Driving in heavy rain

Is any one concerned in driving in heavy rain?Just got my car yesterday and a huge storm is coming.The car is low and I'm concerned with going thru big puddles, etc.
Should I just park it
Just don't use ACC or HA in heavy rain.

In uncommon circumstances please consider what those of us who ride off-road motorcycles do upon encountering massive puddles, streams, rivers, etc: get off the bike. Decide whether to submerge your boots or take them off. Walk the route to learn what's there. Decide whether to continue or turn around. This is what we do, sometimes. Beats draining water out of the ICE engine's cylinders when one was wrong last time. It's less bad than shorting out our awesome car not designed for water deeper than some inches we don't know about -- the puddle in front of you nor the design limit depth.

On the topic of driving in heavy rain, how much does that affect EV range? I recently took a road trip on which I expected really good efficiency based on temperature and other factors, but my efficiency was mediocre at best. It was raining heavily so I’m assumed that may have been the factor. I imagine the tires breaking the surface tension on the road and extra drag from rain drops adds up. Does that ring true in other peoples experience?

On the topic of driving in heavy rain, how much does that affect EV range? I recently took a road trip on which I expected really good efficiency based on temperature and other factors, but my efficiency was mediocre at best. It was raining heavily so I’m assumed that may have been the factor. I imagine the tires breaking the surface tension on the road and extra drag from rain drops adds up. Does that ring true in other peoples experience?
I’ve found rain definitely kills range. Even mild rain will have a significant effect on long drives.

Heavy rain took me from my usual 4.2 to 3.6 on a recent Midwest road trip. Otherwise driving same efficiency minded style at 74-75 mph.

Appreciate your thoughts and it is a given not to drive into water. The Q is if you do what happens? One can get caught in traffic stream going into water we should know what depth Lucid can handle what actually shorts out etc
What do you do IF car shorts out ? Will doors work,windows? If fire starts where does it happen?
Anyone know ?
While water likely won’t enter the vehicle, you should not enter anything that’s above the lower door sill as if the vehicle dies and you need to exit it, when you open the door (which you can do by a double long pull on the handle, read the manual) water can ingress into the cabin, and the most insurances would declare it a total loss. My co-workers BMW ICE car was actually saved during a recent flash flood because he stalled but waited for the water to recede below the door line before getting out. He thought the engine/fuel system was dead but BMW service was able to save it. They had another one come in from the same incident and that driver got out, water got into the cabin and that was the end of that car.

What’s wrong with 21s in the snow?
It is not just snow and ice but when the temperature falls below 40 degrees the compound hardens and even on dry surfaces has less than optimal traction. Winter compound tires stay pliable and the tread design provides traction in ice and snow. Stopping distances are much less than on summer performance tires when surfaces are icy.

Back