cycling.

Oh yea, and I hate the way the wheel well behind the rear tires tend to collect leaves when it is wet, but that seems to be just a fall problem.
Thanks for sharing, @CLTGT. I just sent you a DM.

Thanks for sharing, @CLTGT. I just sent you a DM.
Thanks, just sent you an email. The more I thought about it, it happened before I even got into the car, at least I think that was the case. My wife was also getting into the other side and maybe it sensed her mobile key or something in the car, just thinking out loud here. I will make a mental note to pay particular attention to this next time it rains.

More I think about it, I think it just cycles with the mobile key being sensed nearby as I have to turn off bluetooth when I wash the car or the wipers cycle as I am washing/drying.

More I think about it, I think it just cycles with the mobile key being sensed nearby as I have to turn off bluetooth when I wash the car or the wipers cycle as I am washing/drying.
I prefer to believe that your car secretly hates you and is sentient.

I keep my wipers at “OFF” and I never see this. The auto wipers don’t work well, anyway, and I always want them off while I’m washing the car, anyway. Takes little effort to put them back on when I need them.

I prefer to believe that your car secretly hates you and is sentient.
It would not be the first time I labeled this car as "Christine"... and it probably will not be the last.

Back