Driver vs passenger presets

LucidJazz

Verified Owner
Cars
2023 Lucid Air Touring
New owner (1 week) – 2023 Touring – Zenith Red

The car often selects the passenger key fob for driver seat/steering wheel presets. I’m assuming the fob that wakes the car up is determined to be the driver. Any work arounds? It would seem obvious that the seat and steering wheel should retract fully when the car is placed in park for ease of exit/entry, and set to the drivers presets when put into Drive or Reverse.

There is no "entry mode" that moves the seat and steering wheel for ingress/egress. And if multiple keys (fobs or phones) approach the car around the same time, then the car doesn't know which one identifies the person who will drive. Workarounds for fob include use of a RFID blocking pouch (non-driver leaves fob in pouch).
Once you're in the car, then you can select a different profile from the screen, but if driver is tall and passenger short, getting in could be a problem.

There is no "entry mode" that moves the seat and steering wheel for ingress/egress. And if multiple keys (fobs or phones) approach the car around the same time, then the car doesn't know which one identifies the person who will drive. Workarounds for fob include use of a RFID blocking pouch (non-driver leaves fob in pouch).
Once you're in the car, then you can select a different profile from the screen, but if driver is tall and passenger short, getting in could be a problem.
The alternative, is to set both keys to unlock into the easy entry. Then once in, select your profile.

The alternative, is to set both keys to unlock into the easy entry. Then once in, select your profile.
Ah, I think what @hydbob is suggesting is to create a new profile, "easy entry", and save seat and steering wheel positions for ease of entry/exit. Then add the mobile keys for this profile. Once in, pick your personal profile for the positioning you want while driving. Clever man, that Hydbob. But don't quote me saying that, I'll deny.

Ah, I think what @hydbob is suggesting is to create a new profile, "easy entry", and save seat and steering wheel positions for ease of entry/exit. Then add the mobile keys for this profile. Once in, pick your personal profile for the positioning you want while driving. Clever man, that Hydbob. But don't quote me saying that, I'll deny.
That should work but Lucid should offer easy entry/easy exit as a standard feature.

Bought RFID blocking pouches. That seems to solve the main issue. Thanks for the replies.

That should work but Lucid should offer easy entry/easy exit as a standard feature.
In rl .. it doesn't work very well .. it takes forever to switch profiles and when I re-approach the car (usually w/ mobile key), the profile is set back to me (which I LIKE, but defeats the easy/entry/exit workaround).

I tried the profile thing too, but the switch between profiles is really slow. I know it's on the list of requested updates, so I'm sure it'll get here eventually. I'm 5'1" and my husband is 6'2". So this is something I'm really waiting for. For now, I just move the seat back when I get out. I had to do that in my last car, so it's kind of a habit anyway.

I tried the profile thing too, but the switch between profiles is really slow. I know it's on the list of requested updates, so I'm sure it'll get here eventually. I'm 5'1" and my husband is 6'2". So this is something I'm really waiting for. For now, I just move the seat back when I get out. I had to do that in my last car, so it's kind of a habit anyway.
I'm 6'3" and my wife is 4'11", the thing I found is that I have to get in the car and close the door before it switches to me. Same thing for her, but it is not a challenge for her to get in the car when it's set for me.

I'm 6'3" and my wife is 4'11", the thing I found is that I have to get in the car and close the door before it switches to me. Same thing for her, but it is not a challenge for her to get in the car when it's set for me.
Have you tried this silly sequence of opening the car, having it detect your profile and closing the door to let it load then opening back up and getting in?

Have you tried this silly sequence of opening the car, having it detect your profile and closing the door to let it load then opening back up and getting in?
No, but I will :cool:

I'm hoping this helps. If my wife gets in the passenger side before I get in the driver side, her profile is activated and I wind up with my knees in my chin, even though we're not that far apart in height. If I switch to my profile, the seat frequently does not change position and that is a pain. I will give this sequence a shot. I spent at least an hour getting the driver's seat just so and I want it that way when my profile is recognized, dammit!

This sounds like Tesla all over again, but over the years, Tesla fixed most of these. The problem was that they didn't have easy entry, didn't have a way to tie driver profiles to fobs, and it meant getting into the car and getting to the center console to set the profile, which meant moving the seat manually to get to the screen so that the car could move it automatically. It sounds like that old workaround of simply moving the seat manually with the buttons on the seat might do it, but I hate that I'll have to go through this all over again. Another solution, I would assume, would be not to tie my wife's phone or fob to a profile. Has Lucid made any progress on this? Also, I thought that the car was supposed to use facial recognition, which would still mean needing an easy entry position especially if the last driver was shorter.

Back